PDA

View Full Version : Shin-Etsu Grease???

ttttrigg3r
04-27-2010, 02:36 PM
"Shin-Etsu Grease
Genuine Factory Honda shin-etsu grease , for lubricating rubber door seals. Apply sparingly, a little goes a long way."

Found this on Handa. What is this grease? What does it do? Where do I apply it?

RedSiBaron
04-27-2010, 03:17 PM
its for lubricating rubber door seals, and i would imagine it is applied to the rubber door seals...:mangel:

ttttrigg3r
04-27-2010, 04:54 PM
which seal is that?

RedSiBaron
04-27-2010, 05:14 PM
i would think its the weather stripping around the door, keep it from sticking

mage182
04-28-2010, 09:28 AM
I just used this in my yearly window lube job. After I have one of my window cables snap and paid $90 for a new motor I made it yearly maintenance.

I take the door panels off.
Get a damp rag and use it (with the help of a screwdriver) to clean the window channels on both sides.
Then use some Shin-Etsu Grease on a qtip to lube the channels.
I also wipe down the center track that the window motor rides on and lube that up with some new white lithium grease.

It makes the windows move up and down much easier and prevents friction that will kill your window motors.

You can also use it on door seals to prevent cracking.

RedSiBaron
04-28-2010, 09:30 AM
I just used this in my yearly window lube job. After I have one of my window cables snap and paid $90 for a new motor I made it yearly maintenance.

I take the door panels off.
Get a damp rag and use it (with the help of a screwdriver) to clean the window channels on both sides.
Then use some Shin-Etsu Grease on a qtip to lube the channels.
I also wipe down the center track that the window motor rides on and lube that up with some new white lithium grease.

It makes the windows move up and down much easier and prevents friction that will kill your window motors.

You can also use it on door seals to prevent cracking.

thanks for the good info sir!