PDA

View Full Version : Seat Belt Eating Seat!!!!!

DrPimpSiR
07-15-2002, 03:12 PM
I just noticed that the driver's seatbelt is rubbing away on the top side of my seat!
I've only had the car three weeks and 2000 km.
Does anyone else have this problem?:mad:

grooveline
07-15-2002, 03:30 PM
I'll take a look, but I haven't noticed anything like that.

But wait.... does your passenger belt slap around when you have your passenger side window down?

Also, how do the window handle the rain? can you have them down a bit, or does water come right in?

SBC31
07-15-2002, 03:44 PM
Yes the seat belt seems to stay stuck on the seat since the seat has the major love handle sides. Guess we just have to be careful, although I will check if I can address this by lowering or raising the seat belt in the pillar adjuster thingy.

BTW,
When you say rubbing away, is the seat ripping? If so this will get replaced under warranty.

DrPimpSiR
07-15-2002, 05:30 PM
The shoulder belt sits on the edge of the seat and is wearing on the material on the seam.
It hasn't torn yet, but I think it's only a matter of time!
I figured warranty would take care of the seat, but it looks like it could happen again, if the seat isn't modified.

Sorry about the crappy bitmap, I couldn't convert it to jpeg and stay within 100 kb.

SmoothOperator
07-15-2002, 05:53 PM
DrPimp..I'm getting the exact same wear. I've adjusted the Seatbelt Pillar thingy that SBC refered to, and it's helped. I just set it at it's highest point.

grooveline....YES! whenever my passenger window's down, and I start moving quickly, the seatbelt slaps around like crazy! Peeves me off!

m0ns00n
07-15-2002, 06:16 PM
I haer ya!, not to mention the fact I almost have to dislocate my shoulder to grab the drivers seat belt when I get in... eheh

SmoothOperator
07-15-2002, 06:24 PM
I've always rested my arm on the passenger seat to look back when I'm in reverse. But with these seats.....It just ain't happennin. I've had to adjust.

ApexinSi
07-15-2002, 06:31 PM
My seatbelts never slap around in the wind...maybe because they are on the lowest setting...as far as the rubbing, I'm going to check on my EP tomorrow to see if my fabric is wearing away. And the water that enters my car when my windows are slightly cracked suck!...no matter how little the window is open in the rain I get a nice heavy downpour all over my door panel...moving or at a stand still.

1fastminivan
07-16-2002, 10:37 PM
damn,
now that ya'll pointed it out, I checked out mine and it also is rubbing away. I have had mine to the highest setting on the seatbelt but I guess it still does it.