PDA

View Full Version : Where to run wire through firewall?

EP3lovesCB7
05-06-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm moving my battery to my trunk and need to know where I should run 4 gauge wire through the firewall. Thanks!

Chad
05-06-2010, 11:08 AM
do you have or plan to have fog lights?

RedSiBaron
05-06-2010, 11:27 AM

HAHA thats the BIG question isnt it!? :mbiggrin:

MadLorEP3
05-06-2010, 01:51 PM

elaborate

Jmage
05-06-2010, 02:23 PM
There is a hole in the driver side fender is suposed to be used by fog lights. If you don't have fogs and don't want fogs, you could run it there. I think thats what he wanted to say ;)

Chad
05-06-2010, 02:37 PM
yep, it's the easiest spot.

Jmage
05-06-2010, 03:53 PM
yep, it's the easiest spot.

You said it! Learned this from you on one of your old post. Running my 4 gauge wire was then made damn easier!!

Chad
05-06-2010, 07:04 PM
I ran my amp power thru there THEN decided I wanted fogs and had to drill out a new hole.... MOTHER OF PEARL was that a pain in the ass. FYI, there's a LOT of metal in that part of the car.

Ryu_Dakera
05-14-2010, 09:30 AM
There are a few plugs under the dash on (my) left side.
First remove the plastic part there the Hood-opener is, then you see a few plugs

You also do have to remove the Fusecover thingy to reach the plug.
they are white plugs, remove 1 top one.. then to get on the outside.

go to the left front wheel, and remove the mudflap thingy, starting from the Front door, by taking out the pressfit connectors.
you only need to do this about half way, about 7 pressfits, and at the bottom part at the Skirt there's 3 screws.

when those are out you can push the mudflap thingy away from you, peek to the right and you should be able to see the place where you removed the plug.
for getting cables to your enginebay/front, lay the cables on top of the mudflap, towards your left headlight. then when the cables are tightend up you can start putting the mudflap back to its position.

From there it should be easier ;)

EP3lovesCB7
05-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks everyone. I just bought fogs too so it's good to know what you guys said about that.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
05-16-2010, 01:41 PM
I ran my amp power thru there THEN decided I wanted fogs and had to drill out a new hole.... MOTHER OF PEARL was that a pain in the ass. FYI, there's a LOT of metal in that part of the car.

I just did that the other day and i was down there for a while with a unibit to drill another hole. The metal there is really thick, i am glad i have a 90º drill.

Chad
05-17-2010, 11:54 AM
I just did that the other day and i was down there for a while with a unibit to drill another hole. The metal there is really thick, i am glad i have a 90º drill.

HA! I did it with a pilot and a unibit and I felt it afterwards for about 3 days.... I did not have a right angle drill.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
05-17-2010, 02:58 PM
HA! I did it with a pilot and a unibit and I felt it afterwards for about 3 days.... I did not have a right angle drill.

It took me a while i was down there for about 10-15min with my baby Makita 9.6 volt 90º drill it kept over loading and getting to hot, but it got the job done.

cukali
05-19-2010, 11:04 AM
I put my battery in the trunk spare tire housing I drilled out a large hole in the front part of the housing and put in a rubber grommet. I ran the battery cable through the hole, over the gas tank, and along the fuel/electrical lines under the car. They pop out right at the fuse box under the hood where the original cables attach. Place another ground from neg to the chassis in the trunk. Running wires from trunk inside the vehicle is a bit harder.

Blue03Si
05-19-2010, 11:17 AM

I'm in the same boat. I already ran my amp power through the foglight gromit... and now I want fogs. :mfrown: I see drilling in my future for sure.