PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP--- 05 ep3, JDM projectors.

o5ep3
05-10-2010, 08:23 PM
I need help! Ive been looking for the info on here, and coming up with a bunch of different answers. Anyone that knows for sure, please help me out. Heres the situation:

--I have an 05 ep. When I got it, it was a theft recovery and had the headlight harnesses cut off, and I found a really good deal on 02-03 lights so I rewired it to work with those.

--NOW, I got 04-05 JDM projectors which are RHD, and got lhd TSX projectors with them.

-- SO FAR, I know I can use the same 02-03 DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHT Socket / Harness, and will probably need to get the original 04-05 TURN SIGNAL Socket / Harness along with original 04-05 HIGH BEAM Socket / Harness.

-- QUESTION: What will I need for the low beam if I use the TSX projectors? (Socket / Harness ??)

If anyone knows what I need, please please please, help me out. I really want to get these wired up asap. If anyone can also confirm if the rest of my info is correct, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

usedep3
05-10-2010, 09:18 PM
you should make a relay to wire up the low beam connection for the HIDs. everything else you mentioned seems correct

mage182
05-11-2010, 06:00 AM
If you got the JDM housings that are set up to accept HIDs, why not get that? The difference is like night and day. For that you'll get a subharness with fuses and relays from a place like TheRetrofitSource.

usedep3
05-11-2010, 07:19 AM
If you got the JDM housings that are set up to accept HIDs, why not get that? The difference is like night and day. For that you'll get a subharness with fuses and relays from a place like TheRetrofitSource.

the jdm housing are RHD. in order to get the proper cutoff you want to either swap out tsx projectors or get oem LHD edm

Kerby
05-11-2010, 08:03 AM
If you already have the facelift headlights.... why are you going backwards to 02-03 lights?

o5ep3
05-11-2010, 01:23 PM

- Thats what I want to do... Put in HIDs into the tsx projectors... From what I was told, I need a D2s Hid kit? Will that plug into the original 04-05 harness? Do I absolutely need the "subharness" that you are talking about?

the jdm housing are RHD. in order to get the proper cutoff you want to either swap out tsx projectors or get oem LHD edm

- I have the tsx projectors with em, so Im planning to swap them out...

If you already have the facelift headlights.... why are you going backwards to 02-03 lights?

- Huh? :mrolleyes: I guess I didn't explain correctly... I currently have the 02-03 lights on my 05. I recently bought 04-05 JDM projectors with an additional set of tsx projectors to put on my ep and want to know what I need for the low beam connection.

mage182
05-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I went with Theretrofitsource.com to get all of my stuff. There are probably a lot of places that have the stuff so you can shop around if you want but they sent me all the stuff I needed:

04-05 TSX ballasts
Ignitors
Subharness with conversion plugs for OEM ballast connection
new D2S bulbs
TSX projectors (you already have these)

The quality of the products are excellent and they shipped everything out quickly. They also had great customer service in answering all of my questions that I had about wiring everything up.

Yes you need the subharness. The draw on startup is too high to use the stock wiring.
Using the stuff I listed above is an oem setup. The ballasts mount into a hole in the bottom of the housing and all the wiring to the bulb is internal.

o5ep3
05-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Well I was already going to get a d2s hid kit... That sub harness that you're talking about still needed?