PDA

View Full Version : Tein

Darkstar*
12-02-2002, 06:13 PM
Does anyone have Tein lowering springs installed. What are some good springs for the ep?

bmx269
01-18-2003, 09:11 PM
I am interested in pics aswell. Tein Springs that is.

Jpax
01-19-2003, 12:58 AM
S techs

cost 150 Fizzsautosports

http://www.tein.co.jp/img/stech1.jpg

Dunrick
01-19-2003, 11:08 AM
Do they have a coilover out yet?

bmx269
01-19-2003, 02:56 PM
I found the specs on Tein's website, but I cant understand how it works. I can't determine the drop. Anyone know the real drop on our cars.

Jpax
01-19-2003, 10:23 PM
1.5" drop thats it.

simann
01-19-2003, 11:50 PM
I posted a thread on this topic a long time ago and no one cared!

Any awy , Tein springs are what i an getting in a week or so , and they do have a 1.5 inch drop plus rubber on parts of the spring to eliminate metal noise(like H&R).

The Flex Coilover system IS out and cost around $12-1300 without the EDFC ( electronic dampening force controller)

Also some guy in Canada or the NE U.S HAS the FLEX and IT IS AWSOME...I will try to find his pics and post em on this thread!

goldy02
01-20-2003, 12:00 AM
simann were did you find the flexes for 12-1300 because i want a second set at that price i already have them i paid $1530 with a group buy of three people thats the best yet 1200 is less than cost

simann
01-20-2003, 12:26 AM
No need for Scarcasim( did I spell that correctly?)

I mearly was guestamating man! Come on.....

......By the way, Do you have the FDFC ?

goldy02
01-20-2003, 12:48 AM
i wasnt trying to be a smart ass i was wanting t know were you saw that so i dont get pissed off when i see them that cheap after i spent over $1500 on mine,

no edfc yet i'll get it in a month or so

StrangeShadow
01-20-2003, 02:26 AM
Goldy
around how much is the edfc?
please let me know when you get it.
and how do you like the flex'?
(I am seriously considering getting some plus the edfc and wouldn't mind as much enfo as poss. before I buy)
thanks.

HondaCivicSi
01-20-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by simann
I posted a thread on this topic a long time ago and no one cared!

Any awy , Tein springs are what i an getting in a week or so , and they do have a 1.5 inch drop plus rubber on parts of the spring to eliminate metal noise(like H&R).

The Flex Coilover system IS out and cost around $12-1300 without the EDFC ( electronic dampening force controller)

Also some guy in Canada or the NE U.S HAS the FLEX and IT IS AWSOME...I will try to find his pics and post em on this thread!

Where did you find the tein springs? Thanks

simann
01-20-2003, 11:11 AM
I found the tein springs at FizzAutosports.com They are $150 for all 4 springs plus around 20-30 dollars shipping , depending where you live.

As I stated above, the Tein are a 1.5 inch drop all around. This I belive is best for stock shocks, travel wise. they also incorporate a rubber piece wrapped partially around to prevent spring sounds as the spring compresses.

mods:
Super Black Limo Tint all around
HKS (universal) HiperCustom Cat back
HKS Short ram intak ...Hella Loud due to the venturi effect!
JDM honda emblems
JDM black leather/red stich shift boot
Motegi MR8 17" with 215/40 zr 17 Dunlop SP sport W10 rubber
Mugen oil cap
PIAA Super white xtreme bulbs
....Future plans...
Cams, Valve cover, TeinSprings,Header,Hondata ECU, etc...

bmx269
01-20-2003, 11:16 AM
does anyone have a picture of an EP on 17" wheels with this drop(1.5"). Please.

HondaCivicSi
01-20-2003, 11:29 AM
I have one more question...those teins are also for the normal civics...does that mean the spring rates are low? Do you think they would be ok, or will they come out with some just for the si?

goldy02
01-20-2003, 02:29 PM
StrangShadow,

i have seen the edfc on ebayfor abot $325, but the msrp is $380, im sure you can find them alot cheaper, just have to look,

i was considering the springs but i didnt want to use factory shocks and until someone comes out with aftermarket shocks i went for the teins i got them at a steal

bmx269
01-20-2003, 03:00 PM
can you post a picture please?

EDIT: I see they are the coilovers. My bad. I really need to see a pic of the Springs on an EP or an EP with 1.5" drop.

ULTRAMANIA
01-20-2003, 04:34 PM
DARKSTAR

i have the tein lowering springs installed on my car now.. i got it last july at garagespl in seattle washington.. i know you're from there so talk to alex from garagespl and he'll give you the details about em...

as for the ride.. the ride is as smooth as the stock springs.. i can't tell the difference.. it's a 1.8 inch drop which i think is pretty good for daily driving.. not to low, but not to high as well... i like em.. they work well.. here is some pics from an old thread of mine...

