PDA

View Full Version : My S/C Setup 2.0

DirtyEP3
04-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Since so many questions are in another thread i am making my own. Ask any question you like. i will answer, or direct you to who can. some of your are doubting the 12.5 Psi i was making. I have video, the dyno read 12.5, K-pro read 12.4. no Data logs of this tho, as tuning was taking place. maybe the man tuning my car who is on this board will chime. Here is the setup. I quoted myself from another board.

Some of you may have read my post about the build i did on my motor, for the EP3. if not i'll go over it again. the motor consist of:

K20a2 block
Mahle10.5-1 piston's
Blueprint H-beam Rods
stock crank
K24a2 head
Blueprint Dual valve springs
Blueprint Ti retainers
Stock valves
BC Stage 2 FI cams
Polished intake Runners
S/C was sent out for a recon, and rotor housing coating + rotor coat, by the High Speed Lab.
Act ultralight flywheel
Comp Clutch stage 4
i still have a 4in pulley on the charger due to the fact i want to see the boost numbers that the S/C work provides(was told to expect 2-3 psi more than before with the 4 in pulley)
K-pro
And Suja1 In Carol Stream Will be doing the tune.
I am hoping for 300+ numbers with what i have, and plan on going up to a 3.7 pulley, a test pipe, and Water Meth. i even thought about a custom 3.6 pulley but idk.
I have found myself super excited about this, and thought i would share the whole experience with ya'll. I built this from the ground up and will still be modding it as go , so feel free to ask question's, or post opinion's i want to hear them.
:vtec:

Note that i had a shorty header with cat during those runs, Injen Rsx Cold air, and DC Sports exhaust. I have changed the shorty to Comptech Race Header, and the 550cc RC injectors to 650cc Precision Injectors. I have yet to go back to the dyno after adding these to the car. I was making 12.5 psi at a low rpm, leaving me to think that i might make more. the car has never been all the way to red line, due to it breaking up around 6200 rpms.:meek: P.S. i have a k20A3 CP. and a 3.7 blower pulley.

4angrybadgers
04-29-2010, 05:52 AM
So you had an a3 CP, and the 4" pulley, and you hit 12.5 psi? I still can't figure that one out. I don't doubt you at all - it just sounds so crazy. The only part I can see causing that is the catalytic converter restricting your exhaust flow a lot, but I can't recall seeing numbers from anyone else with a JRSC + cat, so I dunno. :shrug:

Again, not that I doubt your statements at all, it's just a head-scratcher. :mbiggrin: Thanks for posting this.

DirtyEP3
04-29-2010, 06:54 AM
So you had an a3 CP, and the 4" pulley, and you hit 12.5 psi? I still can't figure that one out. I don't doubt you at all - it just sounds so crazy. The only part I can see causing that is the catalytic converter restricting your exhaust flow a lot, but I can't recall seeing numbers from anyone else with a JRSC + cat, so I dunno. :shrug:

Again, not that I doubt your statements at all, it's just a head-scratcher. :mbiggrin: Thanks for posting this.

Let me correct that. the 12.5 came with a 3.7 pulley And A3 CP, and your right the cat and shorty headr might have caused that. now i have a race header on, and i have yet to go back to the dyno. What i was also thinking is that the cam's might help with the higher boost pressure as they are letting less boost out the cylinder due to less Valve overlap.

AUTiger
04-29-2010, 08:29 AM
generally cams will decrease boost pressure not increase it. It has to be the restrictive header and cat. I wouldn't be surprised if when you go back you are in the 10psi range with the new raceheader

speedking604
04-29-2010, 04:44 PM
i wanna see the whp on that 12.5 psi.

4angrybadgers
04-30-2010, 05:24 AM
Let me correct that. the 12.5 came with a 3.7 pulley And A3 CP, and your right the cat and shorty headr might have caused that. now i have a race header on, and i have yet to go back to the dyno. What i was also thinking is that the cam's might help with the higher boost pressure as they are letting less boost out the cylinder due to less Valve overlap.

That makes more sense. I can definitely see the 3.7" + shorty/cat pushing you up past 10psi. Especially if the ambient temps were low during those runs.

