PDA

View Full Version : Kpro questions

omgheyitskenny
04-22-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm planning on buying kpro and tuning the car from a local tuner in about a month

I still have the stock k20a3

my mods are i/h/e

I'm asking because I do not want to waste money pointlessly if this is not necessary right now. I just want to have a little fun atm.

I'm planing on doing a z1 headswap and boosting or just putting a k24a2 in at the end of this year (the z1 headswap would be cheaper)

my question now is how much would I see in gains from kpro where I stand right now or would it just be a total waste to get kpro and tune it right now on the PNF ecu

4angrybadgers
04-23-2010, 05:21 AM
Kpro won't net you a ton of power with just bolt-ons. However if you bought it now it would give you time to get some experience street tuning your car, so that when you boost/swap later you'll be past the learning curve.

goldEp
04-30-2010, 01:31 PM
yes.. im at the same boat as you.. i have the stock a3 motor in with 6 speed typeR transmission and 10lb flywheel with exedy oem spec clutch..
i know kpro wound do much but... i want to get it out the way.. i have heard kpro is a must if you have big plans later get it out the way now then you can start geting your set up ready..plus it will run the k20a3 to its full potentioal....
right..? rev that baby to 8g i know i will..once i get kpro..lol

emersc63
05-02-2010, 05:10 PM
agree. the learning curve will help a bunch. and it comes in very handy even for a lightly moded car.