PDA

View Full Version : Screw???

02_epdriver
05-14-2010, 07:05 AM
I am more like asking for opinions here. Who here uses and continues to use rotor screws. I have owned around about 12 hondas in my lifetime and today was the first time I've had someone tell me to ditch the screws they are just placed on from the factory and then you should throw them away. I understand the wheel will hold the brakes on but have never heard someone tell me that before.

Thought I would share and get some opinions. Thanks :tehe: :gheywa:

talonXracer
05-14-2010, 07:19 AM
I havnt had one on my car for years, they do help during brake jobs to retain the rotor, but that is about it.

02_epdriver
05-14-2010, 07:23 AM
I havnt had one on my car for years, they do help during brake jobs to retain the rotor, but that is about it.

Thats kinda what I thought. It's wierd that I've always used them and have some brembo and hawk pads to install this weekend and was thinking about them.

Drew1d
05-14-2010, 07:42 AM
I use them. As long as you use the right screwdriver (and vice grips if needed) they are easy to take off.

slate13530
05-14-2010, 08:05 AM
I use them. As long as you use the right screwdriver (and vice grips if needed) they are easy to take off.

That or impact screwdriver works too.

02_epdriver
05-14-2010, 08:07 AM

They are esy to get off. I got an impact wrench the 1st time I did a brake job and have had it ever since. (On a Honda)