PDA

View Full Version : Let"s be real...

DgrzEp3
05-11-2010, 01:54 AM
Im sure a lot more people have been on the hatch longer than I have(ive only been a year)..and I’m really envious of many ep’s on this forum. I mean i read supercharged swapped this and turbo that. There are so many options and so many ep's that are amazing. I tell my girlfriend that I want this and that to my car (just a simply swap and turbo). She’s all for the idea but there is one problem…I am only 20. And work 25 hours a week at 9$ an hour:mfrown:. Lol. The sad truth is setting in that any future mod other than what I have will take literally FOREVER to save for. ANYBODY else with this problem? Or does everyone on here have a pot of gold?

MajorJones
05-11-2010, 02:48 AM
I'm in the same boat man. I'm 20 also and just got laid off :mcry:...I've been here for about 3 1/2 years but i still hear ya tho. i want that k24 gt35r swap :mangel: Someday ill get it but for not i just have to wait. I'm kinda glad tho, if i had the money i would be buying and selling parts all the time on which rims and lip kit to roll ect ect. (not that my old job's $9 income stopped me from doing it):tehehyper:

username011
05-11-2010, 02:57 AM
That is why it is considered a passion, having the car you want will take sacrifices but if you really want it and enjoy building your car it is worth it.

Onasty
05-11-2010, 05:25 AM
im 22 and get paid 10 an hour, i only work friday saturday and sunday. I managed to make 2000 in a month and a half you'll be surprised just eat at home and always carry a lunch box with pb and j and you'll save a lot of money. Do things to spend time with your girl without spending money i.e. walk in the park, go running together, kickin back play family video games (i have movie trivia for xbox), relaxed with my dog....After a month you'll b like damn i managed to save this much

FoReVaPmP
05-11-2010, 05:33 AM
im 22 and get paid 10 an hour, i only work friday saturday and sunday. I managed to make 2000 in a month and a half you'll be surprised just eat at home and always carry a lunch box with pb and j and you'll save a lot of money. Do things to spend time with your girl without spending money i.e. walk in the park, go running together, kickin back play family video games (i have movie trivia for xbox), relaxed with my dog....After a month you'll b like damn i managed to save this much

:yeahthat:

Take your time and build your car the way you want too.... if it takes you yrs to do - it's cool because it's your car and your money. Who cares if everyone else has the money to drop on their car "now" but, to be honest.... it's not that seriouse, your health - life - and billz come first. MOdding a car is a Hobby, lets just leave it at that.....:mwink: Have fun with your car and enjoy if for what it is, not what you want to make it! :mbiggrin:

BlownSi05
05-11-2010, 05:44 AM

Take your time and build your car the way you want too.... if it takes you yrs to do - it's cool because it's your car and your money. Who cares if everyone else has the money to drop on their car "now" but, to be honest.... it's not that seriouse, your health - life - and billz come first. MOdding a car is a Hobby, lets just leave it at that.....:mwink: Have fun with your car and enjoy if for what it is, not what you want to make it! :mbiggrin:

I agree with this totally. When I was in my early 20's and such, I didn't have a lot of patients to wait and do things right, and as a consequense I wasted a lot of money on a car that should not have even been bought in the first place. I got rid of it and got my EP, and took my time with it. Bought the car brand new and actually had it paid off before I finished building the car...lol. Just take your time and think out in advance what you really want out of the car, that way you can buy once and have it right. In the long run it will save tons of money and also provide you with a sense of pride and accomplishment.

Project Yellow
05-11-2010, 05:57 AM
What I always did was I set a goal of something I wanted... lets say this item was $800... and then I would not eat lunch out, but instead eat leftovers from dinner, and I would not drive around saturday nights using all of my gas, I wouldn't go out to movies and bars, I'd carpool with friends... Just save money, you have to look at your bills and budget yourself. Also shop around and sometimes you can find some crazy good deals. I'm 23 and independent and BROKE, but I've managed to put around 10-15 thousand into my car (stupidly) over two years. Although it is nothing special compared to other peoples on this site with turbos and fresh paint and body kits, I did what I wanted, when I could afford it, and that worked out. People on this site come from different backgrounds and budgets, but everyone is respectful... yes... we may call you monster truck if you're not lowered, but its all in fun and games. You shouldn't have to worry about making you're vehicle compare to anyone else's.

