PDA

View Full Version : Water meth injection numbers

Anubisx_13
04-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Im considering running water meth to up my numbers im running a jrsc-r with a 3.7 pulley im wanting more power and i have a very good tuner im just wondering if its worth the money just getting power hungry thanks for the input

DirtyEP3
04-26-2010, 07:08 PM
i have a 3.7 pulley on my car, but i have a a2 with a a3 CP i'm making 12.5 psi. no water meth yet.. it feel's nice even without the complete tune.

superchargedk20
04-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Im considering running water meth to up my numbers im running a jrsc-r with a 3.7 pulley im wanting more power and i have a very good tuner im just wondering if its worth the money just getting power hungry thanks for the input

in 1 word.... yes!

K20A EP3
04-27-2010, 02:48 AM
i have a 3.7 pulley on my car, but i have a a2 with a a3 CP i'm making 12.5 psi. no water meth yet.. it feel's nice even without the complete tune.

damn 12.5 with the 3.7? im only making 8.5 with the 3.8 and k24 cp. 12.5 seems a lil high.

DirtyEP3
04-27-2010, 05:15 PM
give me a couple weeks i'll post the dyno log. i speak the truth, lol. my motor is not stock tho.

Anubisx_13
04-27-2010, 06:36 PM
im wondering if any one has been dynoed before the meth and after just wondering what kind of increase im wanting to hit around 250 i made 220 with the 4.0 and have not got it tuned for the 3.7 yet just wondering if its possible to make the numbers im lookin for or im just gonna wait and do a swap im just trying to put down as much as i can on the a3 its much mor respectable than a swap and by the way K20A EP3 im hitting 10 psi with out any slippage 12.5 is definitaly possible on an a2 due to you being able to rev it higher

4angrybadgers
04-28-2010, 06:26 AM
DirtyEP3: 12.5psi sounds very odd, unless you have the most restrictive header and exhaust possible. What are your i/h/e mods? And I hope that if you really are pushing that much boost, that you have an aftermarket MAP sensor - the stock one is only accurate to ~10.5psi.

Anubisx_13: if you went from the 4.0 to the 3.7 I would definitely get it tuned soon. Pushing more boost, with higher intake temperatures, may put you outside the safe range of a tune for the 4.0 pulley.

An a3 can spin the JRSC as fast as an a2, it's all determined by your rev limiter and pulley ratios. Do keep in mind that the JRSC has its own safe RPM range, and going above its ceiling could be bad.

K20A EP3
04-28-2010, 02:55 PM
def wanna see some datalogs and see ur setup, cause it just dont seem right

speedking604
04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
i'm not sure how you getting 12.5 psi. i'm running k20z1 with watermeth a3 cp and 3.7 jrsc pulley and i'm pushing 8.5-9.5.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?54246-new-set-up-new-dyno-numbers

DirtyEP3
04-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Once i get all the final numbers i will repost. before the site crash i had one up here with details of what my car has. their are something that i have most of you do not. and yes i have a k20a2, but the 112.5 psi came on at 4100 rpm and would of kept climbing a little bit past that if the car was not breaking up while tuning. that problem has been solved. Sorry for the thread jack!! I no longer have a stock map i had to upgrade it, i have a hondata 4 bar. i will ask my tuner to send me a dyno log if possible, and i have video that i will try to post. i'll make a new thread after i get home from work.

Anubisx_13
04-28-2010, 04:05 PM
DirtyEP3: 12.5psi sounds very odd, unless you have the most restrictive header and exhaust possible. What are your i/h/e mods? And I hope that if you really are pushing that much boost, that you have an aftermarket MAP sensor - the stock one is only accurate to ~10.5psi.

Anubisx_13: if you went from the 4.0 to the 3.7 I would definitely get it tuned soon. Pushing more boost, with higher intake temperatures, may put you outside the safe range of a tune for the 4.0 pulley.

An a3 can spin the JRSC as fast as an a2, it's all determined by your rev limiter and pulley ratios. Do keep in mind that the JRSC has its own safe RPM range, and going above its ceiling could be bad.

