PDA

View Full Version : Now Car Won't Start...HELP...

MadLorEP3
05-07-2010, 09:01 PM
So I got a prb krpo from an 03 type s installed on the ep and was running fine until NOW

I dont know what the previous calibration setting was but I tried to upload the stock pnf 02-05 civic si kal

When I turn the key, I can hear it trying to start, its cranking but it wont start

Im low on gas as well but I dont think that its empty yet, I was driving this afternoon and the gas light hasnt lit up yet, but then again I have a s2k gauge cluster and I heard that digital clusters are not as accuarate at determining how much fuel is left compared to analog

BOTTOM LINE:
Is it kpro or am I out of gas? Someone help. I dont even have a ride at the moment to get gas either LOL...

RHCP0801
05-07-2010, 09:22 PM
go into parameters and click on misc, uncheck enable immobilizer and see what happens

MadLorEP3
05-08-2010, 12:41 AM
ok i will try that thanks

talonXracer
05-08-2010, 05:18 AM
Sounds like you need to disable the immobilizer, you got a new PRB ecu so the key/ECU/Immobilizer is not synched, when you select any new calibration like you did, you will need to manually double check all settings so that they are compatible, Kpro is NOT plug and forget. If you desire the Immobilizer to be operable, you will need to go to Honda and have them resynch the system following the directions that Hondata has posted on their site.

I sure wish Hondata refused to sell their product unless/until the purchaser completes a complete and thorough training program.

MadLorEP3
05-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks Guys

Im trying to access the imobilizer
I went to parametes, misc, but immobilizer is not higlighted, its not letting me click it

plus I just added 2 gallons of gas so I now its not that

MadLorEP3
05-08-2010, 08:20 AM
hahahaha

it works

thanks again

freaking immobilizer

for anyone else out there, always uncheck the immobilizer when you change your settings
then make sure to press upload (arrow symbol)

Guardian
05-08-2010, 01:00 PM
This thread made me lol

gtimportfanatic
05-09-2010, 05:36 AM
This thread made me lol

x2 .. as soon as i saw the op i said to myself ..."haha.... noob" lol.. dont worry OP.. i been there too but figured it out cuz i love tinkering with the kpro

MadLorEP3
05-09-2010, 12:46 PM
sometimes its the only way to learn

gtimportfanatic
05-09-2010, 05:36 PM
true story

talonXracer
05-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Come on guys give him a break, we were all kpro newbs...

Dont get me wrong, I dont want anyone to think that they can not ASK a question regarding the safe operation of the vehicle, that is paramount. Hopefully they the ability to handle some joking at times, cause the gearheads have a warped sense of humor at times, LOL.

MadLorEP3
05-10-2010, 11:21 AM
haha

its all good

Im just glad the car is running a ok....