PDA

View Full Version : HELP my EP3 drives like sh-t!

djtopa
05-06-2010, 08:07 AM
I have problem with my EP3.
When I accelerate slowly in town & change gear (especially from 1 to 2nd and 3rd where car is most powerfull)
car "stops" for about second and then pull away(in the moment I put in 2nd gear or any other but in second is most noticeable).
Also car in that moment of changing gears swings a bit or his engine I dont know, this is also when I add a throttle suddenly at low revs.
I cant drive it nice and slow its no mater how easy i relase the clutch so that looks like I'm a noob,LLOLL , like I am first time in CTR...:mredface:

My mechanic check spark plugs and thay are fine,at first I think is a clutch but we change it with OEM one and problem is still here.
Also about a month I fited racing front motor monut inserts and car has a lot of vibration in neutral(but changing gears where great)
now vibrations are almost gone and gearbox sucks again :sad:

can it be back motor mount(one close to manifild & cat) but mechanic sad that he looks OK
I hope you understand Is hard to me to write all of this in English :oops:

Onasty
05-06-2010, 08:35 AM
wat r ur mods

djtopa
05-06-2010, 08:42 AM
wat r ur mods

Mods have nothing to do with that becouse I put them a year before,on engine only INJEN CAI & Spoon N1 axleback stock suspension...other mods are styleing

cronicEP
05-06-2010, 09:39 AM
sounds maybe like a bad sensor or a bad tranny?? Wish i could help...you should post this in the engine section to get more hits.

djtopa
05-06-2010, 10:06 AM
sounds maybe like a bad sensor or a bad tranny?? Wish i could help...you should post this in the engine section to get more hits.

I dont think its a gearbox becouse oil is new and gears work ok when warm up specally now with new clutch...
Sorry about bad section

gtimportfanatic
05-06-2010, 12:05 PM
my car had a stutter in 2nd too.. didnt think a CTR would do the same..

dj addicted
05-06-2010, 12:25 PM
could it be something with your throttle body? Maybe it needs a good cleaning. How clean is your intake filter? I would take the intake off and look at the butterfly wheel on the throttle body and make sure it opens and closes with ease.

56chevydan
05-06-2010, 02:06 PM
From the syptoms you stated here, the problem could be water in the fuel, partially clogged fuel filter, or even a failing fuel pump.
Just curious, are you throwing any trouble codes?

shortstop
05-06-2010, 03:09 PM
could it be something with your throttle body? Maybe it needs a good cleaning. How clean is your intake filter? I would take the intake off and look at the butterfly wheel on the throttle body and make sure it opens and closes with ease.

I was gonna say this too. I tightened my throttle cable up last night and it made huge difference in take off. If your going WOT then I am guessing this is not it.

djtopa
05-06-2010, 05:29 PM
thnx for replies,I will tell my mechanic to chk throttle body,Inatake is fine,filter is 100% clean...
Hope to solve that soon I oredered ES mount inserts just to make shure that problem is not in engine mounts...
a good upgrade in same time:)

siege911
05-06-2010, 05:50 PM
thnx for replyes,I will tell my mechanic to chk throtlle body,Inatake is fine,filter is 100% clean...
Hope to solve that soon I oredered ES mount inserts just to make shure that problem is not in engine mounts...

Yeah, I can feel my engine rock when I am revving high and let off the gas fast, it's 100% stock under the hood. The mounts are weak, and that "movement" that you described sounds just like mine feels sometimes.

SkareKrow
05-09-2010, 08:35 PM
I was gonna say this too. I tightened my throttle cable up last night and it made huge difference in take off. If your going WOT then I am guessing this is not it.

Where is the throttle cable? I would like to tighten mine as well! Just gave me an idea. :) Pictures please or a PM or A different section let me know. Thanks ShortStop for a good thought!

djtopa
05-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Where is the throttle cable? I would like to tighten mine as well! Just gave me an idea. :) Pictures please or a PM or A different section let me know. Thanks ShortStop for a good thought!

+1 I wanna know that too!

SkareKrow
05-11-2010, 06:55 AM
:bump:for more info:bump2:

shortstop
05-11-2010, 01:49 PM
+1 I wanna know that too!

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t116/shortstop12088/throttlebody.jpg

The part im pointing too is the brass threaded part where you can adjust the throttle cable. Your cable will run to the bracket and straight to the throttle body. You can press on the the cable and it will allow your throttle body to open (if your car is on, it will rev up) If there seems to be a lot of play or slack, you can adjust it on the bracket where my finger is pointing. Takes 30 seconds and I believe a 12mm not but 100% sure. Didn't make my car faster but more responsive, my friend noticed it after I let him drive it.

EDIT: Also does anyone know what the purpose is of the other cable on the throttle body? Does this have to do with our electronic power steering or something?

SkareKrow
05-11-2010, 09:19 PM

The part im pointing too is the brass threaded part where you can adjust the throttle cable. Your cable will run to the bracket and straight to the throttle body. You can press on the the cable and it will allow your throttle body to open (if your car is on, it will rev up) If there seems to be a lot of play or slack, you can adjust it on the bracket where my finger is pointing. Takes 30 seconds and I believe a 12mm not but 100% sure. Didn't make my car faster but more responsive, my friend noticed it after I let him drive it.

EDIT: Also does anyone know what the purpose is of the other cable on the throttle body? Does this have to do with our electronic power steering or something?

