PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Marker Shave

boya
05-12-2010, 01:48 PM
I am new to the Forum, and the EP world. I just picked up an '02 Milano red. I have some basic mods done, with a lot planned for the future.

I am not sure if this has been posted anywhere, and if it has i apologize, but is there any way to get shave the bumper markers? I am looking to get rid of both the front and back ones as i think it would look 100x cleaner without them. If you cannot shave them, are there any bumpers out there without them?

TIA

EP_Jon
05-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Check out the JDM/EDM bumpers

RedSiBaron
05-12-2010, 02:13 PM
the type r bumpers are much more expensive...

there have been some DIYs in the past on shaving the bumper markers...have you searched the DIY section? im sure there is something in there

Tsuru
05-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Heitzke had a write-up on this forum. It may have been lost during the site crash.

skoolnu
05-12-2010, 04:16 PM
i just shaved mine. plastic welded them in. then did the body work.

ShadowEP3
05-12-2010, 07:43 PM
i was discussing this the other day with my dad when we were doing the projector fog light retrofit..he used some type of epoxy mixture to fill in the gaps between the projector housing and the foglight housing as to make them appear to be one housing (he uses this mixture at work which is making car/airplane engine batteries) and told me we could use the same mixture to fill in the bumper light holes

when i get my camera ill snap some pictures so you guys can get an idea of what it looks like

skoolnu
05-13-2010, 06:29 PM
if you plan on filling it... make sure to really rough up a large area of the bumper around the cutout. like rough, rough. and i would glue a backer plate behind. you want a sandable epoxy. i would hit up a body shop supply and get some plastic bumper repair. LORD 102 fusor is the cats ass. that shit will stick to anything. some of those epoxys wont stick to the plastic well, so be careful. you might think its fine, but you could peel it right off. so glue backer, bevel the cutout alot. you want as much surface area as you can. spread your epoxy... dont be afraid to use it, really feather it out. sand, and do your bondo work.

here is a pic of mine after spreading some 102 on them... http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f143/skoolnu2/SNC00666.jpg

CHASEEE
05-13-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm in for pics and advise as well.

K20wagon
05-13-2010, 09:04 PM
I was thinking bout doing this cause the ukdm bumpers are so expensive. And the usdm relica type r lips on the usdm bumpers with the bumper lights just dont look good together. So I was going to get the usdm type r lip kit to put on and shave the bumper lights and was wondering what to put there. I first was thinking bout using some epoxy but wasnt to sure bout that.

boya
05-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I definitely think i have to give this a try within a few weeks. My front bumped needs a repaint anyways, so that is no big deal. I wish i had a couple G laying around to just throw the JDM bumpers on... Budget FTL.

mp_02si
05-17-2010, 07:17 AM
if you plan on filling it... make sure to really rough up a large area of the bumper around the cutout. like rough, rough. and i would glue a backer plate behind. you want a sandable epoxy. i would hit up a body shop supply and get some plastic bumper repair. LORD 102 fusor is the cats ass. that shit will stick to anything. some of those epoxys wont stick to the plastic well, so be careful. you might think its fine, but you could peel it right off. so glue backer, bevel the cutout alot. you want as much surface area as you can. spread your epoxy... dont be afraid to use it, really feather it out. sand, and do your bondo work.

here is a pic of mine after spreading some 102 on them... http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f143/skoolnu2/SNC00666.jpg

Lord Fusor products are the shit!!! I used some of their metal weld adhesive 108b on my bro in laws deck lid where it had rusted out. I ground out all the rust and fabd up some plates with the right bend and glued them in. The shit is so strong when you push down on it its just like the metal was there all along.