PDA

View Full Version : Something Is Loose! Steering Column?

CHASEEE
05-16-2010, 10:11 AM
I have had this loose feeling for some time now. Before I put new coilovers on, and even after. I feel it in the steering wheel when hitting uneven pavement or a small to large gap in the road. It feels like something simple - like a loose bolt somewhere. I have checked everything I can think of in the diagram below, but have had no luck with eliminating it.

If I reach under the pedals and grab hold of the steering joint assembly I can barely wiggle it. I'm talking about where the shaft goes through the firewall and into the motor assembly. Could this be what I'm feeling?

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq118/chaseerry/Screenshot2010-05-16at121305PM.png

leocreo
05-16-2010, 11:41 AM
have you driven over a bump too fast or curb check it? i have a similar problem but i hit some dirt and put mine on a sidewalk. the mount or lower control arms might be leading to a rattle.

CHASEEE
05-18-2010, 06:51 AM
have you driven over a bump too fast or curb check it? i have a similar problem but i hit some dirt and put mine on a sidewalk. the mount or lower control arms might be leading to a rattle.

No hard bumps. This began a long time ago, and I figured changing the whole suspension would fix it along the lines. Since it did not I am thinking it's somewhere along the steering rack assembly. It's really annoying.