PDA

View Full Version : What is with the Sedan Si/non owners?!

NetDragon
07-15-2002, 02:52 PM
Something I have noticed while driving my Si around. I wear shades during the day when it is sunny to keep the sun out of my eyes. This has the added feature of being able ot see people looking at my car and them now knowing I see them. I also have damn good side vision. Anyway I have noticed, most folks that are in Civic Si hatch models and other Civic Hatch models just look at my car and slobber on their stearing wheel. While I seem to get dirty looks from Civic (Si) owners that are driving sedans/coups. Someting about the body style I guess, or I am some goofy looking white guy usually wearing business casual clothes because I have to thanks to the dress code at my work. Dunno, just an observation I guess.

Oh also my Birthday is this Sunday (Turning 24) and I turned 2000 miles on my 2K2 while moving stuff from our old house to the new house. You gotta loving having a hatch back. Put those rear seats down and you got a really decent amount of cargo room!

iR-VTEC2
07-15-2002, 03:32 PM
Dude i had to do the same thing. Hauled more cargo then my previous car's entire lifespan.

I get the same thing here. I think's its a combination of respect, admiration, disgust, hatred, and for the chicks, wetness :D

I wear shades too cuz I'm a starer (is there such a word?) and I'll look at every single car that is next to me. Just a habit but it can be a bad one

02TafWhtSi
07-15-2002, 05:01 PM
I really HATE it when people stare at me when I'm driving. Its ok for them to look at my car but when they are looking directly into my eyes its really irritating. Its like everyone is always looking to prove their toughness or masculinity like "Hey, I'll race you any time man - my car is way faster and you can't hang with me". Maybe I'm just paranoid (:rolleyes: ) but I can't stand most drivers on the road in my area.

SmoothOperator
07-15-2002, 06:00 PM
I passed a sunfire just minutes ago on my way back to work. It was slammed on 18s, had an exhaust, and a few body touches. I proceeded driving when he started flashing his highbeams at me...I slowed down so he could pull up next to me. I figured, this guy wants a race. But he just rolled down his window and was like "Dude is that the new SiR?, When did that come out? What years were the last SiRs for?" We went on like this for a little while before my cutoff came, he said he loved it, and I said "thanks! Take it easy!"

I even had some 30s (ish) guy in a CRX pull up to my car one day at a gas bar. Said he was driving by and noticed my ride. Asked me if it was lowered already. Said it was sweet and drove away.

This car gets a LOT of attention considering how many haters there are online.

BlazeX12
07-15-2002, 06:17 PM
Yeah, i went to my old home town, Fort Eutis, and at the gate the MP who checks the cars coming in stopped me. I was like shit, i hope they dont 'randomly search my car' not that i had anything, just woulda been a pain in the ass. When he stopped me, he looked inside, i was like, do you need to see my ID? He said 'No, im just admiring your car' I was damn "oh thats cool, thanx, glad you like it"

CleanBlackSi02
07-15-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
I really HATE it when people stare at me when I'm driving. Its ok for them to look at my car but when they are looking directly into my eyes its really irritating. Its like everyone is always looking to prove their toughness or masculinity like "Hey, I'll race you any time man - my car is way faster and you can't hang with me". Maybe I'm just paranoid (:rolleyes: ) but I can't stand most drivers on the road in my area.

I couldn't agree more...

Pradamuimui
07-16-2002, 01:40 AM
Yeah I had a guy in a 2000 Si do the same thing to me...right about the time that I SMOKED HIM!!! :P

NetDragon
07-16-2002, 08:15 AM
Whew! Ok now I do not feel quite so bad. I was trying to figure out if it was just a Bay Area thing or what. Guess not. Guess you have to love or hate the sexyness if the 2K2 Si. Heh. But what is better is hearing about all the stories from folks that get aproached by random peeps that are asking questions and telling you how totally f-ing bitchin your car is! Gotta love it.

smapzy
07-16-2002, 11:23 AM
I got to admit, my 02Si is an attention grabber. The first week when I got my car (3 weeks ago) 2 guys already want to race me on the freeway! Just last week, it happened again, but this time is different ;-) I was in SF downtown with my GF and a fire truck was pulling beside me in front of a stoplight, and we start talking thought the moon roof. He was asking me all kind of questions about my car, and at the end, he asks,

grooveline
07-16-2002, 12:58 PM
Same here amiogo's. The 00 Si owners are a tad on the hatin side. Cuz now, they aren't the bread and butter anymore.

Everyone wants to race me now. Tons of compliments about it.

But hey, I'm humble about it. It's just a car.

02TafWhtSi
07-16-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by grooveline
But hey, I'm humble about it. It's just a car.

Exactly. :) - a lot of people take it way too personal