PDA

View Full Version : ESMM Inserts installed and I couldn't be happier

kabones
04-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Finally got fed up with the sloppy mounts on my EP and picked up some ESMM inserts. It took less than 2 hours to install and I'm glad I did them when I did as the front mount had a small tear in it already. Now that they're in I'm not surprised by the vibration and extra noise that I have as I knew going in what the outcome would be. I am however surprised at how good the car feels now during hard driving and how much quicker the car reacts to throttle input. I'm only disappointed I didn't do this sooner. For any owners who haven't upgraded their mounts yet you don't know what you're missing. The DIY instructions were great so thanks to those who posted them.:mbiggrin:

03NighthawkSi
04-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Sounds good. I have a set sitting in the house that I haven't installed yet. Im a little concerned about the extra noise, but my stereo is usually up loud enought that I really don't think it's going to matter.

talonXracer
04-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Glad you like them, they are the best bang for the buck, the differences between the ESmm inserts and stock is about the same as between the ESmm inserts and the AVID mounts. The inserts will soften up a tad within a short time.

Cheep3
04-24-2010, 03:07 PM
I've been meaning to get a set but I have a random tube of window weld in my garage that I keep thinking I'll get around to using... Has anyone tried "welding" these inserts into place??

talonXracer
04-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Do not use windoweld to glue them in place. You would be further ahead to use the WindoWeld instead of the ESmm inserts.

kabones
04-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Sounds good. I have a set sitting in the house that I haven't installed yet. Im a little concerned about the extra noise, but my stereo is usually up loud enought that I really don't think it's going to matter.

So was I at first which is why it took me so long to do it. Do your ep and yourself a favor...put them in you won't be disappointed.

kabones
04-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Glad you like them, they are the best bang for the buck, the differences between the ESmm inserts and stock is about the same as between the ESmm inserts and the AVID mounts. The inserts will soften up a tad within a short time.

Hey thanks. I agree that they are the best bang for the buck now that I have them in. Are you running the AVID mounts??

talonXracer
04-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Yes I have the AVID mounts, I have used the ESmm's, Innovative and now the AVID and the AVID's are hands down the best. I even rate the ESmm inserts above the Innovative mounts, and do not recommend the pass side Innovative mount for any reason.

Cheep3
05-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Do not use windoweld to glue them in place. You would be further ahead to use the WindoWeld instead of the ESmm inserts.

Well I went to install some used esmm inserts today and after noticing that there was a tear in the front mount I went ahead and Windo-welded the inserts into place. Wow! I'm amazed at the difference! Definitely more solid than I expected - but so far very pleased! It really feels like a race car at idle. Too bad it still doesn't feel like a race car when wide open... :thumbu:

Passenger
05-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Yes I have the AVID mounts, I have used the ESmm's, Innovative and now the AVID and the AVID's are hands down the best. I even rate the ESmm inserts above the Innovative mounts, and do not recommend the pass side Innovative mount for any reason.

Aren't there different AVID mounts? Which do you recommend?

Slip_Angle
06-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Installed ESMM's today. I could only do the front since my KRRH is in the way of the back mount and taking it off would take some doing. The install isn't bad but I ran into a problem, possibly cross threading one of the mount bolts. It went in tight, real tight but it's in so should be ok.

Anyways, the feel is good and the vibrations are minimal with just the front ESMM installed. Maybe this will be good enough for what I need.

Stay tuned.

DP420
07-04-2011, 04:15 PM
where can i possibly just get the front mount (i saw them on clubrsx)
but need just the driver side mount solo i dont wanna spend all that money when i dont need to replace the rear or passenger...

Garrett
07-04-2011, 10:06 PM
how does this compare to an engine torque dampner? is there any comparison whatsoever?

Drew1d
07-05-2011, 01:49 PM
how does this compare to an engine torque dampner? is there any comparison whatsoever?

I've owned both and they are very similar. The damper was nice because it had adjust-ability, and you can take it off. But a torque damper doesn't fix a torn engine mount...