PDA

View Full Version : Really weird problems shifting gears

Blindeye_03
05-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Its coming time to change my transmission fluid, but recently I had some motor mounts installed and new suspension installed. Ever since then I have had problems shifting gears at high rpms.

If I drive around casual, shifting is nice and crisp, but if I take it to 6k (not even redline) and shift, I either cant shift into the next gear or it will crunch or grind. Downshifting is kind of weird because it wont do it all the time like upshifting, just half the time.

Could this be the fluid? Clutch? Pressure plate? Bearings? Transmission?

Ugh help me please, I am dumping money into this piece of crap and something else keeps breaking or going bad. My brakes are needing to be rebuilt (they are sticking), need tires, and my door locks dont work anymore with the keyless entry. What next?!@?#

Blindeye_03
05-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Ok a little more info... a friend thinks its my master or slave cylinder - those COULD have been damaged by the shop that installed my motor mounts.

When I have the car in reverse, and am backing up I hear a strange squeel and I also hear that same noise when I move the clutch pedal.

Blindeye_03
05-14-2010, 10:32 PM
resolved - ended up being the clutch. Had the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel and throw out bearing replaced.