PDA

View Full Version : Mdbbq 2010

SinisterCivicSi
04-28-2010, 07:56 AM
I felt this needed to be addressed considering the amount of pm's i have been getting as of late.

I know many of you have been awaiting the mdbbq thread and planning but this year we will have to pass on the event.

with having a baby, having to move soon and other aspects of our upcoming summer, its just not possible to dedicate the time needed to plan an event like this.

Golan and i are trying to think of something to make up for it, maybe at the end of the summer (close to it) but there are just too many loose ends right now and we dont want to half ass plan an event and you guys/gals not have a great time.

i hope you all understand... and we are very sorry if we have disappointed anyone. we will definatly be planning an event for 2011 if there is any interest.

to those that have questions, hit us up. thanks again to all the members supporting our events in the past and encouraging one this year but its just not going to be possible with everything on our plate currently.

<3<3<3

ep3moschini
04-28-2010, 08:10 AM
:mfrown:

usedep3
04-28-2010, 08:10 AM
oh nooozzzzz

life doesnt revolve around this site or an ep. no one can get mad that you have your priorities set.

this will only make our expectations for 2011's bbq a lot bigger.. hope you guys are up to it for next year

Kerby
04-28-2010, 08:18 AM
you might want to add "fixing the site every 3 days due to crashes" to the list.

I was looking foward to attend this year. Next year I guess.

MugenReplica
04-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Mary,

Is there any way another Moderator or Admin can host the BBQ this year?

ep3moschini
04-28-2010, 08:34 AM
mary,

is there any way another moderator or admin can host the bbq this year?

nybbq ftw

Project Yellow
04-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Mary,

I would be interested in helping any way I can also.

RedSiBaron
04-28-2010, 09:17 AM
awwww sadness!!! :mfrown:

i think we need to have mdbbq '10 substitute edition...

joe...you should host it

ep3moschini
04-28-2010, 09:48 AM
awwww sadness!!! :mfrown:

i think we need to have mdbbq '10 substitute edition...

joe...you should host it

lol, I live in a 2 bedroom appartment, no way in hell would jen let me pull that off lol. . . esp since 1 room is full of reptiles and car parts lol

shadowmd
04-28-2010, 09:54 AM
where you guys moving to mary?

ep3moschini
04-28-2010, 09:56 AM

I heard your house

RedSiBaron
04-28-2010, 10:48 AM
lol, I live in a 2 bedroom appartment, no way in hell would jen let me pull that off lol. . . esp since 1 room is full of reptiles and car parts lol

didnt say they have to stay with you...you just need to host it

ep3moschini
04-28-2010, 11:41 AM
didnt say they have to stay with you...you just need to host it

will you go if I do this shenanagans? I should do it in the white mtns. and we can all get cabins lol (BALLIN)

EDIT: 2010 BBQ/CAMPOUT> > > EPIC < < <

RedSiBaron
04-28-2010, 12:13 PM
will you go if I do this shenanagans? I should do it in the white mtns. and we can all get cabins lol (BALLIN)

EDIT: 2010 BBQ/CAMPOUT> > > EPIC < < <

of course i would go durr

jimmyjames
04-28-2010, 12:25 PM
I don't think this would be too difficult to organize if we split up and delegate tasks as well as make it a more toned down event. I'm planning some time to drive to DC to just hang out anyway. I'm going to brainstorm for some ideas. Mary, let us know city-wise where you'll be and we can try to plan for something close-by so you may be able to make it.

SinisterCivicSi
04-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Mary,

oh absolutely! i am not going to tell anyone they cant host a meet. members have their local bbq's all over the states, i just hope whoever wants to take on the task is close enough that we can possibly attend if we are available that weekend!! :msmile:

we dont know yet, we havent found a place, thats a big part of the problem. we dont want to plan an all weekend event and potentially not have a place for people to crash and have the before and after party at! lol

for all we know, we might be bunkin with the parents for a while until we find something... time isnt on our side and about 98% of the places we want dont allow dogs... and we (as you know) have 3. :mfrown:

I don't think this would be too difficult to organize if we split up and delegate tasks as well as make it a more toned down event. I'm planning some time to drive to DC to just hang out anyway. I'm going to brainstorm for some ideas. Mary, let us know city-wise where you'll be and we can try to plan for something close-by so you may be able to make it.

golan and i can try and help any way we can - or at least give suggestions or whatever. like i said, we definatly want to plan something, like a drive or a get together once we are settled because we cant go a year without seeing our extended family. we are up to traveling to a point... anything over like 5 hours is too far with dylan.

ep3moschini
04-28-2010, 01:24 PM
we can all just camp out under the overpass. . . homless people do it drunk all the time lol

SinisterCivicSi
04-28-2010, 01:26 PM
then they better make some room.... cause we get rowdy!