Onasty
05-11-2010, 06:06 AM
You shouldn't have to worry about making you're vehicle compare to anyone else's.

yup yup mayb it juss me but i dont like my car or nething to b similar to anyone elses i like to b different. Why i love going to meets and being 1 of 3 ep's there instead of 1 of 300 eg's & ek's

2k3hatchie
05-11-2010, 06:16 AM
I'm with ya man. Right now I work full time but I'm still taking classes towards my degree. On top of that I still haven't paid off the EP and I really want to move out. As a result I won't be in any situation to seriously modify my car until its paid off and I'm out of school which won't be for at least a year. But it's definitely for the best, by then I'll have definitely gotten my money's worth out of the stock engine/trans. Plus, as right now there's nothing "wrong" with my car and in the mean time I can still do the smaller/cheaper things like intake, exhaust, lowered, wheels etc.

On the plus side, your car looks good and as it is the EP is still a great quick and practical car. If your girl's on board with it too, than its just a matter of time before it happens.

yup yup mayb it juss me but i dont like my car or nething to b similar to anyone elses i like to b different. Why i love going to meets and being 1 of 3 ep's there instead of 1 of 300 eg's & ek's

^ right-o!

RedSiBaron
05-11-2010, 06:26 AM
this is how it goes, i've built my car working only 6 months a year for no more than $13/hr and going to school the other 6 months. and thats been since ive owned the car and i am now 24.

i've strictly looked for deals on parts to get my car to where i want it. Hell i spent a year saving money for my exhaust.

thats just how it goes, play it smart when you have slow cash flow dont buy something unless you really want it and save money up for it. dont buy parts when you dont have money.

now that i am finally graduating college ill have a job and i can spend money on my car again...its great

Heitzke
05-11-2010, 06:26 AM

Agree 100%. Don't worry about making your car "on par" with these others you see on the forum just yet. Lots of people (on this forum too, I'm sure) are racking up cc debt just to buy crap for their car. Modding cars is definitely just a hobby for me, and I wouldn't ever limit myself from enjoying other outlets in life because I was saving up for a particular part. I buy stuff for the EP as I come across excess income.

RHDmeatwagon
05-11-2010, 06:42 AM
seriously, you gotta be patient. I'm 19 and have school 35 hours a week and find time to work two jobs and thats how i save up for shit. Start small it takes a long ass time to save up but its worth it and feels sooo good when you get what you wanted. set goals like each year. Like this year say I want to take care of all my suspension, next year ill start saving up for my motor.

njpnoy05
05-11-2010, 06:51 AM
it takes a long ass time to save up but its worth it and feels sooo good when you get what you wanted. set goals like each year.

^^ soo true

02_epdriver
05-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Patience, time, and saving is what it's all about. Just think you building your car on your own funds not your mommy and daddy wallet. LOL. I've wanted for so long to build up this K24 I have sitting in my pole barn but other shit come 1st. I have to manage to pay for a roof over the head. Yeah I spend way more than needed each month but a nice pad is cool.

Hang in their work hard and set goals for yourself. I'd like to make a members thread on here but I have nothing special so I dont.

Project Yellow
05-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Lots of people (on this forum too, I'm sure) are racking up cc debt just to buy crap for their car.

This is important too for someone on a budget... spend CASH that you save, because loans and credit you do have to pay back...plus interest. Sometimes you can find great deals to get the things you want, when I was in the market for new tires, i found a set of new wheels with tires here on this forum a few hours from me, that was almost $200 cheaper than the tires alone I was going to get. Two wins, and saved money.

MugenReplica
05-11-2010, 07:17 AM
This is where I fork paths with many other enthusiasts on this forum. Do what is financially secure for yourself. I've honestly met a few guys with Ebay turbo kits or used Greddy kits ($800 + a used $100-200 Emanage) that performed very well and are incredibly quick. After meeting them and riding with them, I'm still jealous they spend under $1500 and had an Ep3 that was as quick as my RSX JRSC'd K20z1 headed K20a3.

With that said here are the issues I know those guys went through with their "budget" setups.
-Oil lines subpar quality <-convert to Fast Turbo lines
-Ebay turbo AND Greddy turbo's shitting the bed <-convert to a Holset HY35W (YOU WILL NOT BLOW THIS)

Other than those two things, their setups were exceptionally reliable.

Jukka
05-11-2010, 07:18 AM
I'm 23, ive had my car for over 2 years now and honestly, it hasnt changed a ton since i first bought it. I have added some parts, bought others (that are just sitting waiting to go on), but its all about just waiting untill the funds and the time are both right. Every time I would go to do something big on my car, some thing else would come up (replace Vtec solenoid, cv shaft, inner tie rod, etc).