What does Kpro show your boost at with the RH now?

DirtyEP3
04-30-2010, 08:33 AM
That makes more sense. I can definitely see the 3.7" + shorty/cat pushing you up past 10psi. Especially if the ambient temps were low during those runs.

What does Kpro show your boost at with the RH now?

Right now i dont have any good reading's i should data log it. i would do it tonight but i am waiting on my new wheels to show up. Plus the tune is not complete so i have been taking it easy.

Me too!!! in a couple of weeks well see if it gets that high again with the new mods. If i didn't have to buy Wheels i would of been done already.

Gilmour
04-30-2010, 09:02 AM

High PSI does not mean more power. More power will be made when the system can flow correctly and the PSI will drop down.

TS nice job on the coatings!!! In for Results.

DirtyEP3
04-30-2010, 11:37 AM
High PSI does not mean more power. More power will be made when the system can flow correctly and the PSI will drop down.

Yup i wasnt expect that high of a boost psi. but after the Coating i was expecting more than the norm. the clearances are super tight in the charger.

Gilmour
04-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Yeah it would have been nice if you were able to do a before and after with only the coating being the changing variable.

DirtyEP3
04-30-2010, 12:56 PM
I wish, but while having everything apart i just did everything i could.

speedking604
04-30-2010, 10:38 PM

i never said high psi means more power!!! i'm not newbie when it comes to modding.

Hondatuner87
05-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Since so many questions are in another thread i am making my own. Ask any question you like. i will answer, or direct you to who can. some of your are doubting the 12.5 Psi i was making. I have video, the dyno read 12.5, K-pro read 12.4. no Data logs of this tho, as tuning was taking place. maybe the man tuning my car who is on this board will chime. Here is the setup. I quoted myself from another board.

Note that i had a shorty header with cat during those runs, Injen Rsx Cold air, and DC Sports exhaust. I have changed the shorty to Comptech Race Header, and the 550cc RC injectors to 650cc Precision Injectors. I have yet to go back to the dyno after adding these to the car. I was making 12.5 psi at a low rpm, leaving me to think that i might make more. the car has never been all the way to red line, due to it breaking up around 6200 rpms.:meek: P.S. i have a k20A3 CP. and a 3.7 blower pulley.

Whats going on brother? I used to live in Schaumburg (for 18years of my life until i moved to this shitty state of texas) my friend brandon dumelle works up at suja1. When your up there, tell him i said Hi ahha ;)

edit: nice build by the way =)

Gilmour
05-07-2010, 10:48 AM

i never said high psi means more power!!! i'm not newbie when it comes to modding.

I never said that you were???

DirtyEP3
05-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Whats going on brother? I used to live in Schaumburg (for 18years of my life until i moved to this shitty state of texas) my friend brandon dumelle works up at suja1. When your up there, tell him i said Hi ahha ;)

edit: nice build by the way =)

Thanks and whats your name i will tell brandon you said whats up.

DirtyEP3
05-11-2010, 08:28 AM
SUNDY , SUNDAY,SUNDAY! the final numbers hopefully will be in, as long as everything goes right.

DirtyEP3
05-16-2010, 08:40 PM
well i have sad new's. Brian Crower Sucks! first i had problems with brand new cams having surfacing issues, and was told i would have to pay to send them back and pay for BC to polish them, And was blamed for pouring water on my cam's(C'mon). Then prior to that i was told by one of there reps that the FI cams are great for S/C. WRONG! Today they only made 237 Whp. Where as a motor very close to my same build on stock cams made 312 whp with the same amount of boost. I highly do not recommend BC at all. Bad service! Well we did make 13.5 psi but it drops with the cam angle increasing. So now i'ming thinking of going back to stock cams, or IPS Ksc's, or Rotrex. I 'll add video later, i still have to edit it. but here are some pic's

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/dirtydoc/P2110001.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/dirtydoc/P2110002.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/dirtydoc/P2110004.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/dirtydoc/P2110006.jpg
13.5 psi http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/dirtydoc/P2110007.jpg
And this showed up
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/dirtydoc/P2110009.jpg