PDA

View Full Version : Brake bleeding issue

knowgood
04-25-2010, 02:27 AM
I'm in the process of redoing my brakes, everything goes fine until i get to the point to were i need to bleed my brakes and finish the job up. I pump and pump only to get no pressure building up, which leads to no fluids coming from the bleeders.

It's hella late and I'll post more details later. But does anybody have any idea of whats the problem and how to fix it?

talonXracer
04-25-2010, 06:32 AM
open the bleeders and allow the system to gravity bleed or get a vacuum bleeder. Then when you think it is completely bled, take the car for a drive and hammer the brakes to cycle the ABS and remove any air left in there and rebleed the system.

Lucid Moments
04-25-2010, 07:28 AM
open the bleeders and allow the system to gravity bleed or get a vacuum bleeder. Then when you think it is completely bled, take the car for a drive and hammer the brakes to cycle the ABS and remove any air left in there and rebleed the system.

What he said

knowgood
04-25-2010, 08:52 AM
So just open the bleeders and let them bleed out?

talonXracer
04-25-2010, 09:19 AM
That is correct, but make sure that you DO NOT depress the brake pedal while the bleeders are open, also make sure to open the brake reservoir and keep it full of fluid. It can take awhile to get it perfect.