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1657&highlight=tein+lowering+springs

Dunrick
01-20-2003, 05:55 PM
Ultramania was your car in Issaquah at a gas station a week or so ago? I saw a white ep3 w/ jdm ctr rims - looked nice

ULTRAMANIA
01-20-2003, 08:20 PM
hey w'sup dunrick.. i remember you in the pacific northwest forum asking about good local shops... but no i wasn't at a gas station up there in issah. cause i'm down here in cali for school... i'll be there in the summer though... hopefully you can see me then

Dunrick
01-20-2003, 09:59 PM
Yeah cool man, the NW is lacking on the Ephatch.com!!! its all east coast - not that that sucks, but I want some NWeper's

there is only a few - brettny - paxie - me - natesi - you thats about all I can think of at the moment

HondaEU1
01-21-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by bmx269
does anyone have a picture of an EP on 17" wheels with this drop(1.5"). Please.

hi! i will be getting my EU1 civic hatch lowered soon, using Tein spring.

hopefully by Feb, i will be able to post to u guys and show u how low is my car after it is lowered by Tein spring then :)

btw, i am driving a car similar to the Civic Si from yr country.
i am driving a JDM civic 5dr hatch known as the EU1 in Japan :)

regards,
Kelvin
Singapore

Darkstar*
01-21-2003, 11:28 AM
Ultrarama....thanks for the info. I'll check out GarageSPL sometime soon. But I though TEIN only made springs for the 02+ civics. Not for the ep3. Will they fit? So is it a 1.5" or 1.8" drop? Hey guys Im from the Pacific NW too. Dont forget about me. look for a stock black si, debadged. So far Ive seen/met about six people with ep's. I don't think its any of you.

ULTRAMANIA
01-21-2003, 02:57 PM
darkstar... yea.. alex from garagespl told me that they weren't for our EP3s, but it fits our cars perfectly.. they work for me.. i have had no problems with them thus far and it's been over 6 months... you can give them a try cause i highly recommend them.. and plus.. i know the guys are gspl and iknow they wouldn't screw me.. they're a pretty well respected shop that would just let customers like me hang and left to dry... talk to them darkstar.. oh and by the way.. it's an 1.8 drop.. not a 1.5... it's good for daily driving..

bmx269
01-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Do you have the part number?

ULTRAMANIA
01-21-2003, 07:16 PM
Do you have the part number?

???

Jpax
01-22-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMANIA
it's an 1.8 drop.. not a 1.5... it's good for daily driving..

yea that .3 is going to make all the difference.:rolleyes:

bmx269
01-22-2003, 11:13 AM
The part number of the springs you bought.

ULTRAMANIA
01-22-2003, 04:54 PM
The part number of the springs you bought.

sorry dood.. i have no idea what the part number for the springs i bought was... if you want them, you should call garagespl in seattle washington and alex will give you the details on the rest... that's how i ordered mine.. i forgot the number to garagespl but you can find it on their site... hit up... www.garagespl.com

hope that helps...

simann
01-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Hey Honda EU1, What type of motor do you have, K20a2
or K20 A3?

HondaEU1
01-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Hey Honda EU1, What type of motor do you have, K20a2
or K20 A3?

hi bro !
sorry to disappoint you, but my motor ain't of the K block.

it is juz a puny SOHC D15 block :(

EU1,2,3,4 belongs to the D-block series. either SOHC 1.5 or 1.7

simann
01-24-2003, 10:06 PM
hi bro !

it is juz a puny SOHC D15 block

Thats a cool lookin little vehicle! I cant believe a motor like that in that size of a vehicle!

HondaEU1
01-24-2003, 10:47 PM
hi bro !

it is juz a puny SOHC D15 block

===========================

Thats a cool lookin little vehicle! I cant believe a motor like that in that size of a vehicle!

yep, i can't believe it too ! hahaha.
got to ask those funny Japs on this question :)

anyway, i am from Singapore.
kinda keen on buying the rear EP3 spoiler from http://www.2loww.com but the freight charges from US to my country cost even more than the price of the spoiler !!!

u have any ideas how to bring tat spoiler imported to my country cheap ? hope to find cheaper alternatives.....

i was quoted around US $420 for the spoiler + freight charge to Singapore :(

simann
01-26-2003, 07:37 AM
I found a WAY better deal. Its the spoiler I saving up for! I found them on Ebay, just the minute they ended.So I contacted this guy about buying from HIM and not on Ebay.My quote was $110 for the spoiler , ( comes with rear break light!,All hand layed Fiberglass, and Fits JDM spec Si or Civic Type R with NO mods, but US spec need Minor sanding for some reason ) , And $52 for shipping to my door. Go to mail to: renvovaauto@yahoo.com to contact him.

Hope this might work for you!

HondaEU1
01-26-2003, 06:06 PM
I found a WAY better deal. Its the spoiler I saving up for! I found them on Ebay, just the minute they ended.So I contacted this guy about buying from HIM and not on Ebay.My quote was $110 for the spoiler , ( comes with rear break light!,All hand layed Fiberglass, and Fits JDM spec Si or Civic Type R with NO mods, but US spec need Minor sanding for some reason ) , And $52 for shipping to my door. Go to mail to: renvovaauto@yahoo.com to contact him.

Hope this might work for you!

Cool ! thanks for yr kind help.
i juz hope he will be able to ship it to Singapore !

cheers :)

simann
01-26-2003, 07:15 PM
Yeah , Singapor is a LONG way aruond the globe!

Your very welcome!

StrangeShadow
01-28-2003, 07:46 PM
Goldy02,

What's the difference between the edfc and the msrp?

(I have no idea what the msrp is...hehe, I have only head of the edfc)