PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Type "S" motor/trans/axles,etc

Nosjunke
12-04-2002, 10:28 AM
I called my local Acura dealer today to find out what aa new "S" motor would cost. They gave me a number to this place that has them. Complete with 6spd trans, axles, ecu, wiring harness, etc. All we need to do for the swap. It's Legite. Swap packages start at $3800 and go to $8000 for a 2000 mile motor. The persons name is Jimmy, and the number is 1-800-322-1223. I wish I had the extra money so I could get one. Maybe one of you folks do, so I thought I pass it along.

Matt

1fastminivan
12-04-2002, 12:02 PM
How many miles do the ones that cost $3800 have???

fishboy
12-04-2002, 12:22 PM
and how much for just the motor and ecu, no tranny?:D

JoshSI
12-04-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
and how much for just the motor and ecu, no tranny?:D

You dont want a 6speed fishboy?

IceD out N CALI
12-04-2002, 03:00 PM
do they come with a warranty or as is?

hacim
12-04-2002, 03:10 PM
Did you even call that #? I did and it was some redneck that didnt know shit. Is that uh Vtec motor? LOL I even gave him the engine code and he asked is that for a GSR? Your sources arnt very credible. Research before you post information or links, please.

Nosjunke
12-04-2002, 05:08 PM
Yes, they are RedNecks (from NC), but being that I talked to him today for about 30 minutes on the phone, maybe you didn't speak to Jimmy. Or maybe you didn't speak RedNeck. Anyhow, he said that the package they had for $3800 had 8000 miles on it. I don't know how we could prove it, but if it looks clean and you take the valve cover off and it looks clean their, then change the oil, plugs, wires, and belt and fire it up.

02blksi
12-04-2002, 05:45 PM
"then change the oil, plugs, wires, and belt and fire it up."

LOL, dont forget:
1. The wires you are reffering to is for the old B series engines, the new Kseries have individual coil packs for each cylinder, just changing the wires cant be done.
2. B series has timing BELTS, the new K series has a timing chain just like the S2000 motor :) no need to change it.

But, i get what you were getting at, My recomendation would be to call the guys over at www.importautosalvage.com talk to larry sr or jr. I have bought an engine from them before along with all of my "hybrid" friends, I can say that they are GREAT people and go above and beyond for you.

Be weary of deals like this, the one that you found, make sure its a K series engine you are getting and not some b18 or b16, you wont be happy getting that engine delieverd to you :) - Joe. :)