What ive learned from owning this and my old celica is the best way to go at something, tackel it in sections. Don't try and do everything all at once and expect it go come out perfect on the other side. Work your way through your car with what ever $ you can spend on it. And if it means you sit on some parts for awhile, then you sit on some parts for awhile.

For example, this year, im tackeling my suspension and if i can afford it, gettin my type-r bumpers on and my paint fixed. Ive had my type-r bumpers since a week before my 22nd b-day, and they have just been sitting in my garage and shed for the year + now waiting for me to get the funds ready. But yet again, ive had some suspension parts wear out/blow on my over the fall/winter, so now my main focus is fixing the suspension and beefing it up a bit.

The best thing to do, go at it at your own speed and only put as much $ as you can afford at it. If you plan on keeping your car for a long time, the $ will come in time, and you'll be able to afford gettin all the parts, swaps, turbos, paint, bodykits, etc you want.

ShadowEP3
05-11-2010, 08:27 AM
just sell drugs..watch the money come in

:mwink:

RedSiBaron
05-11-2010, 08:30 AM
just sell drugs..watch the money come in

:mwink:

shhh, you'll give away the secret

showoff3civic
05-11-2010, 09:05 AM
i will take my built N/A A2 over an aftermarket turbocharged car anyday

slate13530
05-11-2010, 09:31 AM
A lot of good advice on here for you.

Also don't forget a lot of OG members here have had the EP for a minimum of at least 4-5yrs (I being one of them). It's not something that just happened overnight.

Responsibilities come first.

Chad
05-11-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm in my late 30's and still cannot fathom how someone that's 20 years old can afford an EP, Insurance, living expenses, etc on a part time job that does not entail illegal activities.

Here's a hint nobody is going to like, But hey, we are being real right? A car is a fucking appliance. Some like expensive appliances, I'm happy with my whirlpool plane Jane wash machine.

Until you you have the spendable CASH IN POCKET to go mod the piss out of your car you are MUCH better off dumping money into something that's going to gain some semblance of equity. You cats are in your 20's you have a LONG time go buy/build fast cars and do it right.

Screw your head on straight and make something for yourself. I can assure you when/if you wrap that hatch rocket around a tree the insurance company is gonna give you blue book at best.

Yeah, yeah, it's a car forum and it never hurts to dream.... But using credit and the best part of your life making a wash machine haul ass is pretty fucking moot when you are likely already eating ramen and saving for laundry while saving up for that turbo. Rent, Food, Quality living, savings... then go spend some money you have left over.

Also modded cars aren't as reliable, save some money back for repairs for when you find that weak link.

Nicotine
05-11-2010, 11:08 AM
no one starts off at the top. also, your life may have other priorities also!

just try not to do things to keep up with "the jones family" ..(ie: everyone).

do what you can, and be happy that you are fortunate enough at your age to have your car - lots of people don't have that luxury!

everything will come with time. keep focused, keep workin, it'll all fall in place eventually.

Kerby
05-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Pay it off first. After it's paid off keep making "payments" to a bank account and when you have enough in that account to get something go for it.
Also... I limit myself to 1 or 2 items a month depending on the amount the purchases are.

Using this method, I've had enough money to buy whatever I want at any given time, and still be able to fulfill my family obligations and hve some extra to put in a savings account for an economic rainy day.

Also, having a wife who's a FT nurse and me being a Project Manager helps :hehe:

beechstreet
05-11-2010, 11:40 AM
good advice in this thread. I had saved up a bunch of cash from when I started working at 15 and blew all of it on my EP3 (as well as other stupid materialistic possessions). Now I live check to check. If I could do it all over again, I wouldnt have gone boost. Woulda kept that cash and put it into savings or invested it or paid off the car a good year ahead of time. If you do want to mod your car more, just look for good deals (ephatch classifieds, locals, craigslist). I wouldnt have as many mods if I had bought all of them brand new.

MugenReplica
05-11-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm in my late 30's and still cannot fathom how someone that's 20 years old can afford an EP, Insurance, living expenses, etc on a part time job that does not entail illegal activities.

Here's a hint nobody is going to like, But hey, we are being real right? A car is a fucking appliance. Some like expensive appliances, I'm happy with my whirlpool plane Jane wash machine.

Until you you have the spendable CASH IN POCKET to go mod the piss out of your car you are MUCH better off dumping money into something that's going to gain some semblance of equity. You cats are in your 20's you have a LONG time go buy/build fast cars and do it right.

Screw your head on straight and make something for yourself. I can assure you when/if you wrap that hatch rocket around a tree the insurance company is gonna give you blue book at best.