MugenReplica
04-28-2010, 02:18 PM
oh absolutely! i am not going to tell anyone they cant host a meet. members have their local bbq's all over the states, i just hope whoever wants to take on the task is close enough that we can possibly attend if we are available that weekend!! :msmile:

Let me see what I can do as I have a full house, wrap around driveway and lawn (enough for at least 20 cars), HUGE area for camping, bonfire pit, only about an hours drive from the drag strip, Watkins Glen, and AutoX. If I can put my finances in order and another moderator or two can help me with preperations, I MAY be up for hosting it for you guys this year.

ep3moschini
04-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Let me see what I can do as I have a full house, wrap around driveway and lawn (enough for at least 20 cars), HUGE area for camping, bonfire pit, only about an hours drive from the drag strip, Watkins Glen, and AutoX. If I can put my finances in order and another moderator or two can help me with preperations, I MAY be up for hosting it for you guys this year.

If your willing to provide the place, I will do as much leg work for you as possible. . . and I still have that c-pillar bar for you lol

RedSiBaron
04-28-2010, 04:17 PM
this could be really fun...plus it would be closer to people who normally would puss out driving to the mdbbq...maybe we can get people hooked for next year when mary and golan have it...

jeenyusss
04-28-2010, 04:23 PM
yeah im down to help out john lmk

ep3moschini
04-28-2010, 04:23 PM

screw you I axed him first

Civic5lug
04-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Sorry to hear Mary, let us know if we can help out at all. If we had a bigger place I'd def be down to host a nj fist pump BBQ lmao!

ep3moschini
04-29-2010, 07:19 AM
Sorry to hear Mary, let us know if we can help out at all. If we had a bigger place I'd def be down to host a nj fist pump BBQ lmao!

:msmile:

MugenReplica
04-29-2010, 08:30 AM
If your willing to provide the place, I will do as much leg work for you as possible. . . and I still have that c-pillar bar for you lol

I'll quote you on that. Let me do some legwork and see if I can organize something with Watkins Glen and possibly the local drag strip on two seperate days.

I'll definitely borrow you to help out also, Kev.

Ironically while typing this look what showed up......

Hondatuner87
04-29-2010, 08:49 AM
That's actually the good news for me. My car will be turbo'd by 2011! w00t

Ba82Ep3
04-29-2010, 09:07 AM
I still havent been to a BBQ. :mcry: A compressed summer school schedule wont help much either... but i so wanna attend some kinda bad. It would be nice if there was another meet planned so Mary and Golan can attend w/o having to do all the legwork. I can only imagine its a tough task.

ep3moschini
04-29-2010, 09:40 AM
I'll quote you on that.

I quoted you quoting me, just for future refferance

Project Yellow
04-29-2010, 11:00 AM
NY is a hella-hike for me, but you can't please everyone. Good luck guys!

RedSiBaron
04-29-2010, 11:33 AM

come on just hop on 95 and drive until you hit Massachusetts, turn left at i-90...easy

ep3moschini
04-29-2010, 12:53 PM

you had your meet. . . stop being spoiled

Hondatuner87
04-29-2010, 01:35 PM

dude, look at where the fuck im at lol?

vicx52o
04-29-2010, 01:56 PM
^^ I was just gonna say lol..

SkareKrow
04-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Wish i could attend but you guys are so far out there!, I'm all the way out here in SoCali!

ep3moschini
04-30-2010, 02:52 AM
will the sleepy kid be there this year? lol :tehehyper:

shadowmd
04-30-2010, 04:27 AM
Bruce,
that would be epic! lol

nj fist bump bbq haha

Project Yellow
04-30-2010, 06:26 AM
come on just hop on 95 and drive until you hit Massachusetts, turn left at i-90...easy

you had your meet. . . stop being spoiled

dude, look at where the fuck im at lol?

Whhhattteva. If I could find a group to caravan with from the south, I'd go. But thats like 18-20 hours for me driving alone. Spice girls didn't make enough songs for me to sing to that long.

jimmyjames
04-30-2010, 06:30 AM
John, If you're serious about hosting, that is awesome. I think it's a great location and finger lake wineries would be da boss. I had a campout type thing in mind near Mary's house so they have little to drive but you do have a nice location. I'll call you this weekend and we can discuss some ideas on logistics. I'm in to help.

