PDA

View Full Version : car is shaking...

skoolnu
05-14-2010, 03:32 PM
well the ride to carlisle and back was great... no issues what so ever. this week the car started to shake side to side when i hit the gas. i had it on the lift today at work. everything is tight and i see nothing that shouldnt be. i did rotate the wheels from the back to front. the rears were a little chopped on the inside tread. but i did that before the trip, and like i said it rode great there and back. which was a good 600 mile trip. im guessing its the tires, but i mean god damn... this thing shakes like hell. i cant see the tires making such a problem tho... i didnt check to see if they are still balanced, but i did rotate them back and it still shakes. im lost.... anyone have any imput?:shrug:

spy8181
05-14-2010, 10:24 PM
More details on the shake. Whole car shaking? Rear? Front? Steering wheel? Affected by speed? Did you torque the lugs to spec with a torque wrench? Stock wheels and tires? Aftermarket? Stock or aftermarket lugs? Do they have hub rings? You didn't double them up by accident? Brake rotor screw backed out?

Cupped tires will most likely definitely be out of balance.

skoolnu
05-15-2010, 08:34 AM
shake is in the front, steering wheel picks it up too... when you hit the gas is shakes like a crack head, but kinda worked itself out as i got to highway speeds. 65-70. but on my way home yesterday it seemed to shake the whole time at highway speed. I did torque to spec. aftermarket 18" volks and Flaken tires, which still have a good deal of tread, just the insides and choppy. r40 lugs. no hub rings. check all bolts yesterday for whole suspension and brakes and were fine. also it shook around a turn off the highway.... if its the tires, its insane that they are causing that much. when i go back to the shop, im going to balance them and see.

RHCP0801
05-15-2010, 08:52 AM
definatley sounds like a balance issue to me, if that doesnt fix it than your gonna need hub rings if the rims arent true to the hub