PDA

View Full Version : Removing rear interior?

88crx
04-26-2010, 06:49 PM
How do you get the rear side panels out? The big plastic peace beside the rear bench.

Thanks.

Kerby
04-26-2010, 09:18 PM
It's a little long process but it's fairly easy.

1.) remove lower hatch plastic piece
2.) remove upper plastic piece that holds the privacy piece
3.) remove rear seat complete
4.) remove about 3-bolts and pull 11-tabs for the side piece to come free
5.) you have to remove the bolt that holds the lower seatbelt.

When I get into work later this morning I'll scan the page in the service manual how to do it.
I think I removed both panels in less that 30mins. But i took my time, saved all the bolts/tabs, labeled them and brought them down to the basement.

If your doing this, you might as well replace the B-Pillar Floor bar with the DC5R. it's lighter and stronger. It's a good mod.

88crx
04-26-2010, 09:28 PM
I have the service manual saved on my computer somewhere.... I'll have to dig it up.

Thanks for the help though..... was hoping I didn't have to compeltely pull the rear seat out, damn. ha.

Kerby
04-26-2010, 09:32 PM
if you find the service manual it's page 18-21.... something like that.

Passenger
04-26-2010, 10:17 PM
The big rear interior pieces (that the rear passengers lean on) you have to work from front to back. Works from the doors-> the c-pillar area down and around. If any of that makes sense lol.

Kerby
04-27-2010, 06:13 AM
The big rear interior pieces (that the rear passengers lean on) you have to work from front to back. Works from the doors-> the c-pillar area down and around. If any of that makes sense lol.

really? I was able to do mine rear to front.

AKAahlecks
08-10-2016, 03:22 PM
if you find the service manual it's page 18-21.... something like that.

Page 20-51 if anyone still needs the info to remove the rear plastics. I'm taking off my plastics to paint them black

tommy
08-11-2016, 06:40 AM
And the pieces come out rear to front, btw, not as previously said. It's a real PITA. Make sure to pop in the arm rest sections correctly before doing final screwing in at the rear. And yes, you will break plastic clips as you go, so get ready to replace or ignore replacing, your choice.