Yeah, yeah, it's a car forum and it never hurts to dream.... But using credit and the best part of your life making a wash machine haul ass is pretty fucking moot when you are likely already eating ramen and saving for laundry while saving up for that turbo. Rent, Food, Quality living, savings... then go spend some money you have left over.

Also modded cars aren't as reliable, save some money back for repairs for when you find that weak link.

I <3 your posts, Chad!

willy_akino
05-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Modding a car takes alot of time specially when your a student and working a part time job. Im 21 working for 8.50$ an hour only making 700$ a month, and going to school. u have to set small goals each year. For me my goals this year are 17' wheels, performance tires, kpro, red H, mugen wing. so far i managed to get Rims. Also another way to save is always buy used parts. they still perform great and you save alot of money.

DgrzEp3
05-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Well im glad a lot of you guys are real on here. THANKS FOr all of the ADVICE BTW:mcool:. I am 20, live with my parents, go to school full time and work 25 hours a week. So i dont have any big priorities except schooling family and GIRLFRIEND. I actually paid off my car in cash in 08 when i bought it.It was completely stock. i worked at this catering place where i would cater to movie starts(pretty much i was there personal waiter) and i got big tips.2 years later i bought my ep at the dealer for 14.5k and here i am.

well maybe you guys can point me in the right direction because ive hit a fork in the road. Given my mod list. which direction do you think i should go from here...given my budget. BASically tell me the best bang for my buck.

Interior:
CTR Shift Boot
Ebay Shift Knob
Corsport Vinyl Red h
Pioneer Avic-f90bt
DIY S2k Start Button
Polk Audio MM651 speakers
Polk Audio 5 Channel pa 1100.5 Amp
Polk Audio MonoBlock pa 600.1 Amp
Kicker CVR 12’ Sub
Viper 5901 Remote Start Alarm

Exterior:
VIS CTR Replica Lip Kit
DEPO Type R replicas 8k HID
Front and Rear red H Emblems
VIS CF oem Hood
VIS CF CTR Spoiler
JDM Visors
JDM Side Markers
Ebay Yellow Fogs
ASA nb101’s 17’
205/40/17 Falken 512 Ziex

Engine:
K20a3
Hondata Kpro (tuned)
CF Intake Manifold Cover
PRC IM
AEM v2
DC Race Header
EBay 2.5’ Catback
ACT Streetlite Flywheel
Ingalls Stiffy ETD
Exedy STG 2 Ceramic Clutch
Optima Yellow Top Battery (if that counts)

Suspension:
Stock Shocks 75K
Megan racing Lowering Springs
Megan racing Rear Camber kit
Tanabe Front Strut Bar
Corsport Rear Strut Bar

MBaG
05-11-2010, 01:32 PM
the longer you wait, the better it'll feel in the end. :]

Kac-A-Lac724
05-11-2010, 02:53 PM
craigslist, craigslist, craigslist, e-bay, craigslist, forum classifieds. i always check them to make sure nothing on my wish list doesn't happen to pop up.

BaLisTek
05-11-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm kind of bitter when i look back on my spending habits when I was younger. Here I am, about to graduate. A house of my own is pretty much the focus of my dreams as of lately. I look at my bank account, then I look at my car. I mean, yea the car looks good, and I have had good times with it. TO be honest, it isn't worth it to be spending this kinda cash when you are in college etc. I have stepped back from modding cars for a good year now. It feels great. I dunno, JDM crap just isn't worth it. That 11k I put into my car over the years would have been so much more amazing added to a down payment on a house.. mmmmmmmmmm

My advice, the EP is a GREAT daily driver in stock form. The EP is not a great platform to dump serious cash into. Mod lightly and just appreciate the car for what it is.

shortstop
05-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Read a few posts and agree, do it at your pace and with cash like previously stated. Credit is a no no no matter how bad you want something. Depends on your lifestyle too, do you like to save up just in case or do you go week to week hoping to make ends meet? Just make smart choices

ttttrigg3r
05-11-2010, 03:44 PM
It took 4 years and a trip to iraq for me to save up 30g+. now i found a job and i'm 22 making 15$. you should do what i do just move back with your parents and eat rice all the time. you'll have stacks in no time.

88fox05si
05-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I saved my money for a few years so I could have a decent down payment. Most modification I want to do/buy are cheap, but i still have a habit of saving the money before I actually buy it.
Example: I am starting to save some money from my tax refund for the megan racing midpipe. Sure, it's fairly inexpensive, but I'm not ready to send off 210 dollars when I don't have free.

cliff notes: save your cash, worth the wait.

