PDA

View Full Version : Corsport endlinks - loose?

ZoomBoy
05-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Hey everyone, I just had a CTR sway with the corsport aftermarket endlinks installed when I had my coils put on about a month ago.

Just took my car into Honda for the usual service and had them call me and said the endlinks are loose? Are they supposed to be like that or did they not get installed properly? They wanted to charge me almost an hour of labour to tighten them up - I figured I could probably do that myself if no special tools are required.

HondaFreak
05-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Loose? Huh? They're either bolted to the sway bar and a-arm or they're not. Tightening the bolts takes 60 seconds at the most. Unless they think the spherical portion of the endlink means "loose". Honda techs are none too smart. The only way the can be installed wrong would be if they are under compression. Even then they wouldn't be totally installed wrong, they would just affect your sway bar and roll. And no, no special tools besides wrenches and or sockets.

Christian

ZoomBoy
05-15-2010, 10:11 PM
OK thanks I'm going to take a look at them but they probably think the little joint in the middle that can be moved is them being loose since IIRC the stock end links are a solid piece.

RedSiBaron
05-15-2010, 10:39 PM
thats what you get with aftermarket links...i have not had a single set of aftermarket links stay tight...and im not talking about the adjuster, i am talkinng about where they bolt to the sway...

talonXracer
05-16-2010, 07:00 AM
I have tried all the aftermarket endlinks and they have ALL FAILED far SOONER than the stockies, now I only run the stock endlinks(typeS as I have a typeS suspension) and they are the only ones I recommend.

Actually I havnt had an opportunity to try the Moog endlinks.

ZoomBoy
05-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Will the stock Type-S ones fit the CTR rear sway or do I need to source those endlinks specifically for the Type-R?

rd02SiR
05-16-2010, 11:04 AM
MOOOOOOG, their good shit, i have then and no problems. and i've gone through 2 sets of corsport and a set of blox.

talonXracer
05-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Will the stock Type-S ones fit the CTR rear sway or do I need to source those endlinks specifically for the Type-R?

I do believe the typeS will work with the CTR sway. IIRC the CTR uses the same design suspension that the DC5 does, the EP3 uses endlinks that are a different length. I used the ITR front sway and typeS rear and used typeS endlinks at both ends and have not had a failure in alot of miles.

Drew1d
05-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Hey everyone, I just had a CTR sway with the corsport aftermarket endlinks installed when I had my coils put on about a month ago.

Just took my car into Honda for the usual service and had them call me and said the endlinks are loose? Are they supposed to be like that or did they not get installed properly? They wanted to charge me almost an hour of labour to tighten them up - I figured I could probably do that myself if no special tools are required. An hour of labor?!?!?! You can do it yourself. put the rear of the car on jack stands, use a jack to preload the suspension, tighten. The only problem I had installing the corsport V2 endlinks is when I tried to tighten it to 35ft/lbs, and it rounded all the nuts and threw all the washers in the street on my first test drive. Good luck.

Drew1d
05-17-2010, 06:49 AM
thats what you get with aftermarket links...i have not had a single set of aftermarket links stay tight...and im not talking about the adjuster, i am talkinng about where they bolt to the sway...

*cough**Locktite**cough**

RedSiBaron
05-17-2010, 07:47 AM

no fucking way im using locktite on suspension components if i ever want to remove them again...dont need locktite on properly engineered products

Drew1d
05-17-2010, 09:10 AM
no fucking way im using locktite on suspension components if i ever want to remove them again...dont need locktite on properly engineered products If you only use a dab of semi perm. locktite, you can get it free again. Generally, you can make a "self locking" nut out of a regular one with it. If you don't want to use it on principal...well that something else. If you ever bought a used car, and some yahoo used half a bottle on the shock bolts, I can understand hating it. (especially if it's the perm stuff.) But if used real sparingly, it's not that bad.

talonXracer
05-17-2010, 09:16 AM

Well it has nothing to do with the tightening of nuts etc, but with internal wear that causes them to be "loose".

Suspension components should be assembled with ANTI-SIEZE only, not thread locker!!!!!

I have NEVER used locktite on any suspension component and NEVER had anything come loose, and if it did I would safety wire it.

HondaFreak
05-18-2010, 03:45 PM
For those who keep breaking aftermarket endlinks, I can empithise. But CorSport has been stand up in the past when I broke mine. Since I had a good suspension person explain and show me how to install them I have had no issues. I'm not pointing fingers but even the best engineering can't survive poor install. My .02

Christian