PDA

View Full Version : A/C Compressor

ericl244
05-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Bought one off of Mitch a while back, got it put in a few ago and it will not kick on. Assuming the compressor isn't bad, what else could cause this? I've checked all of the fuses and relays and everything checks out. Tried putting some refrigerant in it and the damn thing just will not kick on.

Anyone have any other ideas? I feel like I've tried/looked at everything. The only thing i can think of now is that I got a bum compressor. :ugh:

I live in Texas, its almost summer so the sooner this gets resolved the better. I am tired of sweating.

2004ep3hatch
05-13-2010, 06:22 PM
You tried putting it yourself? Go to a shop and have them fill the car up. If there is no R-132? I think this is it, It will not kick on. If the system is empty or really low it will act like its not working. I know from experience lol.

I'm assuming you don't work at a garage here lol

Guardian
05-13-2010, 06:33 PM
The comp is not turning on or the blower isn't? Is any air blowing out of the vents?

2004ep3hatch
05-13-2010, 06:39 PM
I think he means the compressor. Well that's what I got lol.

Guardian
05-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Well having refrigerent has nothing to do with the comp turning on. I think he doesn't have an idea of the components or how a hvac system works, that's what I got from it.

ericl244
05-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Well having refrigerent has nothing to do with the comp turning on. I think he doesn't have an idea of the components or how a hvac system works, that's what I got from it.

Hahaha Seriously? The ac compressor is not kicking on IE the clutch is not engaging for whatever reason. The blower is fine, i get air throughout all of the vents. I've been doing garage repair on vw systems for 5-6 years now, this is my first honda and also my first time working on an ac system in a honda. I've checked the in car and under hood fuses/relays, properly vacuumed out the system and also checked the system for leaks. System is leak free and holds pressure well, the compressor clutch does not however, engage when i press the button inside of the cabin. I replaced the compressor, receiver dryer, expanison valve, and the AC line that goes from the condesor to the reciever dryer.

Guardian
05-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Then it could be bad or the wiring or control is messed up.
Check the voltage to it and ohm it out.

Or try to find another one you can test, plug it in then ground it with some wire and see if the clutch engages. if it worked on mitchs car it should work now. Or possibly test that comp like I said with someone elses car.

2004ep3hatch
05-14-2010, 11:15 PM
hey Scott, When I put the k24 in we relived the ac of the refrigerant. I never had it charged back up. When I would turn the ac on the compressor would not turn on. It was all plugged in as it should of been.

I called the shop and he told me that he never charged it back up. This was before I knew how to do these things myself lol. He charged it back up and the ac compressor turned right on when i turned the ac on in the car. He told me as well that was the cause of the ac not working. Might sound stupid but it happened to me lol.

It has somthing to do with the no pressure in the lines. That's just my experience.:mcool: I know I'm not crazy lol.