02_epdriver
05-11-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm kind of bitter when i look back on my spending habits when I was younger. Here I am, about to graduate. A house of my own is pretty much the focus of my dreams as of lately. I look at my bank account, then I look at my car. I mean, yea the car looks good, and I have had good times with it. TO be honest, it isn't worth it to be spending this kinda cash when you are in college etc. I have stepped back from modding cars for a good year now. It feels great. I dunno, JDM crap just isn't worth it. That 11k I put into my car over the years would have been so much more amazing added to a down payment on a house.. mmmmmmmmmm

My advice, the EP is a GREAT daily driver in stock form. The EP is not a great platform to dump serious cash into. Mod lightly and just appreciate the car for what it is.

LOL you can have my 3k a month house payment.

SkareKrow
05-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Main things like everyone is saying put your priorities first, EP is For Good Times! Yeah, I'm 23, Married (Going through hell and back trying to save my marriage). Have a mortgage, Car Payments, Bills, And anything else on top of it that decides to pour rain on me. I'm still alive. My car runs good. It's still stock, Only thing I have done to it is HaSport MM's & AEM-CAI. And a cheap Exhasut tip a friend gave me a while back. I haven't even lowered it. I bought the springs when I found them on Sale 150$ for H&R Springs at some warehouse that was closing down, Hell I came up. But haven't dropped it becasue I want to drop it with Aftermarket Parts, I only make 10.18$ an hour. Fulltime Job, Wife hasn't had much luck with a job, So it's been hard ass hell. I mean on the side I build web-sites but thats not much either becasue I haven't put all my time into that I also "Recycle" "Think Green!" It helps, At my job I got everyone helping me recycle, Hell I'll make extra cash recyling from anywhere from $50.00 - 200$ a month depending on how many recycables people decide dto drop. Think of "Legal" ways to get money by also beating the system :) It's just a car and if your in my position It's my only car lol. Daily Driver & believe me I am almost paying it off only about 5 more months wo0t w00t! I am very proud on myself for that, Just keep your head up, Think Straight ;) Dreaming is fun but it's also a dream :) Best advice everyone gives is, Save money and as well Bargain shop like no other. :)

DgrzEp3
05-11-2010, 11:31 PM
LOL thanks everyone for all of the advice.

I definitely didnt expect this thread to get this long

All the money i make goes to enjoying myself at 20 with my girlfriend.

Ill just continue to enjoy the Ep, save, and do what i can when i have funds.

AS most of you do:mcool:

MajorJones
05-11-2010, 11:48 PM
LOL thanks everyone for all of the advice.

I definitely didnt expect this thread to get this long

All the money i make goes to enjoying myself at 20 with my girlfriend.

Ill just continue to enjoy the Ep, save, and do what i can when i have funds.

AS most of you do:mcool:

I agree! i dont have a girlfriend so its a little harder not to spend money on Fujiko(my ep) :tehe:

Im not the thread starter but i have been reading each post. Its time to budget and save! its not my nature tho, money slips right through my hand. you all have been talking about the legal way and i agree but im jobless and i need to put food on the table for myself. please dont bash me on it, i know what im doing is wrong :mcry: im seriously trying to get a job everyday but again i need to eat and pay bills ect ect...

Thanks for the advice everyone also!

FoReVaPmP
05-12-2010, 05:09 AM
I agree! i dont have a girlfriend so its a little harder not to spend money on Fujiko(my ep) :tehe:

Im not the thread starter but i have been reading each post. Its time to budget and save! its not my nature tho, money slips right through my hand. you all have been talking about the legal way and i agree but im jobless and i need to put food on the table for myself. please dont bash me on it, i know what im doing is wrong :mcry: im seriously trying to get a job everyday but again i need to eat and pay bills ect ect...

Thanks for the advice everyone also!

As long as you realize that it's not a race to be the fly'est Ep3 out there you will be good!!!....

Enjoy the car for what it is, NOT for what you "wish" it was...

usedep3
05-12-2010, 06:26 AM
even in stock for the car made me smile everytime i looked back at it.