BlownSi05
04-30-2010, 06:45 AM
I felt this needed to be addressed considering the amount of pm's i have been getting as of late.

I know many of you have been awaiting the mdbbq thread and planning but this year we will have to pass on the event.

with having a baby, having to move soon and other aspects of our upcoming summer, its just not possible to dedicate the time needed to plan an event like this.

Golan and i are trying to think of something to make up for it, maybe at the end of the summer (close to it) but there are just too many loose ends right now and we dont want to half ass plan an event and you guys/gals not have a great time.

i hope you all understand... and we are very sorry if we have disappointed anyone. we will definatly be planning an event for 2011 if there is any interest.

to those that have questions, hit us up. thanks again to all the members supporting our events in the past and encouraging one this year but its just not going to be possible with everything on our plate currently.

<3<3<3

I have much respect for the fact that you both have your priorities in order. I don't think anyone can be upset about that. So many parents out there don't think this way. We will survive...lol.

MugenReplica
04-30-2010, 07:24 AM
John, If you're serious about hosting, that is awesome. I think it's a great location and finger lake wineries would be da boss. I had a campout type thing in mind near Mary's house so they have little to drive but you do have a nice location. I'll call you this weekend and we can discuss some ideas on logistics. I'm in to help.

I am SERIOUS. Just so everybody knows. It wouldn't be until August because I need to get some stuff done around the house for guests. I haven't made another post in this thread yet because I'm waiting on the jerks from Watkins Glen to get back to me on their available pace lap days. Once I find that out, I'll contact the drag strip for their available TEST & TUNE days and we should be golden.

BlownSi05
04-30-2010, 07:40 AM
I am SERIOUS. Just so everybody knows. It wouldn't be until August because I need to get some stuff done around the house for guests. I haven't made another post in this thread yet because I'm waiting on the jerks from Watkins Glen to get back to me on their available pace lap days. Once I find that out, I'll contact the drag strip for their available TEST & TUNE days and we should be golden.

Damn that would be a blast from the past for me. I haven't been to that area of NY since I was 8 or 9. Used to live in Canadaigua for a short time. If you host this I think I can guarantee I will make a trip.

Project Yellow
04-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Damn that would be a blast from the past for me. I haven't been to that area of NY since I was 8 or 9. Used to live in Canadaigua for a short time. If you host this I think I can guarantee I will make a trip.

Ron... If you go, I'll go as long as you don't mind the junky EP following lol, You're what...4 hours north of me?

MugenReplica
04-30-2010, 08:04 AM

You lived in Canandaiuga? I go there at least 3 days a week. It's only a 20min drive for me.

BlownSi05
04-30-2010, 08:31 AM
Ron... If you go, I'll go as long as you don't mind the junky EP following lol, You're what...4 hours north of me?

No Savannah is only about 2.5 hours north of J'ville. I will more than likely be driving the Shelby though. I am too afraid of driving the EP that far...lol. Would definitely not mind some convoy action on the drive!

You lived in Canandaiuga? I go there at least 3 days a week. It's only a 20min drive for me.

Yeah I still have some family there and in Rochester. Have an aunt and uncle in Ingleside too. Would give me a good opportunity to see them.

02_epdriver
05-01-2010, 03:31 AM
Shit I've been wanting to go to one of these bbq's for years and keep running into crap that stops me. I proabably could have the last year or so but put the ep plans off to start building my 09 harley Davidson Xl1200 Nightster crotch rocket killer build up. There is all the time and money for that

stealth
05-02-2010, 02:38 PM
John, if you host I will make it. I can visit my friend out there too and get some of your delicious ice wine ;) If you don't mind a toyota being there of course :)

Tnhatch03
05-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Wish i could attend but you guys are so far out there!, I'm all the way out here in SoCali!

what cha talkin bout? i drove to socal for a meet... ;-)

well, i was visiting family and it worked out that there was a meet that weekend while i was there. haha

Whhhattteva. If I could find a group to caravan with from the south, I'd go. But thats like 18-20 hours for me driving alone. Spice girls didn't make enough songs for me to sing to that long.

hahaha...spice girls were not even good enough for me to listen to for a second. that would be torture!!

John, let me know if I can help in any way whatsoever!! I know being in TN would make it kind of hard to do much of anything, but let me know!

ep3moschini
05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Bump!

