PDA

View Full Version : clutch help...

gamma6
05-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Hey all... the weirdest thing happened to me last night. I went to turn on the ep3 and tried to put it into first and nothing... It just wouldn't let me no matter how much force i used (not a lot) to put into first. It did this, now and then every other week for a bit over a month now but usually i would let my car warm up and then i would try again and it would work, but last night no luck. While i would try first gear it would kinda stall and move forward. Same story when i would try to put it into reverse... Any suggestions? I found an old thread http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?50708-Stranded-in-the-EP3...couldnt-shift.-O&highlight=clutch but didn't want to mess with it since its kinda old... fyi ~62K on her, and i just turned it off and put it into first while it was off and then turned her back on again and it worked...

beefed88
05-05-2010, 10:45 AM
sounds like a pressure plate problem, my stock one got destroyed at 7xK. so plan on a new clutch and throw out bearing

gamma6
05-12-2010, 10:15 AM
yup it was a pressure plate problem, a piece of metal holding one of the springs fell out