AVOID IRRESPONSIBLE CREDIT CARD PURCHASES. its a common mistake a lot of young people (including myself) make. you'd be suprised at how easy it is to rack up debt. credit card offers with 0% interest and low interest rates are like 'wolves in sheep's clothing'. at one point i was about 10k in debt and didn't even realize my interest rate was slowly raised to close to 27%. it was freaking rediculous. i continually transferred balances to 0% cards and slowly paid off my debt. it took me 2 years after i graduated college but i finally paid it off. i regret not paying closer attention to my statements, but having that debt cleared was like having a load taken off my shoulders.

the main rule of thumb i use when i buy parts for this car or any non-essential purchase in my life. i take a step back and think about whether or not i can afford to buy 4 of the items i'm considering buying. the main reason i do this is to see if i can really 'afford' it and if i really want something enough to buy 4 of them. the last thing you want to do is buy something and not have money left over to pay bills, eat, and just plain be responsible.

i've lost my job recently and i'm glad i wasnt spending/living like i did in my early 20's. growing up sucks. not having a job sucks even more but at least you'll have some money saved up.

good luck with the build.

hondaguy92129
05-12-2010, 07:02 AM
even in stock for the car made me smile everytime i looked back at it.

AVOID IRRESPONSIBLE CREDIT CARD PURCHASES. its a common mistake a lot of young people (including myself) make. you'd be suprised at how easy it is to rack up debt. credit card offers with 0% interest and low interest rates are like 'wolves in sheep's clothing'. at one point i was about 10k in debt and didn't even realize my interest rate was slowly raised to close to 27%. it was freaking rediculous. i continually transferred balances to 0% cards and slowly paid off my debt. it took me 2 years after i graduated college but i finally paid it off. i regret not paying closer attention to my statements, but having that debt cleared was like having a load taken off my shoulders.

the main rule of thumb i use when i buy parts for this car or any non-essential purchase in my life. i take a step back and think about whether or not i can afford to buy 4 of the items i'm considering buying. the main reason i do this is to see if i can really 'afford' it and if i really want something enough to buy 4 of them. the last thing you want to do is buy something and not have money left over to pay bills, eat, and just plain be responsible.

i've lost my job recently and i'm glad i wasnt spending/living like i did in my early 20's. growing up sucks. not having a job sucks even more but at least you'll have some money saved up.

good luck with the build.

Excellent advice. One of my buddies is constantly maxing out his two credit cards to the tune of about 5 grand and then paying it off at the beginning of each semester with his financial aid. The problem is that using all your financial aid at the beginning of the semester leaves you with no money for about 5 months, not to mention the horrors it does to your credit score.

Anyways I'm just going to repeat what every one else said. Same boat as you my friend, stock ep and I want to upgrade but I am 20 years old with no job currently (looking though, anyone want to hook up a fellow hatcher in So Cal? lol) and still in school. But I have excellent saving habits. My dad always taught me to have a good amount of cash in reserve "just in case".

Also you have to prioritize. You mentioned your in school. I know the urge to upgrade is hard but honestly what you need in school is a reliable and fuel efficient car. Which *ding ding ding* is what the ep is! The fact that its uber fun to drive is a bonus :mbiggrin: Also I'm sure your girlfriend wouldn't say no to a nice present now and then :mwink:

Chad
05-12-2010, 07:09 AM
LOL you can have my 3k a month house payment.

Mother of god man..... how many years is that mortage for?

_shift
05-12-2010, 07:51 AM

I agree with this. I love my EP, and I'm super happy I finally got another one. But unlike my first one, I know now that I spent waaaay to much on it. So for this one, I'm doing only a few things here and there, and leaving it at that. Plus, then I don't have to worry as much when I go out somewhere wondering if all the nice stuff I got on my car will still be there when I get out of the movies or what have you. :/

So for me, I'd say take it slow, and just enjoy the car for what it is.

02_epdriver
05-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Mother of god man..... how many years is that mortage for?

Its a 30 yr fixed mortgage. I bought the house on an arm and then refinanced when rates were low and got this loan and have had it since.

Chad
05-12-2010, 08:45 AM
that's one expensive ass house.

02_epdriver
05-12-2010, 08:49 AM
that's one expensive ass house.

Well, when you see a kickin pad with everything you need and a nice lot that it sits on you pay the price.

josetequila
05-12-2010, 09:15 AM
well i have a good job, my problem is what do i wanna do with my ep.....so far only bought some depo headlights to it, next is f91 kiroki buddyclub wheels, my point is that i own a ep, love imports but i am not an expert on it.... i always have a buddy of mine giving me a hand when it comes to changing some things on my ep, where i am trying to go is that here you have people with tight budget but have skills and know what to buy and not get rip off on prices for parts on your ep, and me well i always ask someone else for opinions.... have the money but not the knoledge..... thanks to this website i have learn things that i din't know at all.... i guess we all have to start from somewhere.

