PDA

View Full Version : UNEVen Drop whY?

civic hatch boi
12-03-2002, 07:05 PM
like.. when i take it to a flat ground and get out car. leave the engine on and step outside.. the drop seems pretty even so it's kewl.. but when i park the car and come and check.. the right rear is like 1cm lower always.. why si this? anyone knoe?

chunky
12-03-2002, 08:55 PM
if you really want to check, measure from the centerline of the wheel (hub) to the fender. you can't always trust your eyes on this sort of thing. if there's much more than a 1/2" variance between left and right, i'd be concerned.

as for why the right rear may be sagging more, it might be b/c of the parking brake. if you pull it up while your foot is on the brake, sometimes the car will settle some once you release the brake. it doesn't always settle evenly.

but i suggest you go measure things, your eyes are probably playing tricks on you. neuspeed springs are known for having a very even drop as well as having very accurate ratings for their "average drop"

civic hatch boi
12-03-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by chunky

as for why the right rear may be sagging more, it might be b/c of the parking brake. if you pull it up while your foot is on the brake, sometimes the car will settle some once you release the brake. it doesn't always settle evenly.

yeah i think this is it!. it's when i pull the e-brake on... im not worried too much.. so it's actually pretty normal for the RIGHT rear to sad a little more then the left rear when i pull the ebrake up? why only the rear RIght tho? is the ebrake on that side?

chunky
12-03-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi

yeah i think this is it!. it's when i pull the e-brake on... im not worried too much.. so it's actually pretty normal for the RIGHT rear to sad a little more then the left rear when i pull the ebrake up? why only the rear RIght tho? is the ebrake on that side?

if i had to guess why it's the right rear, i'd say it's b/c when you get out of the car, there's less weight on the front left of the car, so it rises up a bit, and the right rear appears to sag.

but that's just a guess. I still suggest you go out and measure from the hubs to the fenders to know for sure. you can compare the left to the right, but not the front to the rear.

ortedd
12-04-2002, 05:20 AM
bounce the car on the shocks before you measure so that you can get an accurate reading.

TightEP3
12-05-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
like.. when i take it to a flat ground and get out car. leave the engine on and step outside.. the drop seems pretty even so it's kewl.. but when i park the car and come and check.. the right rear is like 1cm lower always.. why si this? anyone knoe?

man, ive been waititng for a post like this...my car also does the same shit, and i have the neuspeed race...i'm very picky with my car and its also annoying the shit outta me..i'm starting to think that my springs arent seated perfectly...hmmmm, maybe i'll take it apart this weekend..and i dont buy the e-brake theory either...