PDA

View Full Version : Boost noob looking for opinions

ep3steez
04-25-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry in advanced for posting like noob about this, but can some experienced turbo users give me some thoughts on this?
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts/1666908696.html
This seems like a fairly good price for so much. I'm just not sure about that emanage ecu because I know k-pro is the way to go.

ep3steez
04-26-2010, 10:21 AM
Also, another scenario is that I am currently reflashed by Hondata. Will I need to upgrade to k-pro or even downgrade to the stock ecu to work with e-manage or will e-manage work with a reflashed ecu?

danoonez
04-26-2010, 10:25 AM
that's a solid deal if it's as new as he says...

dump the emanage (you could probably get about $100 for it), get kpro (there should be a discount if you're already reflashed), and get some injectors. good to go.

AND i'm pretty sure there's a "Greddy Turbo" .kal available, so you wouldn't even need to worry about tuning; just make sure you get the right injectors as called out by the .kal file.

jh604
04-26-2010, 04:35 PM
sounds good, dont get the emanage if possible, yes theres a cheaper price from reflash -> kpro vs stock -> kpro. crsx has a sale for only 300 or less to upgrade. kpro comes with greddy kals. there are 2 for 440s or 550s

whatisthis
04-26-2010, 05:44 PM
if you buy the whole kit and go kpro, you could keep in mind that i'm looking for an e-manage for my other civic. i might be interested in buying it off you.

ep3steez
04-26-2010, 07:09 PM
that's a solid deal if it's as new as he says...

dump the emanage (you could probably get about $100 for it), get kpro (there should be a discount if you're already reflashed), and get some injectors. good to go.

AND i'm pretty sure there's a "Greddy Turbo" .kal available, so you wouldn't even need to worry about tuning; just make sure you get the right injectors as called out by the .kal file.

Just the responce I was looking for, thank you very much for the informative reply.

if you buy the whole kit and go kpro, you could keep in mind that i'm looking for an e-manage for my other civic. i might be interested in buying it off you.

I'll keep you updated if I end up buying the kit. If I see the kit and it looks good, I should buy it very soon.

Thanks everyone

ep3steez
04-29-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm picking up the kit in 2 weeks. I'm excited:mbiggrin:

gtimportfanatic
04-29-2010, 08:04 PM
dude .. u will still need a tune.. the kal will keep u running.. but u shouldnt beat on the car with it.. the difference i saw between when i got tuned and when i ran the kal was maaaaajor.. i got tuned at Xenocron.. but there are plenty of reputable tuners.. Kpro is def the shit tho

superchargedk20
04-29-2010, 08:11 PM
dude .. u will still need a tune.. the kal will keep u running.. but u shouldnt beat on the car with it.. the difference i saw between when i got tuned and when i ran the kal was maaaaajor.. i got tuned at Xenocron.. but there are plenty of reputable tuners.. Kpro is def the shit tho

yea that. Need to get tuned. Base map is to just get u running

gtimportfanatic
04-30-2010, 03:51 AM
yea that. Need to get tuned. Base map is to just get u running
u made over 300 with ur basemap fucker lol.. i love ur numbers

tjs03si
04-30-2010, 06:05 AM
upgrade injectors to 550s nd sell emanage on ebay

ep3steez
05-03-2010, 09:16 AM
It's going to be a slow process. I'll pick up the kit soon, upgrade to kpro in a month or so and then buy other parts (550 injectors, better oil lines and any other suggested or needed parts). I'll have to survive on the base map for a while, but I'll get it tuned eventually. I'm starting a F/S thread soon so the e-manage should be in there if WhatIsThis doesn't buy it first.

whatisthis
05-03-2010, 03:26 PM
pm me when you're ready to sell it!