PDA

View Full Version : immobilizer light wont stop blinking with kpro?

RHCP0801
05-06-2010, 05:21 PM
installed kpro, everything is good except the green key wont stop blinking. This is the original ecu and key from the car and the immobilizer is enabled in kpro. Im getting the car tuned on monday so im sure they can figure it out but can anyone give some ideas on how to fix it? thanks

one more thing, i have the high octane base map uploaded on the car for now....could that be the problem?

talonXracer
05-06-2010, 05:55 PM
There could be a glitch in Kpro software, try disabling the immobilizer in Kpro. Are you dead sure that you got back your original ECU?

RHCP0801
05-06-2010, 05:58 PM
yea im sure, also once i check and uncheck stuff is that automatically saved or do i hit a button for it all to go through?

talonXracer
05-06-2010, 06:11 PM
You enable or make changes and then hit upload.

RHCP0801
05-06-2010, 06:20 PM
ohh ok, ill have to try that out

superstocksi
05-06-2010, 08:22 PM
My immobilizer light started flashing recently too. I know that I had the immobilizer enabled and I haven't touched anything. I did install a new battery around the time when I noticed the light. Maybe that has something to do with it eventhough I don't see why it would. I'll just hook up the laptop and reenable and upload it.

RHCP0801
05-06-2010, 08:42 PM
idk, when i checked it before it said it was enabled....im guessing the basemap already had it enable...i checked and unchecked it but i didnt upload it again, im just gonna wait until i bring it to get cam'd out and tuned on monday

superstocksi
05-06-2010, 09:11 PM
You have to upload whenever you make any changes in kmanager, otherwise those changes won't do anything.

superchargedk20
05-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Everytime u upload a basemap certain things get reset to the base map specifics. One of em is the immobilizer. So since u uploaded the basemap in kpro it automatically disables ur immobilizer. Why it does this I have no clue. Just upload that basemap that ur currently running FIRST then go under MISC and check the immobilizer. Kpro likes to fuck with u; If u dont upload ur map first and just go under MISC the immobilizer will be checked but it will be faded so u cant turn it off or on. SO MAKE SURE to upload the map FIRST, THEN go under MISC and i promise u the box will be unchecked and then upload it. I had this same problem caus im a noob; I just pluged my usb in and the box was checked but its faded off. Thats how kpro screws with you. Upload map, then u will see that the immobilizer box is unchecked. THen check box. THen upload. Then green light is GONE!

THis has happened to me NUMEROUS times being tuned. I just got tuned recently and we used a different base map to tune off. So guess what happened?? My immobilizer is disconnected again. But if i go into kpro now it has the box checked but its faded off so i cant mess with it. Now gotta get the map from tuner upload it and then check the box and upload it to ecu. PITA!!!

jeenyusss
05-07-2010, 03:32 AM
i took my bulb out for the immobilizer :)

talonXracer
05-07-2010, 06:50 AM
Everytime u upload a basemap certain things get reset to the base map specifics. One of em is the immobilizer. So since u uploaded the basemap in kpro it automatically disables ur immobilizer. Why it does this I have no clue. Just upload that basemap that ur currently running FIRST then go under MISC and check the immobilizer. Kpro likes to fuck with u; If u dont upload ur map first and just go under MISC the immobilizer will be checked but it will be faded so u cant turn it off or on. SO MAKE SURE to upload the map FIRST, THEN go under MISC and i promise u the box will be unchecked and then upload it. I had this same problem caus im a noob; I just pluged my usb in and the box was checked but its faded off. Thats how kpro screws with you. Upload map, then u will see that the immobilizer box is unchecked. THen check box. THen upload. Then green light is GONE!

THis has happened to me NUMEROUS times being tuned. I just got tuned recently and we used a different base map to tune off. So guess what happened?? My immobilizer is disconnected again. But if i go into kpro now it has the box checked but its faded off so i cant mess with it. Now gotta get the map from tuner upload it and then check the box and upload it to ecu. PITA!!!

Every time you connect up the laptop to make changes, the first upload is a complete calibration upload, then each succesive upload is only the small bit changed untill you disconnect the USB. If you are loading your proper tune, and not what is in Kpro's library, the tick mark will stay.

NEVER leave the tuners shop without getting a copy of your tune, take a USB drive with you and have him load the cal onto it. In about 99% of cases, the tuner hasnt completed the job, it takes many HOURS to properly tune part throttle after the dyno tune, seldom is that done.

RHCP0801
05-07-2010, 09:23 AM
i read you can unplug it but i would still like the immobilizer for security reasons....i tried again and it still says the immoblizer is enabled but the light is flashing, ill just wait until monday so the tuner can figure it out

edit here is the page, as you can see it is checked...but i just took this screenshot now so its not plugged in, if its more help when it is plugged in let me know and ill take a screenshot of that

edit again, i just uploaded the map when the immobilizer was not enabled, car started up fine...i checked enable...uploaded it and the car wouldnt start, reuploaded with it not enabled and it started...wtf is going on?

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8510/79648504.png (http://img29.imageshack.us/i/79648504.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

EP3Casas
05-07-2010, 10:07 AM
A. glitch
B. that not your original ecu

im leaning towards B

talonXracer
05-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Sounds like the ECU/key/Immobilizor is not synched. It is operating exactly as if it was NOT your original ECU.

Did you copy down the ECU serial# before sending it in and compare to the ECU you recieved back?

a flashing green key light is saying the key does not match the ECU or immobilizer code.

RHCP0801
05-07-2010, 12:05 PM
yea its the same one, i used to work at a honda dealer so ill just go back and get the key synced for free after i get it tuned

thanks for the help