PDA

View Full Version : GT45 Turbo Fitment..?

ImACoolKid89
05-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Will this Turbo fit my EP3...?
O purchased 100% new for 150 off of Craiglist...

Said it would fit B series...any info..?

http://i42.tinypic.com/fcrqp.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2r62tqv.jpg

mitchep3typer
05-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Will this Turbo fit my EP3...?
O purchased 100% new for 150 off of Craiglist...

Said it would fit B series...any info..?

http://i42.tinypic.com/fcrqp.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2r62tqv.jpg

Send it to me and Ill send you a smaller turbo lol

dkid15
05-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Yeah itll fit a k. Its a huge turbo though. I wouldnt run that unless i was a 2.4 L built with cams lol. That turbo is good for 700hp

ImACoolKid89
05-04-2010, 12:17 PM
lmao...Well I dont plan on throwing it on any time soon but i do wanna build big #'s.

lol Mitch i gotcha. Just pay the shipping..hahaha...

There's no shaft play or anything 100% new..I guess i will be piecing together a kit.
What do you think about a Full-Race Manifold.?

Guardian
05-04-2010, 12:28 PM
eBay turbo. The fr manifold has a t3 flange, that turbo should have a t4 flange. The twninscroll manifold might have or be available with a t4 flange. Good luck keeping everything else cheap with that cheap turbo.

03K20A3Si
05-04-2010, 02:01 PM
eBay turbo. The fr manifold has a t3 flange, that turbo should have a t4 flange. The twninscroll manifold might have or be available with a t4 flange. Good luck keeping everything else cheap with that cheap turbo.

Agreed.

ImACoolKid89
05-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Gotcha. well I am not exactly sure if it's Ebay's Turbo! it came from a kit ordered thru Ebay. all in all the same but it was a specific company...and my buddy sold it to me because it would not fit the manifold he had...it was a top mount. which had the turbo up top and his hood would not close.!

I would'nt cheap anything out i just wanna peice together a kit rather than spend 3g's on a greddy kit thats garbage..

any suggestions than on a turbo kit...?

mitchep3typer
05-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Gotcha. well I am not exactly sure if it's Ebay's Turbo! it came from a kit ordered thru Ebay. all in all the same but it was a specific company...and my buddy sold it to me because it would not fit the manifold he had...it was a top mount. which had the turbo up top and his hood would not close.!

I would'nt cheap anything out i just wanna peice together a kit rather than spend 3g's on a greddy kit thats garbage..

any suggestions than on a turbo kit...?

You can make gobs of power on a kit that you piece together as long as ur not on a A3 engine. I'd say if piecing it the next thing you need to buy is the sidewinder manifold and a full race/ peak boost FMIC.

cukali
05-05-2010, 12:37 PM
You will be lucky to spool that up under 6k rpms

I have hybrid those many times...take a T3 exhaust housing, turbine and shaft and put your compressor wheel and center section on to it. Looks like that compressor should flow around 500hp

Guardian
05-05-2010, 01:02 PM
I'd bet it's journal bearing on that big ass turbo, you will probabaly hit redline before you are at full boost.

dobbs02si
05-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Probably a 1.20ish AR on the hotside lol. Ebay turbo, my bro bought the gt35r version.

gtimportfanatic
05-05-2010, 07:50 PM
how did that work out?

ImACoolKid89
05-06-2010, 01:27 AM
Well yeah it's huge and may have trouble spooling but i plan on building my a3 and this project wont be cheap! it wont happen over night exactly neither. this will be a long planned out project and if the turbo gives me to much trouble than ill just sell it and by something different. but for now it has no shaft play. good for 500+ whp and only cost 150$

gtimportfanatic
05-06-2010, 08:22 AM
i guess the 89 in ur s/n refers to the year y were born.. do us all a favor.. ur young.. you're smart.. before u ever consider building an a3.. consider this.. it has been tried.. its been done.. maybe once i twice that i know of.. dont waste ur time.. guardian makes around 530whp on a stock-ish frank setup with a 60-1 .. dont build an a3.. build a 24 if ur gonna build.. its a direct fit and u see way more in the results and it lasts longer.. u have time.. save up .. do it once.. call it a day.. also u can do all this while u drive around on ur a3 and collect parts for the build.

