PDA

View Full Version : Couple of noob questions

shortstop
04-29-2010, 05:21 PM
First, If i got rc 440 injectors for my jrsc, do i need these obd2 clips http://www.phearable.net/shoppingcart/injector-obd2-conversion-clip-clips-p-89.html

Second, I have stage 1 turbo cams, do I install them or sell them since im going supercharged?

Third, do i use this belt to run the 3.8 pulley Goodyear Gatorback Belt (Part #4070622)

LAST, I have 45k on my stock clutch, should I use it til it goes or replace it with my rsx s flywheel/cc stage 2 clutch I have waiting?

JRSC is on its way as well as injectors, can't wait!:mbiggrin:

DirtyEP3
04-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Your are going to need obd1 injector clips.

2nd you can leave them you might have better results with boost cams.

3rd if you use that belt you better get a 2.5" tensioner pulley, thats what am using with a 3.7 pulley(same belt) no slipping

4th unless you feel like pulling the trans, you can run that clutch for a little while. but you would be wise to replace it soon.

GL and have fun with the blower.

shortstop
04-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Your are going to need obd1 injector clips.

2nd you can leave them you might have better results with boost cams.

3rd if you use that belt you better get a 2.5" tensioner pulley, thats what am using with a 3.7 pulley(same belt) no slipping

4th unless you feel like pulling the trans, you can run that clutch for a little while. but you would be wise to replace it soon.

GL and have fun with the blower.

Curious, why would I need obd1 clips? Also my cams are stock, I just picked up turbo thinking I was gonna turbo but the guy never got back to me so I got JRSC. Will definitley run the tensioner for that belt and I didn't feel like pulling the tranny right away so thats good for the stock clutch.

Thanks man

vbpracer
04-29-2010, 11:24 PM
You need clips for the 440's, and stock clutch is fine. I have ran the stock clutch for 40K miles being supercharged, with the k20a3 and the k24a2, holds up just fine.

04EP3Hatch
04-30-2010, 04:02 AM
First, If i got rc 440 injectors for my jrsc, do i need these obd2 clips http://www.phearable.net/shoppingcart/injector-obd2-conversion-clip-clips-p-89.html

yea you will need OBD1's, just clip them off an old harness from a junk car

Second, I have stage 1 turbo cams, do I install them or sell them since im going supercharged?

research this a little. because people are telling me the overlap on a turbo cam isnt right for a supercharger and that it would be better to us N/A stage 1's, or you can be the test mule and see what happens!!

Third, do i use this belt to run the 3.8 pulley Goodyear Gatorback Belt (Part #4070622)

you can but most people have had slippage problems with it, i have a gates micro-v at K080615, yup, an 8 rib, trim off the one rib, and your gold, not even a lot of tension on the belt, and no slippage, so its easier on the snout of the blower

LAST, I have 45k on my stock clutch, should I use it til it goes or replace it with my rsx s flywheel/cc stage 2 clutch I have waiting?

bro, i clicked 98K last night racing a H2B EG hatch (check on the road section for vids) and my stock clutch is holding perfect, handles the rediculous wheelspin through 1st and 2nd on my 225 BFG Gforce T/A like a champ!

JRSC is on its way as well as injectors, can't wait!:mbiggrin:

All in all, you wont regret it. It's fun, reliable, and cheap!

shortstop
04-30-2010, 04:31 PM
then supercharge away!!!

Thanks guys!

shortstop
04-30-2010, 04:43 PM
also no rsx s tensioner pulley on that belt 04EP3Hatch ?

shortstop
04-30-2010, 06:25 PM
not really wanting to cut wires,looking for conversion clips

04EP3Hatch
04-30-2010, 06:52 PM
not really wanting to cut wires,looking for conversion clips

well yea i have the 2.5" idler on the tensioner, sorry forgot to mention that. But conversion clips are nice, but i was super pressed for time, and hella antsy, so i got out the clippers lol

shortstop
04-30-2010, 07:24 PM
gotcha, i just picked up an ebay set of conversion clips. About to order the belt (probably should get 2) and the pulley and I should be set.

shortstop
05-07-2010, 02:58 PM
got everything except the belt. 04ep3hatch are you runnin the 3.7 pulle with your belt number you gave me? Thats what I got, thought it was a 3.8