Kerby
05-12-2010, 09:29 AM
Its a 30 yr fixed mortgage. I bought the house on an arm and then refinanced when rates were low and got this loan and have had it since.

did they give you complementary KY when you signed?

if you compare apples to apples, my mortage is less than what I was paying when I was renting. and the house is 3 times the size the apartment was.

Chad
05-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Well, when you see a kickin pad with everything you need and a nice lot that it sits on you pay the price.

Well here's an example of location to all you youngins......

I have a 2500SqFt log home, 2 car garage, shop behind garage with HVAC and plumbed for air including god's own compressor(garage included), 3 outbuildings, pool, and a detached 2 car garage all sitting on 3.5 acres grass .5 acres woods with a river running thru it.

I paid 150K for it. Granted I got a HELL of a deal but 150K ;)

hondaguy92129
05-12-2010, 12:14 PM
^^ just as a comparison my home here in So Cal was $275,000 when my parents bought it 15 years ago and its 3400sq. ft and .75 acre :D

Project Yellow
05-12-2010, 12:23 PM

I have a 2500SqFt log home, 2 car garage, shop behind garage with HVAC and plumbed for air including god's own compressor(garage included), 3 outbuildings, pool, and a detached 2 car garage all sitting on 3.5 acres grass .5 acres woods with a river running thru it.

DAMN wish I could find something like THAT.

RedSiBaron
05-12-2010, 12:40 PM

that sorta reminds me of my parents house...its about 1000sqft log home, detached 3 car garage (the 1 car bay was converted into a machine shop and upstairs an office) and a 3 stall barn with loft which is now the car parts storage. all that on 4.5 acres, which 2/3 of it are probably woods

Blue03Si
05-12-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't remember who said it but they hit the nail on the head. Take your time, do it right, and don't try and do everything at once. I made a plan for my car of what I wanted to accomplish and how I needed to get there. I always kept tabs on the FS threads and if a part came up and I had the funds I'd jump on it. So far everything is falling into place and I'm very happy with the appearance of my car. Exterior is done, suspension is almost done, few more things on the interior before I call that done, then time to save for the final piece.... a new (used of course) engine.

Chad
05-12-2010, 01:16 PM
I don't know what I would do with 3400 SqFt.... between the main level, downstairs, and upstairs I walk in and go "MARCO!" and listen for the "Polo" to locate my wife.

02_epdriver
05-13-2010, 06:56 AM
did they give you complementary KY when you signed?

if you compare apples to apples, my mortage is less than what I was paying when I was renting. and the house is 3 times the size the apartment was.

I owned my own realestate and mortgage business for 9 years.

02_epdriver
05-13-2010, 07:00 AM
I don't know what I would do with 3400 SqFt.... between the main level, downstairs, and upstairs I walk in and go "MARCO!" and listen for the "Polo" to locate my wife.

It's a 4200 sq ft 5 level multi-split that sits on 7 acres. 3 car garage and a 40X40 pole barn that is cemented and everything. The only thing left to the barn to is to heat it.

03civichatch
05-13-2010, 07:32 AM
Hey man i'm in the same boat as you!! kinda anyway.

I'm 19 i've had my car for just over a year now. i busted ass last summer working 2 jobs concrete work 7-3 monday thru friday then would work my part time job at cvs from 5-12am 4 days a week i was putting in about 80 hours a week but i was able to pay off my ep3 all up front and i got it at the stealership.

i madde mistakes when i first got the car i was stupid and bought retarded stuff but didn't blow to much but now i look at my car and its stock for the most but hey its summer time now so concrete job is back time to save up for the swap

Strife
05-13-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm 22 and working part time while going to school. My family just lost their business, which had been around thirty years and now they're all going to be homeless. They're losing their house and their vehicles too. I might also lose mine, depends on if I can find a second job or not. None of this is an exaggeration, it's all the result of a poor economy and the banks not lending money.

Ba82Ep3
05-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Since the car is paid for, then do what ya like. For those peeps that look at that huge house as something to drool over/for... well all you really need is a basic house in a safe neighborhood in a good school district (if ya plan on makin that GF a future happy wife with a rug rat or two). Just remember, you are NOT the contents of your wallet...

After 9 Years in the real estate business, how could anyone sign an ARM contract? I hope you refi'd in the first year or so...

Passenger
05-13-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm 22 and working part time while going to school. My family just lost their business, which had been around thirty years and now they're all going to be homeless. They're losing their house and their vehicles too. I might also lose mine, depends on if I can find a second job or not. None of this is an exaggeration, it's all the result of a poor economy and the banks not lending money.

