PDA

View Full Version : pretty disgusted

grooveline
07-15-2002, 02:15 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I am just disgusted that there ain't jack for our cars. Rims, and a radio don't count. These companies need to get it together. The pics in the gallery showing the "Show" Si are cool, but we can't even get a quarter of the crap.

Spoon? Over priced with some chinese written on it.
Mugen? Same thing.

Sorry, just a little irked today.

fishboy
07-15-2002, 02:23 PM
uh, i think it's japanese.

Jesse02SI
07-15-2002, 02:26 PM
Yes Spoon is very expensive but they are the shiznit.. Japanese products for japanese cars.... Is my humble 2c I am putting mods on my car that are affordablw but will eventually upgrade to all spoon and mugen just my PP though

grooveline
07-15-2002, 02:31 PM
So, then by your statement, you have found parts? Where? Everysite that I go to, doesn't even have a listing for our Si. Help me out bro's. Thank you in advance.

And yes, I realize that Spoon is Japanese. I told you I was pissed.

SmoothOperator
07-15-2002, 02:38 PM
Perhaps we should have a section in this site that lists what parts are available for the EP. 7thgencivic does it. I think that'd be a good idea. Especially while things are just getting started...

grooveline
07-15-2002, 02:40 PM
OOH! Like the great Smoky Robinson said... I second that e- motion.

Definately a sound idea.

iR-VTEC2
07-15-2002, 02:40 PM
The reason that there's hardly any parts for our cars yet is because it is all new AND in limited quantity. Our Civic is not like ther previous Si which is the same body as all the other coupes.

I seriously doubt that there will be a huge aftermarket for our cars but rest assurred knowing that there WILL be a very nice one.

It took the RSX quite some time to develope their aftermarket support and it is still growing.

There's also going to be aftermarket support from the UK (since EP's are made there including the CTR) which is a good thing.

Just watch...

fishboy
07-15-2002, 02:45 PM
yeah, i actually know what you mean. no options right now!!! but it's cool give it a few months. why don't you go with mods like rims or hids in the meantime. that's what i'm doing. i will get rims and hopefully dc will come out with there exhaust in a month then i will finally have exhaust. awoohoo.

SBC31
07-15-2002, 02:45 PM
Patience, patience, patience. :cool:

I got my car in early May, and it's amazing how many parts have come out since. Lot's of places have them or can get them. In no time there will be tons of stuff, just need to be patient.

Here's a place to start:
Click Here (http://www.contemporarymotorsport.com/home.asp)

grooveline
07-15-2002, 02:58 PM
thank you SBC31

grooveline
07-15-2002, 03:01 PM
Though i couldn't crap there.

I think i'm just gonna Zen out, and let the performance parts flow.

HondaMan
07-15-2002, 03:44 PM
SmoothOperator has a great idea!

IceD out N CALI
07-15-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
Perhaps we should have a section in this site that lists what parts are available for the EP. 7thgencivic does it. I think that'd be a good idea. Especially while things are just getting started...

Yup I totally agree, that would help us all out

Gibhunter
07-15-2002, 04:31 PM
Get parts for base RSX. They should fit. Intakes for RSX Type-S as the Si has the same intake manifold. I'm not sure about the AEM cai though.

Ps. You're asking for too much. The Si came out a year after the RSX and already you have I/H/E (cause they are finally available for us). Celicas after what, theree years of production? They have only one company making headers for them. We already have two (HP and Comptech).

SpeedRacer
08-05-2002, 05:51 PM
really we have headers all the ones i saw were for the RSX not the Si i dont care if the RSX header fits are car i want it to be specificly made for the Si

greenguy
08-05-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
really we have headers all the ones i saw were for the RSX not the Si i dont care if the RSX header fits are car i want it to be specificly made for the Si

I agree. Although my patience I believe will be rewarded as the economy pics up, more items will be available and I will be in a better position to liquidate the thou$ands of dollars that it's going to cost to make my ride what I want. Hell I'm still breaking it in. So enjoy your ride and good things will come:D !

eLEMENTgiRL
08-06-2002, 02:39 PM
dc sports has headers for our car now, they're only waiting for the carb exempt #.

i'm planning to get mine as soon as they are in stock.
ANYONE WANT TO DO A GROUP BUY??

eibach also has springs: prokit or sportline . i'm getting sportlines when Element Performance's distributor has them in stock (sometime this month). Group buy anyone?

AEM CAI/Thermal Exhaust/JDM Parts also available too

FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME at lala@elementperformance.com FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

fishboy
08-06-2002, 02:50 PM
i'm down for the header buy. let me know what price it is and i'll see.

HondaMan
08-06-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by fishboy

I 2nd that, if I can afford it. ;)

eLEMENTgiRL
08-06-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by fishboy

sure. but we don't know the price until our distributor gets them in stock so they know how much they are and we can talk to a sales rep to work everything out. bigger the discount with the more sales.
so if u're interested. leave a note so i can get a head count.
we can also get eibach,ground control, aem from this same distributor, so those are also included in the group buy

I WILL KEEP YA'll UPDATED

rocket_civic
08-06-2002, 03:16 PM
I'm game on Header Group Buy.

And by the way... Element girl, got any pics of yourself? http://bling.imperial.org/smile/69.gif

eLEMENTgiRL
08-07-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by rocket_civic
And by the way... Element girl, got any pics of yourself? http://bling.imperial.org/smile/69.gif

tsk tsk. dirty dirty. just close ur eyes and use ur imagination!
;) :p :D :rolleyes:

SpeedRacer
08-07-2002, 10:55 AM
i want headers i am down on the group buy lets do this!!!

CleanBlackSi02
08-07-2002, 01:16 PM
I'm down too. Keep us informed!

CleanBlackSi02
08-07-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by rocket_civic
I'm game on Header Group Buy.

Why do you guys have to be rude and scare away the few girls we have on here? It's like you've never seen a female before. Make them feel welcome...please.

pisshead
08-07-2002, 02:06 PM
I don't know if this is any help to you lot or not, but.... Over here in the UK, for those people who can't afford the Type R, or the insurance of a Type R, they are bringing out the Civic Sport model (which is the exact equivilant to your SI model). What Honda UK are doing though is offering Civic Sport owners the chance to purchase Type R lookalike body kits i.e skirts, bumpers and spoilers.. I've seen piccys of it, and the front bumper and side skirts look the same (apart from saying "Sport" on them), but the rear spoiler does'nt look like the Type R one i'm afraid.. Anyway, reason i mention it is because i'm sure that your US Honda dealers MUST have contacts to import the parts from the UK... If not, then contact Honda UK yourselves... I'm 100% sure that you'll beable to ship the parts over easily!! Maybe costly, but just think how much yours would stand out more than anyone elses;)

Anyway.. Heres a link to a UK auto magazine that has a brief article on it..

Hope that helps!

:)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/front_index.php?cp=1

pisshead
08-07-2002, 02:10 PM
Sh!t sorry... The link does'nt take you directly to the story.. ok heres what you do.. Type in Civic Type R in the top left search box(undernieth Auto Express), then click on the article "Sport For All On New Civic"... Thats the article..

C-ya;)

02SilverSiHB
08-07-2002, 08:44 PM
I hear ya grooveline, I hear ya :(