PDA

View Full Version : Questions about ECUs and immobilizer (02 si)

dohcep3
05-05-2010, 04:06 PM
hey Ephatcher. i got a somewhat long question for you guys. Ok i have a stock 02 ep3 with just basic bolt ons. Now i want to do the hondata reflash BUT i dont want to do it on my original ECu (ill call it ECU#1) . I want to buy another ECU(Ill call it ECU#2) and reflash THAT new one to work with my car. Now i know I have to reprogram the immobilizer to work with ECU#2 to make everything works. Now say AFTER I reprogram the immobilizer to work with ECU#2, if i were to put back ECU#1 , will the car works? Do I have to go and reprogram the ECU#1 again ?

So to make it short, I want to have 2 ECUs where i can switch them out WHEN i need to without having to go reprogram it again and again and again cause its not cheap (for me at least). Thanks for any inputs

Deadphishy
05-05-2010, 04:12 PM
I would think your plan should work. But i would just give hondata a call and make sure. www.hondata.com they should know for sure.

usedep3
05-05-2010, 06:05 PM
you can just swap em out. you're just getting the second ECU sync'ed to your immobilizer. you can swap them out as you please. just make sure that when the dealership sync's the reflashed ecu, they sync the immobilizer and the immobilizer only. IIRC they might end up flashing over your reflash

dohcep3
05-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Awesome thanks for the info! Im in search for an ep3 ecu right now. I'll definitely have the dealer sync the ecu first THEN i will send for a reflash. Lets see whats all this talk about the reflash lol

dohcep3
05-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Since we're on the topic, I got another question. Someone is trying to sell me an already "Reflashed" pnf ecu. Now how could I tell if it has been reflashed? Hes trying to sell it to me for 300 saying its like me getting a free ecu and 300 is for the reflash. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.