..sorry to hear that man. Damn.

DRP967
05-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Its not what you make its how you spend.
There are many ways to get the scrilla.

Get money, fuck bitches.
While other cats are chasing them hos, you chase that paper.

In all seriousness, prioritize and spend wisely...its that simple.

Knowledge is power.

Kerby
05-13-2010, 11:39 AM
I owned my own realestate and mortgage business for 9 years.

After 9 Years in the real estate business, how could anyone sign an ARM contract?

you read my mind....

Chad
05-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Since the car is paid for, then do what ya like. For those peeps that look at that huge house as something to drool over/for... well all you really need is a basic house in a safe neighborhood in a good school district (if ya plan on makin that GF a future happy wife with a rug rat or two). Just remember, you are NOT the contents of your wallet...

After 9 Years in the real estate business, how could anyone sign an ARM contract? I hope you refi'd in the first year or so...

I prefer NO Neighborhood... as would any of my neighbors prefer that I prefer if I had neighbors ;)

hondaguy92129
05-13-2010, 12:19 PM
haha in response to your earlier post chad you "need" 3400sq. ft. when you have 4 kids and a dog LOL

Yell "marco" and all you hear is a cacophony of screaming, yelling, swearing, dog barks and assorted thuds/clunks/screeches :mbiggrin:

Chad
05-13-2010, 12:44 PM
haha in response to your earlier post chad you "need" 3400sq. ft. when you have 4 kids and a dog LOL

Yell "marco" and all you hear is a cacophony of screaming, yelling, swearing, dog barks and assorted thuds/clunks/screeches :mbiggrin:

2 dogs, one kid, 3 cats, and a parrot. if I had 4K+ like the other cat I'd have to play Marco Polo with a goddamn bullhorn.

MBaG
05-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Hey man i'm in the same boat as you!! kinda anyway.

I'm 19 i've had my car for just over a year now. i busted ass last summer working 2 jobs concrete work 7-3 monday thru friday then would work my part time job at cvs from 5-12am 4 days a week i was putting in about 80 hours a week but i was able to pay off my ep3 all up front and i got it at the stealership.

i madde mistakes when i first got the car i was stupid and bought retarded stuff but didn't blow to much but now i look at my car and its stock for the most but hey its summer time now so concrete job is back time to save up for the swap

80 hours a week?

hondaguy92129
05-13-2010, 02:04 PM
2 dogs, one kid, 3 cats, and a parrot. if I had 4K+ like the other cat I'd have to play Marco Polo with a goddamn bullhorn.

haha I guess we are just noisy then :mbiggrin:

Yo_KyleEP3
05-13-2010, 08:57 PM
lol im also 20 and iv have my car for about 20 years, pretty much still stock its sad. Car payments FTL

justbobo
05-13-2010, 09:19 PM
lol im also 20 and iv have my car for about 20 years, pretty much still stock its sad. Car payments FTL

thats a old ep3. :tehe:

02_epdriver
05-14-2010, 06:37 AM

All in all an arm loan isnt a bad loan. It just became a little more wise when the market went to crap to obtain a fixed. Most people are scared of the arm because they didnt ask questions or read the paperwork or their neighbor told them some crap and they got scared.

Yes a fixed is a safer peace of mind loan but up until late 2007 an arm wasnt that bad plus you got a lower rate and you just need to understand the ins and outs on how they work. I can go on and on on this crap but dont care to bore the ephatch world.

EPSU3
05-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Four years with the EP and I know what the OP is going through. I'm 24, had the EP through college bills, now bought a house and getting married. Patience is key. Buy a few parts here and there. Sell a few. Either way, thanks to anyone that sold me stuff on the cheap over the years! Keeping the EP fun even through economic changes! Patience grass hopper!

dkid15
05-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Youll get there. Look for a swap first on craigslist. I paid 500 for a low mileage k24a4. Also you have to think hard if this is what you really want. My plan was to just have fun with the car until i graduate pharmacy school, but now i feel obligated to finish it and there lies an emotional attachment (as sad as that sounds). Hopefully i can finish the car this summer and save money for the rest of my time in school for a house, nsx, investing...etc Pretty much what im getting at is DO NOT let the car absorb your life.

showoff3civic
05-15-2010, 01:46 PM
never had that problem when i was younger I worked 3 jobs and now im in my mid 20's I have one job that makes more then 3 jobs. Only working 25 hours a week you should be happy you even have a newer car like the EP3.