PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning tires

poppasp1ce
12-03-2002, 11:37 PM
how do you all clean your tires? currently, i spray armorall onto a rag and wipe as not to get any on the rims. this doesn't get into all the grooves and ribs (unless i become the relentless armorall monkey). i used to use tire foam on my old car, but i think i read somewhere that tire foam can hurt your rims (eats at the clear coat). so how do you do it?

ssvr6
12-04-2002, 05:30 AM
When you're washing the car, use a scrub brush with soap and scrub the hell out of them. Afterwards, I use Tire Wet (Black Magic or something) and the Eagle 1 applicator to coat the side walls. I then let it sit for a good few hours to dry and "cure".

If you drive immediately after applying, it splatters up the side of the car.

Steve

AkronSi
12-04-2002, 06:52 AM
I spray Eimann Fabrik High-Intensity cleaner all over the tires and rims. Then I really scrub the tires with a brush and go over the rims with a sponge. It works really great. I'm going to try Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner + in the spring.

I have used some of that Spray-foam tire stuff that you can get amost anywhere (I forget the brand), but now I use Meguiar's Endurance. It works great and even comes with a foam applicator. It doesn't seem to sling off the tires either.

silver ep
12-04-2002, 07:18 AM
I scrub the tires with a brush and some Simple Green then dry them and apply Meguires Endurance which is sticky but works really well.

ArcticBlueRsx
12-21-2002, 03:10 AM
tire wet from black magic works very well in my opinion....

rick77f
12-22-2002, 11:28 PM
I wash them with car soap and water, and finish it with 303.

IceD out N CALI
12-23-2002, 08:24 PM
I use soap to clean them up, and black magic to make them nice and shiny black

SubliminalSi
12-24-2002, 12:04 AM
I spray this white foam type stuff that "dries without a hassle" But i have to make sure none of it gets on my rims!