PDA

View Full Version : Quickly clean bird poop?

BarracksSi
12-04-2002, 09:45 AM
What do y'all do to clean off a couple spots of bird droppings? Do you wash the whole car, or wash the affected area, or use some other method?

civic hatch boi
12-04-2002, 10:17 AM
i just get a tissue, spit on it. and wipe.. my whole car is hella dirty so i just clean the doo doo so it won't ruin my paint..

BarracksSi
12-05-2002, 11:15 PM
I did the tissue & spit thing before, but scratched the paint a bit. Some Meguiar's scratch remover saved that nonsense, though.

I went ahead & got a bottle of Meguiar's Quick Detailer and used an old cotton shirt. Worked fine -- got it off before the snows came, at least.

pocketrocket
12-08-2002, 02:18 PM
Kill the bird first.
Besides that, try using the mild formula of bug remover, it's green and in a spray bottle, says it won't remove wax. Spray that stuff on, let the shit get soggy and wipe away with a tissue. At least that's what I do. YMMV
Damn birds..
-PR

civic hatch boi
12-08-2002, 07:07 PM
the last two days. ive been getting sap drippings all over my car!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO annoying... its all sticky and black. good thing i have a black car.. if it was silver or white, i'd be way more pissed.

golferjn
12-08-2002, 07:18 PM
yeah, just wash the affected area away. darn birds. they're smarter than what people think. they know who to attack and at the perfect time. guys, don't use tissues or paper towels. they contain wood fibers and will scratch your car. a towel or a t-shirt will work just fine. darn birds.

chubbychu
09-06-2010, 07:47 PM
quik detailer :)

EPo3Hatch
09-06-2010, 08:22 PM
razor blade! jk if you cant get it off right away or are to lazy (like me) use a wet cloth then scratch x by Meguires or however you spell it. I live by that sh*t it works amazing on my nhbp!

EP3tuner410
11-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I don't know if any of you guys have access to solvent prep cleaner but a lot of parts stores sell it.

Hands down it will help you with any tree sap issues or bird crap.

Once it bakes in your clear coat and etches in nicely you may as well call it a day so it's a great investment.

To be honest a gallon of it shouldn't cost more than 10-15 bucks max and can help with a lot more then those issues!

jdmjay27
05-25-2011, 11:35 PM
just get some water and soap then rub it off with that applied onto a lint free cloth