PDA

View Full Version : P0341

so kraziey
04-27-2010, 12:28 PM
My cousins 2002 Rsx- S keeps trowing that code. We change 2 the cam and time right on the dot. My question, could the chain tensioner be the thing that keeps throwing the code? I don't know what to do any more. Please help!

Thanks

StraightEP3
04-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Could be slack in the Chain.....how many miles does it have on it ? I just went through this whole thing with mine, from what Ive found everyone suggest that it could be a number of things but not the Sensor itself.....I changed the chain and tensioner and then disaster struck the head 1 day later....timing was on.....not sure what gave. I ended up replacing the whole motor. Ive heard alot of problems coming from the chain being changed.....I would take it to a shop if you end up going that route so that some one else is liable for resulting issues. I do all my own work but this one bit me in the ass. Just my 2 cents......Im no master mechanic.

l2aymond_23
04-27-2010, 04:44 PM
The motor has about 60,000 miles on it. Does not seem to be any slack in the chain. Its tight as can be. I bought a whole new motor and head was bad so I bought a whole new head, and now Im running into this issue. I tried changing the sensors and still nothing. Car barely idles and has trouble staying on. What else could it be?? I need help!!!!

StraightEP3
04-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Hopefully Talon will see this soon...he can probably help you out.

freddy914
04-27-2010, 04:56 PM
i just had this problem last week and i ended up changing my timing chain and tensioner and so for no more check engine light.. as soon as i took off the tensioner u can see that the teeth were all worn out.. but i knew this was goin to happen bcuz i have stage 2 cams. is ur cousin running any cams?

so kraziey
04-27-2010, 06:05 PM
i just had this problem last week and i ended up changing my timing chain and tensioner and so for no more check engine light.. as soon as i took off the tensioner u can see that the teeth were all worn out.. but i knew this was goin to happen bcuz i have stage 2 cams. is ur cousin running any cams?

No, he running stock cams with 60k on it.

so kraziey
04-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Bump For Some help.

robhep3
04-29-2010, 11:22 AM
This may sound really dumb, but are you sure you have the right head and block matched? 100% sure the block and head are both A2's? Mismatching the head and block will cause all kinds of problems, electronically and mechanically...

so kraziey
04-29-2010, 03:32 PM
This may sound really dumb, but are you sure you have the right head and block matched? 100% sure the block and head are both A2's? Mismatching the head and block will cause all kinds of problems, electronically and mechanically...

I super sure, we adjust the timeing chaine about 3 times and end with the same result.The code keep popping up.

sam0218
04-30-2010, 04:29 PM
http://www.myacrobatpdf.com/8355/honda-service-bulletin-2002-civic-3-door-and-cr-v-mil-comes-on-with-dtc-p0341.html