Thank you very much! Appreciate it! Really helpful! :bump:for the other cable there? What is it :)

ttttrigg3r
05-11-2010, 09:59 PM

Is there anyway you can dummy proof this for me? I've tried this before after i read an article in Kseries. But when I got out there with my 12mm I was like wtf do I do? the instructions were not clear enough. So do you want to do this while the engine is on? which part do you turn and how much?

SkareKrow
05-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Is there anyway you can dummy proof this for me? I've tried this before after i read an article in Kseries. But when I got out there with my 12mm I was like wtf do I do? the instructions were not clear enough. So do you want to do this while the engine is on? which part do you turn and how much?

Thats true lol. I was like ima play with it on my lunch tomorrow but I dont know what the heck i would be doing lol.

itchy5
05-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Thank you very much! Appreciate it! Really helpful! :bump:for the other cable there? What is it :)

the other cable is for cruise control

Ryanson
05-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Sounds like vaccum lines are hooked up wrong, or a leak i would look at a diagram and make sure your vaccum lines are in right.
Or my Room mate had the same problem on a b-series. we spent 6 months and close to a $1000 in parts, to finally realize it was lacking fuel pressure because previous owners had put subs in the car and drilled through the chassis into the gas tank... we are lucky we didnt get blown up lol, so we swapped the fuel tank no problems after that

djtopa
05-14-2010, 01:33 AM
Sounds like vaccum lines are hooked up wrong, or a leak i would look at a diagram and make sure your vaccum lines are in right.
Or my Room mate had the same problem on a b-series. we spent 6 months and close to a $1000 in parts, to finally realize it was lacking fuel pressure because previous owners had put subs in the car and drilled through the chassis into the gas tank... we are lucky we didnt get blown up lol, so we swapped the fuel tank no problems after that

Sorry but I dont understand what and where are vaccum lines can you show me on pics please?

shortstop
05-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Sorry but I dont understand what and where are vaccum lines can you show me on pics please?

vacume lines are usually the smaller hoses. (the ones where the coolant isn't running through)

shortstop
05-14-2010, 02:49 PM

engine off and the 2 nuts that are touching the bracket are the ones you will want to mess with. Just loosen them up and pull your cable until the slack is gone.

cronicEP
05-14-2010, 06:01 PM
i don't think his cables or hoses are switched around because his mods don't require that, besides the intake...Spray some carburator cleaner on all the hoses in the engine bay while the car is idling...don't spray all the hoses down all at once...spray one, wait for a second, then move on to another, be sure to spray both ends. If the car suddenly starts to loose power or sputter then you have vaccum line leak...but a vaccum leak would be noticable during idle...how is your idle?

How many miles on the car?

The only other thing i can think of is a faulty fuel system. Have your guy check your fuel pump system under the rear passenger seats...check for dirty fuel...hope this helps

a compression test and leakdown test wouldn't hurt also. this would let you know if anything in the motor was at fault...

djtopa
05-17-2010, 06:12 AM

I look at this throttle cable adn on my car everything seems tight and OK...Il try other stuff that you people wrote but after my ES mount iserts come so I will fit them and see how car drives..

Idle is OK

djtopa
06-01-2010, 03:44 AM
Vacuum lines seem OK,intake also...

Today I called one of the best Honda mechanic in Croatia,when I tell him abiut my problem
he sad did I ever change fuel filter(one in the reservoir tank),I didnt change it I think previous owner also didnt change it.
In Croatia fuel is verry dirty and bad,could it be that becouse of that filter is dirty and I have problems?

djtopa
06-10-2010, 10:22 AM
I ordered fuel filter so I'm going to change it just in case...

I notice that car is much better in warm weather on cold days like a week before my problem was often when I drive yesterday only once or two times car hasitated... strange

HOw can I clean throtlle body?
I look inside and seem OK maybe deep inside is dirty

djtopa
06-14-2010, 08:47 AM
I ordered fuel filter so I'm going to change it just in case...

I notice that car is much better in warm weather on cold days like a week before my problem was often when I drive yesterday only once or two times car hasitated... strange

HOw can I clean throtlle body?
I look inside and seem OK maybe deep inside is dirty

Those days temperatures in Croatia are about 30+ and my CTR drives perfect no more hesitation or anything I cant beleve it...
I will change that fuel filter and wait for cold days...

kenscivic
06-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Those days temperatures in Croatia are about 30+ and my CTR drives perfect no more hesitation or anything I cant beleve it...
I will change that fuel filter and wait for cold days...

It very well could be a fuel filter issue if the fuel is not good quality. Let us know if that's what it is friend.

SUSHI_NE1
06-18-2010, 11:13 AM
WOW... So many people here on EPHATCH having TB problems. I have somewhat the same thing, but mines throws out a P1519 code and everyone says "thats the code for IAC Valve problems... clean your IAC and that will fix it".... Well I did... NO GOOD. So I baught a $100 TPS sensor from OMNI POWER and... NO GOOD. My next step is to buy some TB cleaner and spray the crap out of it. I will let you know what happens. I cant believe with your symptoms your not throwing any codes. But my problems are a little worse... MY ENGINE FEELS LIKE IT'S GONNA DIE!... It rocks like CRAZY cuz the RPMs wont drop below 2,000.

HERE'S MY VID :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-y4awta2cg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kcNqA5C8AE

djtopa
06-20-2010, 04:24 AM
Too bad man,but your problem is diferent I have no engine chk and idle is perfect and no noise,i tell you now car drives perfectly.
maybe something(rubbish,dirt) in fuel sistem was making problems and now its gone I will change that filter in reservoir and wait for cold weather and see what happens,I hope nothing will.