PDA

View Full Version : godspeed camber kit

gamma6
04-27-2010, 01:42 PM
i just ordered sportmax (xxr) rims 16" 0 offset and i was told and researched that i will be needing a camber kit. i ran across some for cheap $60 and they are called godspeed and i wanted to check if they were decent for the price. I have H&R lowering springs and i want to make these wheels fit. Is it a good brand of camber kit to go with? I dont plan to track my car anytime soon or anything just DD.

str8upballur
06-21-2010, 06:26 PM
also lookin to see if this is a good camber kit? looking to drop my car with progress springs and trying to find a cheap camber kit. heres a link for them. tell me what u think. it does come with a 1 year warranty so that is somewat reassuring. here is the link. check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GODSPEED-02-04-05-CIVIC-SI-EP3-FRONT-REAR-CAMBER-KIT-/230481599950?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35a9c61dce

Passenger
06-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Usually the camber kits are priced about $150 for ingalls, eibach I think has one, I have the T1R's which were $150shipped back in the day from SpeedStarRacing. To my knowledge certain ones have certain degrees of camber that they can adjust too but I dont think its any significant camber between them. I've never heard of Godspeed but I dont think I've ever heard of anyone really having problems out of a set of camber kits at all and I've been here for awhile. Hope this helped a little.

CuStOmMaDe
06-21-2010, 06:47 PM
if this where me id stay away from the ebat kit str8upballer they usually will rust over with time from wut I have seen plus wut u pay is usually what you get and when it comes to suspension id like to know im safe versus not to sure about if it will hold on in the next corner so spend your money wisley but cheap products usually arnt too good just me though

str8upballur
06-21-2010, 06:53 PM
yea wat u get is usually wat u pay for. i just want to drop the ep real bad. im in college so im just always looking for short cuts lol. i live in miami so no real problems with rust here but thanks for the info guys. hopefully someone has bought these and is currently using them with no problems.

hondaguy92129
06-21-2010, 07:08 PM
IMO I wouldn't cheap out on a camber kit. A full set (front and rear) from SSR or pretty much anywhere else is about $140. Thats not really so bad so I would just save up for the name-brand kit.

Just my .02

Deadphishy
06-21-2010, 08:59 PM
godspeed was a local Tuner shop here in Michigan. They went under about 6 years ago, Changed thier name to The Tuning factory, then finally went under in 2008. Not bad when they started but their quality went down hill real fast. I'm sure this is the old owner who still owns the name, or something like that, rebranding OBX or another Cheap make.
Or not, because there are like a million godspeed shops now.....

Passenger
06-21-2010, 09:15 PM
the hell?

miah
06-21-2010, 09:47 PM
dont do it man u will regret it!! with the xxr 0offset you need the best possible camber kit u can buy dont go cheap on this beleive me man i know :)
besides whats your tire spec and ride height? you might just need a fender roller

ryan02
06-24-2010, 11:28 AM
The godspeed kit is still made from 10.9 grade steel so they're plenty strong enough, I checked it out before i got em. Time will tell if they rust out or not. Try to only run one camber bolt to avoid slipping

gamma6
06-24-2010, 03:28 PM
im dropped two inches with H&R springs, i got the 002's and never installed the camber kit, i did have to ghetto roll my fenders (w/ a bat lol) on in the rear. Its not too bad so i decided i made a bad mistake buying them before i ever needed them. I do plan to lower my car, even lower, so maybe in the future ill use them... but with this replys i dont think i will, ill just buy some better ones... :(

miah
06-24-2010, 08:26 PM
The godspeed kit is still made from 10.9 grade steel so they're plenty strong enough, I checked it out before i got em. Time will tell if they rust out or not. Try to only run one camber bolt to avoid slipping

its not just the metal its the bushings too coz if its a cheap rubber bushing ull feel a vibration once it loosens up

miah
06-24-2010, 08:28 PM
im dropped two inches with H&R springs, i got the 002's and never installed the camber kit, i did have to ghetto roll my fenders (w/ a bat lol) on in the rear. Its not too bad so i decided i made a bad mistake buying them before i ever needed them. I do plan to lower my car, even lower, so maybe in the future ill use them... but with this replys i dont think i will, ill just buy some better ones... :(

atleast get some ingalls or spc bro not too expensive but good and definetly lower ur car a lil bit more if u wanna look good with a 16x8 0offset

btw this is just my own opinions :)

ryan02
06-26-2010, 08:09 AM
True, but at least they wont break completely. I needed a quick temporary fix, when I upgrade suspension I'll probably change them out.

EpThreeD
06-26-2010, 10:45 AM
True, but at least they wont break completely. I needed a quick temporary fix, when I upgrade suspension I'll probably change them out.

why not do it right the first time instead of buying parts to replace cheap parts? That saves more money over time.

gamma6
07-02-2010, 06:03 PM
why not do it right the first time instead of buying parts to replace cheap parts? That saves more money over time.

yeah im too chicken to try it... i dont know why i bought them, i regret it now... But im done with temp fixes, did that all the time with my other cars and never went back to fix it, this is my ep3 im talking about, my baby, if im gonna do things im gonna do them right... the first time

gamma6
07-02-2010, 06:07 PM
atleast get some ingalls or spc bro not too expensive but good and definetly lower ur car a lil bit more if u wanna look good with a 16x8 0offset

btw this is just my own opinions :)
your opinions are highly considered. your car inspired the look of mine... your car is badass bro. I was thinking about getting racelands but idk cuz im running low on funds and might need more $ since freaking tuition is goin up as sac state... might just do lil mods here and there... plans r: hid's, exhuast, and maybe headers... plan to do a swap some day. My car can't keep up with my girlfriends RSX-S lmao...

BlownSi05
07-03-2010, 06:38 AM

^^That^^

There are very few and far in between "quick and cheap" fixes on cars. Quick and cheap fixes usually end in more problems that are more expensive then the original problem. I always say this to people time and time again; Do Not cheap out on your suspension components, it will bite you in the ass later.