PDA

View Full Version : About to install jrsc with 3.7 pulley

shortstop
05-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Wish me luck:mbiggrin:

Ba82Ep3
05-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Just take your time, do it right. It will be worth the extra effort!

shortstop
05-14-2010, 07:19 PM
are people using the static tensioner that came with the jrsc or swapping the rsx s pulley for the race kit? I put the rsx s tensioner/bracket on and supercharged hits it. Im assuming pull th tensioner off the bracket and put it on the one the came with the jrsc?

shortstop
05-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Im assuming I do this shaving the tab and put on the rsx s pulley

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?54085-Modding-OEM-Tensioner-for-JRSC

beechstreet
05-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Im assuming I do this shaving the tab and put on the rsx s pulley

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?54085-Modding-OEM-Tensioner-for-JRSC
the 2.5" idler pulley from the RSX kit will help if you wanna run a shorter belt/want more tension if you use the crappy tensioner provided by Jackson Racing. If you successfully install the modded OEM tensioner, let us know how it goes and what belt you use! the handful of people that have accomplished this task haven't posted up the info and the info that we did have went down the toilet with the crash. Gonna take a shot at this myself next month. Good luck!

K20A EP3
05-15-2010, 06:21 AM
Just use your stock tensioner u'll have plenty of clearence with the 3.7 pulley.

shortstop
05-15-2010, 11:59 AM
I modded the stock tensioner but couldnt get my belt on so i used the one that came with it. Got it all done, uploaded a map, turn the key and it doesnt start. It turns over but doesnt start or even come close.

Twisted-X
05-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Have you tried turning your immobilizer off?

shortstop
05-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Yep I came back from the zoo today and checked the immobilzer and that was it. The jrsc manual tensione is stripped out and my battery died because of the lack of tension. Had to bend the bolt after I got it into place and limp it home. So should I use the stock or rsx s tensioner? I shaved the bracket to fit the jrsc already but my belt was too short to make it fit. I have both tensioners and I can pick up a belt tomorrow, just not sure which one for 3.7 pulley.

I did get on it a little bit and it sounds nice up to 4kish and then it sounds like its slipping because it feels sluggish (assuming too much fuel for lack of boost?)

DirtyEP3
05-15-2010, 09:01 PM
take a pic. I'll help if i can. but it sounds like you need a nut on the bolt after it goes thru the bracket. its not hard to do. i don't have a auto tensioner it is on a the to-do list.

shortstop
05-16-2010, 07:29 AM
take a pic. I'll help if i can. but it sounds like you need a nut on the bolt after it goes thru the bracket. its not hard to do. i don't have a auto tensioner it is on a the to-do list.

I'll try a nut on the bottom, hopefully I can fit it in there. Also, would it be benificial to swap the tensioner pulley for the ep3 or rsx s one but keep that bracket?

Anubisx_13
05-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Im running the 3.7 with the jrsc tensioner i also had to place the nut on the bottom of the tensioner bolt i ordered the 2.5 idler pulley for the rsx jrsc and am running it now the charger never slips works like a charm

shortstop
05-16-2010, 02:30 PM
ahhh so the rsx jrsc tensioner is bigger then our jrsc tensioner? I have yet to put the nut on the bottom but glad to know that's what works. I want to mod my oem next weekend but get my car driveable for work this week so im just gonna stick with the nut on the bottom.

DirtyEP3
05-16-2010, 09:29 PM
yup the nut works. i havent had to do it yet. and yes the 2.5 in is the way to go. my belt never slips!