PDA

View Full Version : Sportmax XXR 501 questions

logos22
04-20-2010, 12:29 AM
I have an 02 ep3 that is completely bone stock. I have my heart set on this particular set of wheels (xxr 501) and I'm not sure which ones I should get. Which set will fit best on my car without any modification? 15'' or 16''? 7'' or 8'' width? 1.5'' or 3'' lip? Also, what kind of tires would go well with these wheels? Remember, my car is at stock height and will remain that way for awhile. Also, what should I expect to pay for a set of 4 and tires? Thanks :)

socmex7
04-20-2010, 09:49 AM
with those lips at soke height it'll look like shit. unless you have a plan on dropping it stick to something with a 6.5 to 7.5 inch width around a +40 to +45 offset (stock specs).

socmex7
04-20-2010, 02:16 PM
heres a member with the same style of wheel. the low offset only looks decent when dropped. at stock height not so much..

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?54550-Trippyx714-*All-Over-OC*-panda-)

jofus228
04-20-2010, 08:59 PM
with those lips at soke height it'll look like shit. unless you have a plan on dropping it stick to something with a 6.5 to 7.5 inch width around a +40 to +45 offset (stock specs).

Yes, and if anything I would recommend lowering the car before getting new wheels. It'll improve the overall look of your car more so than if you were to just get new wheels, and improve your handling as well depending on how you go about lowering it.

logos22
04-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Ok, so I've been asking around and the general consensus seems to be that it will look like crap at stock height lol. So, what would be the best way to go about lowering my car? I've heard that lowering springs will make the ride terrible. I'm a college student so money is a little tight.

socmex7
04-21-2010, 09:17 AM
i'm also in college so i know how the money thing goes.. springs on stock shocks ride like crap, but paired with a decent set of dampers, or even a set designed to be low an they ride better. look into some coilovers tho. not only do you get slightly better ride but you get adjustability to boot! it's all about saving up for stuff.

logos22
04-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Cool, any particular brand of coil overs? I hear you on the saving thing; I don't want to cheap out and have my car ride like crap (though I don't need a premium set, just one that well get the job done well).

gamma6
04-21-2010, 03:08 PM
i am also a college student i went with H&R lowering springs and i dont feel like the ride is that bad a bit rough tho but its cool...

jofus228
04-21-2010, 05:31 PM
With coilovers I would say Progress or Buddy Club N+. I think most people would suggest Progress but I hear they're on back order right now, but you could ask one of the vendors here and see or call Progress themselves.