Black 02 SI
05-03-2010, 09:48 PM
most of my family lives in the finger lakes, and a few of them have winerys. here's my uncles place....

http://prejeanwinery.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=3&chapter=1

sidriverep3
05-04-2010, 07:59 AM
if anyone doesnt know me, i used to go to all of the meets on the east coast from 03-06/07. i have the jdm taff ep3 with the k24a1 turbo. I was the first to go turbo k24a1, and was a prototyper for cybernation's guardian. i left the scene in 07 for the military and now im back. ;) doing another swap on the ep but id love to do a bbq again. dave and busters again, and then go to the track for a bit, and then go to my place. I can park around 20-30 cars and can turn the garage into a crash pad....lol.

i miss going to these things, and would like to get back into it. so.....RICHMOND MEET FTW! seriously, its like in the middle of the east coast. and i can help with crash pads.

adam

sidriverep3
05-04-2010, 08:00 AM
at least we should do a richmond mini meet/caravan to the bbq.

MugenReplica
05-04-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm getting Angry with Watkins Glen. The basterds have yet to return any 1 of my 5 emails.......

ep3moschini
05-04-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm getting Angry with Watkins Glen. The basterds have yet to return any 1 of my 5 emails.......

have you talked to Englishtown? they have a road track now and the drag strip

MugenReplica
05-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Finally got somebody on the phone there who knows what they are talking about.

I'm looking at the dates of August 14th and 15th OR August 21st & August 22nd as the 2010 BBQ date. I'll start a thread after discussing this with the other Mods.

ep3moschini
05-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Finally got somebody on the phone there who knows what they are talking about.

I'm looking at the dates of August 14th and 15th OR August 21st & August 22nd as the 2010 BBQ date. I'll start a thread after discussing this with the other Mods.

(fist pump)

SinisterCivicSi
05-05-2010, 08:46 AM
will the sleepy kid be there this year? lol :tehehyper:

uh.... i dont think so, i dont think he has signed on since the last bbq. what a joke.

I have much respect for the fact that you both have your priorities in order. I don't think anyone can be upset about that. So many parents out there don't think this way. We will survive...lol.

thank you - that means alot. we just want to make sure any event we host is getting 110% of our effort and attention... and we both know for a FACT - right now thats just not going to happen. people travel too far and spend too much to have a half assed event.... we dont roll like that! lol

we definatly want to GO to some meets this year, i am ITCHING to see some car people again. any meets coming up that we dont know about yet? lol

John, if you host I will make it. I can visit my friend out there too and get some of your delicious ice wine ;) If you don't mind a toyota being there of course :)

mmmm ice wine.... i have 2 bottles i have been hoarding because i want to savor them when they get cracked open. 1 is already reserved for an event later in the year.... not sure when to pop the other one. lol

this wine is superb with cheesecake btw.

if anyone doesnt know me, i used to go to all of the meets on the east coast from 03-06/07. i have the jdm taff ep3 with the k24a1 turbo. I was the first to go turbo k24a1, and was a prototyper for cybernation's guardian. i left the scene in 07 for the military and now im back. ;) doing another swap on the ep but id love to do a bbq again. dave and busters again, and then go to the track for a bit, and then go to my place. I can park around 20-30 cars and can turn the garage into a crash pad....lol.

i miss going to these things, and would like to get back into it. so.....RICHMOND MEET FTW! seriously, its like in the middle of the east coast. and i can help with crash pads.
adam

whats up adam! welcome back btw. glad to see your still reppin the ep!

SHHEP3@UB
05-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Woo! If this will be at Watkins Glen, that would be fantastic.

vicx52o
05-05-2010, 09:46 AM
^^ Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn your ep got OWNED by snow during the winter this year huh?

Project Yellow
05-05-2010, 10:00 AM
uh.... i dont think so, i dont think he has signed on since the last bbq. what a joke.

omajeebus... please tell me who this is because I think i know.

& Adam... a Richmond organization would be awesome. Once the dates are established I will help organize with some of the southern members to get a caravan and then we could stop there since its off of I-95 and I know my way around there.

MugenReplica
05-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Plans are in motion.

A thread will be started after this weekend. Mary and Golan along with some others are going to help relocate the BBQ here (in NY) in August. Please stay advised for the thread and details.

For anybody interested in what it looks like around here......a pic from down the road near me.
http://www.keukalakeassoc.org/images/home_page/fall_08_keuka1.jpg

Project Yellow
05-05-2010, 11:23 AM
purdy. Let the planning begin!

ep3moschini
05-05-2010, 11:32 AM
were all going to gang rape charlie. . . aka manson. . . aka jesus. . . aka redsibaron

Project Yellow
05-05-2010, 12:08 PM
were all going to gang rape charlie. . . aka manson. . . aka jesus. . . aka redsibaron

bringing the camera

BlownSi05
05-06-2010, 04:31 AM
Plans are in motion.