mitchep3typer
05-06-2010, 08:43 AM
i guess the 89 in ur s/n refers to the year y were born.. do us all a favor.. ur young.. you're smart.. before u ever consider building an a3.. consider this.. it has been tried.. its been done.. maybe once i twice that i know of.. dont waste ur time.. guardian makes around 530whp on a stock-ish frank setup with a 60-1 .. dont build an a3.. build a 24 if ur gonna build.. its a direct fit and u see way more in the results and it lasts longer.. u have time.. save up .. do it once.. call it a day.. also u can do all this while u drive around on ur a3 and collect parts for the build.

I agree, or just buy a a2 long block and say hello to 500whp stock.

ImACoolKid89
05-06-2010, 09:09 PM
I gotcha..which motor does the A2 come from?
Yeah it does i am 20. i try to gain as much info as i possibly can on building my ep3.
I want to set a goal for at least 400whp.
what would I need to do to get there..?

gtimportfanatic
05-07-2010, 06:47 AM
first go thru the turbo conpendium sticky at the top of the turbo section.. see what ppl did with wat kind of setups.. or u can just go directly to the source.. mitch has a part in the member ride section.. i think motorwise he has one of the most worked EP's .. Guardian has a relatively easy setup that made a shit load of power.. the k20a2 comes in the rsx type S.. thats the most popular swap.. but if ur not a whore for power u just want something fast for the streets u can do a k24 from an accord or crv and boost it.. u should be happy and run 12's . high 11's if ur a good driver with the right setup

ImACoolKid89
05-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Ok. I appreciate it.
I will check out other Ep members garage's and figure out whats the right set-up for me.
Like i said i want a max of 400whp. Nothing major I am not a whore for power haha.
Ill check Ebay, local shop's and craiglist for K24 blocks and any other parts i can find to upgrade.
I might even build all motor with ITB's.
But i really wanna boost.!

Anyone think i should ditch the GT45?

Deadphishy
05-09-2010, 11:53 AM
400whp is a lot. Your going to need to have to upgrade a lot of stuff as it breaks.

it's been done, but the stock k20a3 won't last very long at 400whp if it's not done perfectly.

ImACoolKid89
05-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Well whats a good kit than for my motor to be safe. And get a decent whp..?

gtimportfanatic
05-11-2010, 09:09 AM
u wont see pass 300whp on an a3 safely daily.. not for long neway.. rev hard kits r awesome

ImACoolKid89
05-11-2010, 11:43 AM
K. well i will do my re-search. A guy locally is selling a k20z1 block for 200$.
should i purchase to build?
I know the only thing it may do is bump up my compression. or am i wrong?
would the k20z1 block be better for boost if I Frankenstein my a3 and the z1..?
It seem like a hell of a deal for $200. it's from a 05 Type S with 58k mile's...
He own's a performance shop in Foley A.L...

I will do my re-search on the Rev Hard kit.
I am just tired of people in there GAY! SRT4's and DSM's period trying me...haha & the up side of building a decently quick and clean street car..
hint the name JDM!

jeenyusss
05-11-2010, 12:52 PM
your young, start with less power. go for 250who and get used to it. going from a stock ish ep3 to 400whp youll probaly crash or get tickets. take your time, research alot before you go wasting money. I started my turbo build around 20 yrs old. i am finally statisfied with it about 3 years later, but if i researched a lot more i would have safed money big time

of course this is all just my opnion

gtimportfanatic
05-12-2010, 08:50 AM
id say get the z1 block and i'll buy it off of you.. you dont need a block like that lol.. jk.. the z1's are awesome .. would be a good motor to do up.. just get a z3 head and do work ... although i not sure what compression you'd be with this setup.. if its a bare block take ur time and do a rod/piston setup on there.. get a nice flowing head like an a2 or z3 head and take ur time.. age has notihng to do with it if u are a responsible person and RESPECT you car.. you should be fine with the 500plus that a setup like that can offer