I have checked my data logs and the af looks fine ive been running the 3.7 on it since nov and have drove over 4 hours on it non stop its been doing great no knocks nothing its been doing great and yes an a3 can spin the jrsc as fast as an a2 but honestly who wants to run their a3 up to 8800 on stock internals thanks but im already gettin it re tuned any way im just wanting to find out if i should blow the 400 on the aem watermeth kit along the way

DirtyEP3
04-28-2010, 04:35 PM
I have checked my data logs and the af looks fine ive been running the 3.7 on it since nov and have drove over 4 hours on it non stop its been doing great no knocks nothing its been doing great and yes an a3 can spin the jrsc as fast as an a2 but honestly who wants to run their a3 up to 8800 on stock internals thanks but im already gettin it re tuned any way im just wanting to find out if i should blow the 400 on the aem watermeth kit along the way

Dont blow it on the aem. Check out Cooling Mist, Devil's Own, and there is one moe i have forgot about. they are a little better priced.

Anubisx_13
04-28-2010, 07:37 PM
k thanks dirty il check it out i found an aem on ebay brand new for 250 im gonna pick it up

BlownSi05
04-29-2010, 05:32 AM
k thanks dirty il check it out i found an aem on ebay brand new for 250 im gonna pick it up

I will second the Cooling Mist kits. I have heard good things about them from numerous peeps. Just remember that the power will come from the timing you will be able to put back in because of the cooler air charge and not directly from the kit itself. Can't wait to see the results once it's done!:mtongue:

4angrybadgers
04-29-2010, 05:43 AM
Once i get all the final numbers i will repost. before the site crash i had one up here with details of what my car has. their are something that i have most of you do not. and yes i have a k20a2, but the 112.5 psi came on at 4100 rpm and would of kept climbing a little bit past that if the car was not breaking up while tuning. that problem has been solved. Sorry for the thread jack!! I no longer have a stock map i had to upgrade it, i have a hondata 4 bar. i will ask my tuner to send me a dyno log if possible, and i have video that i will try to post. i'll make a new thread after i get home from work.

Cool beans. I'll look for your thread soon. :thumbu:

At the risk of sidetracking your thread further... you wouldn't even have to run your a3 up to 8800 to match an a2 JRSC's speed. Like I said, the pulley ratios can change that - you could be at 6800 RPMs and make your SC spin as fast as one on an a2 doing 8800 RPMs, if you have the blower pulley sized correctly relative to the crank pulley. But it really isn't relevant here, so I'll quit babbling. :mbiggrin:

DirtyEP3
04-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Check this out: http://www.coolingmist.com/pagedisplay.aspx?feature_key=clearance

Lucid Moments
04-29-2010, 08:00 AM
I recently added water injection to my car. No methanol in mine. My sole goal was to make the motor safer by reducing intake temps. My max intake temp so far recorded was 117, and that is with a GM itake air temp sensor located in the intake manifold. That compares to a pre cooling # of in excess of 160.

It did gain me about 13whp with just the addition of the water injection and tuning with no other changes.

I used the coolingmist system and it seems to be working well. I haven't really tested it much, but am taking it to the track this weekend and will see how well it works out.

Anubisx_13
04-29-2010, 05:57 PM
k thanks for all the info guys i just purchased my aem water meth kit on ebay $220 brand new i couldnt pass it up it was a steal ill post up dyno numbers as soon as i get to the dyno it will probably be in two weeks or so i have to go camping with the wife next weekend but for now i have a little something to keep me occupied

Anubisx_13
05-03-2010, 06:19 PM
I recieved my water meth kit today and i am going to install this weekend im just wondering what to run for the water meth ive heard windshield washer fluid any suggestions

04SiSpeed
05-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Snow Injection is a good company as well. Only about 300 for there kit.

superchargedk20
05-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Snow performance is a good kit. I run the peak washer fluid. U can make ur own 50/50 mix or buy it straight from Snow performance; they call it their "boost juice" But this stuff isnt cheap

BlownSi05
05-11-2010, 05:46 AM
Snow Injection is a good company as well. Only about 300 for there kit.

Snow performance is a good kit. I run the peak washer fluid. U can make ur own 50/50 mix or buy it straight from Snow performance; they call it their "boost juice" But this stuff isnt cheap

Snow, that was the other one that I was trying to remember...lol It was bugging the hell out of me I couldn't remember it!