A thread will be started after this weekend. Mary and Golan along with some others are going to help relocate the BBQ here (in NY) in August. Please stay advised for the thread and details.

For anybody interested in what it looks like around here......a pic from down the road near me.
http://www.keukalakeassoc.org/images/home_page/fall_08_keuka1.jpg

That looks a lot like Canadaigua Lake. Or a narrow area of Seneca or Cayuga Lake...lol. Such gorgeous countryside up there. I would be living there if it weren't for having snow on the ground as deep as I am tall in the winter....lol

RedSiBaron
05-06-2010, 06:22 AM

hey now...

Project Yellow
05-06-2010, 07:04 AM
hey now...Can't rape the willing

hmmm

RedSiBaron
05-06-2010, 08:06 AM
hmmm

i see what you did there

2004ep3hatch
05-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Well this is new? BBQ upstate NY? Where have I been. I always wanted to plan something here but don't own my own house lol. Well John if you want anything from me just ask. I'll do my best as you know. Ill help you host it if you need.

Project Yellow
05-07-2010, 06:13 AM
Well this is new? BBQ upstate NY? Where have I been. I always wanted to plan something here but don't own my own house lol. Well John if you want anything from me just ask. I'll do my best as you know. Ill help you host it if you need.

FINALLLLLLLLYYY you post. Sheesh.
I will help organize a southeast driving route if anyones interested also. Maybe pitstop overnight or just go straight through, its about an 18 hour drive says google maps.

I have raffle tickets, a skunk2 banner, and an "admitted" hand stamp if you need those too.

SinisterCivicSi
05-07-2010, 06:54 AM

:rofl:

oh boy let the games begin!

bringing the camera and the "props"

:mblush:

I will help organize a southeast driving route if anyones interested also. Maybe pitstop overnight or just go straight through, its about an 18 hour drive says google maps.

I have raffle tickets, a skunk2 banner, and an "admitted" hand stamp if you need those too.

yeah i have an entire box of different color tickets, and wristbands, cash boxes, etc. but john i dont know if you want to do a raffle, its alot of extra work and planning, but its up to you on how much you want to do.

civic si hb
05-07-2010, 07:42 AM
This will be a nice spot...... The scenery looks beautiful :)

2k3hatchie
05-07-2010, 09:36 AM
How's the mountain biking around there? I'd need to incorporate a little more than Cars and BBq to convince the gf heh. I'd friggen love to go though!

Project Yellow
05-07-2010, 09:39 AM
yeah i have an entire box of different color tickets, and wristbands, cash boxes, etc. but john i dont know if you want to do a raffle, its alot of extra work and planning, but its up to you on how much you want to do.

mmhm hmm "props", i see that I need to invest in alot of double A batteries.

I'll help anyway I can, I already have alot of contacts for raffles too.

2004ep3hatch
05-13-2010, 07:02 PM

Yea I know it took me long enoug LOL, Well Ill have my camera as well. Since I'm not sure if chris will come up. I'll have to ask him. I'll have to be photo man for a day LOL. I can HD vid with it too ;). Anyways I hope this dose happen becuse it will be nice for a change to go and help out this time.

MugenReplica
05-17-2010, 09:53 AM
It's on.......2010 MD Ephatch BBQ in NY!! (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?55714-MD-2010-Ephatch-BBQ........in-UPSTATE-NY!!-August-21-22nd.&p=755172#post755172)

jeenyusss
05-17-2010, 03:59 PM
It's on.......2010 MD Ephatch BBQ in NY!! (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?55714-MD-2010-Ephatch-BBQ........in-UPSTATE-NY!!-August-21-22nd.&p=755172#post755172)

:ohsnap::bravo::10::wow::banplease::leghump::wes:: peace::yield::peep::popcorn::whoo::wacko::cheer2:: phil:

66elwood99
05-18-2010, 04:15 PM

For realzies????????? Don't tease us.............

RedSiBaron
05-18-2010, 05:59 PM
:ohsnap::bravo::10::wow::banplease::leghump::wes:: peace::yield::peep::popcorn::whoo::wacko::cheer2:: phil:

For realzies????????? Don't tease us.............

for super cereal realzies

...this shit is going down...

Kerby
05-19-2010, 08:46 AM
oh.... count me in on this one!