PDA

View Full Version : k20a2 swap is in the future but i have questions

bluep3HATCH
05-05-2010, 10:57 AM
hey guys. my k20a3 has had scored up camshaft journals for like a year now and i finally have the cash and time to do something about it after this semester.

I found a k20a2 i want however i dont think i will be getting the 6speed. My ep has 75k on it and im wondering if i should use the stock clutch. Can i use the k20a2 clutch with the 5speed?

i know the motor is bolt in and that i need the k20a2 ecu and that il have to do something with the power steering but what else do i need to know?

thanks in advance

Gilmour
05-06-2010, 09:09 AM
If you want to use the K20a2 clutch you'll need to match that with the K20a2 flywheel, or if you use the EP clutch then you'll need match it with an EP flywheel. You can use it with either trans.

bluep3HATCH
05-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Ok i just wasnt sure if i could use it at all with the 5 speed. thanks

bluep3HATCH
06-14-2010, 03:01 PM
update: i swapped in a 2002 rsx s motor with less than 50k a couple weeks ago. i used the rsx s clutch and flywheel and i am running the stock size serp belt. The swap went very well and the car pulls great...however there are a couple little quirks/noises that i am wondering about.

the serp belt squeals occasionally in the lower rpms. it was brand new when i put it in and it didnt squeal until a couple days ago. should i expect it to get worse?

the clutch lets out at the top compared to before and it doesnt quite work as well. im not getting any slipping when engaged however im not getting much of a 2nd gear chirp

on the new engine, the crank serp pulley had a rough edge on it that i smoothed down. i tried to put the ep3 one on but i couldnt get either off. i can hear a some kind of grinding noise from the serp area that i think is because of this. any advice?

USAF EP3
06-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Well, unfortunately I don't have any advice to give, but I have a question for you. How did your A3 get scored up camshaft journals in the first place?