ImACoolKid89
05-15-2010, 04:10 PM
sweet. well i purchased the Z1 block and plan to build it up over time.
Yeah i know what you mean going from stock to big boost but I drove my buddy's 400whp Teggy and I love it.
But I LOVE MY EP3! So i plan to build big power in my Hatch..
I guess i will start doing re search and asking more ?'s as i go along..
I built a h22 and a D series before but nothing Too major!
Hopefully I get good re-sults..
Whats a good reliable brand Turbo kit to look into.?

Or at least parts..?

Guardian
05-15-2010, 04:23 PM
PeakBoost, Fullrace, AFI

gtimportfanatic
05-16-2010, 07:58 PM
yeah peakboost i'd say... or TD autowerkes

ImACoolKid89
05-27-2010, 11:23 AM
I sold the GT45 for 200$ & made my $ back +50 = : )
I purchased a Brand NEW! GodSpeed Intercooler for 150$. It's a steal because brand new they are 250$ i believe.
My buddy has a T3/T4 Air research Turbo with No shaft play & won need a Re-build. for 65$

What do you think about the T3/T4? does it spool good? Is it a Diesel turbo?
Just so I have a plan before i waist $....

ImACoolKid89
05-27-2010, 12:17 PM
GODSPEED INTERCOOLER !
http://i48.tinypic.com/25pn8t3.jpg

AiResearch Turbo !
http://i49.tinypic.com/an0qa9.jpg

Stubby
05-28-2010, 04:16 AM
when you are buying a turbo there are 3 companies that I feel confident with. Garrett, Precision, and Borg Warner. PERIOD.

gtimportfanatic
05-28-2010, 08:28 AM
when you are buying a turbo there are 2 companies that I feel confident with. Precision, and Borg Warner. PERIOD.

Fixed for accuracy

ImACoolKid89
05-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Gotcha...Well I can always get rid of these parts as well. everything is a Flip to get the $ i need to get the parts i want.
I wanna build a clean & decent powered DD..
What about Full Race kit's..?

gtimportfanatic
05-29-2010, 03:37 PM
full race= overpriced

Peakboost= just as good

like mentioned before .. Full-race, peakboost, TD Autowerkes . all make good kits.. just watever ur willing to pay

Guardian
05-29-2010, 05:24 PM
Uhhh.. You know precision's are based off garrett turbos right

gtimportfanatic
05-29-2010, 09:13 PM
Uhhh.. You know precision's are based off garrett turbos right

thanks for the enlightenment. LOL.. ignorance is bliss i guess

sleepyEP3
06-02-2010, 07:55 PM
u wont see pass 300whp on an a3 safely daily.. not for long neway.. rev hard kits r awesome

For the money, I would have to agree. If you want the best however I would piece it together tho. Be cheaper and you will get name brand parts. I don't mean to be rude, and don't take this the wrong way, but you need to do a little more research or you are going to end up wasting a TON of money. I understand the excitement of turboing your car very well, (I waited outside on the porch for mine like the whole day UPS was coming) but you don't want to rush into it and make costly decisions. Look on K20A.org and ask around there as well, just read up before you ask questions that have already been asked before. Most of the time when you read through all the related threads, other questions that you are wondering about get addressed as well.

ImACoolKid89
07-05-2010, 11:59 PM
word...got plenty of info on k20a.org...
i plan to just build cosmetically than go with a nice hks kit....

lbk02si
07-06-2010, 05:26 AM
jesus thats a HUGE ass turbo..... ridiculous IMO... you'll never spool it, and even if somehow you do it'll never really be driveable! lol