PDA

View Full Version : JRSC-R w/Kpro

kai-wun
05-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Bone stock 02. 60k clicks on the clock, would like to start making some power.

How does this sound?

JRSC Race Kit
K-Pro

some 3" CAI

Race Header (what's the cheapest decent one?0

Meagan 2.25" Midpipe
Stock Axelback

Anything I'm leaving out?

04EP3Hatch
05-19-2010, 10:28 PM
personal preference, run the older style injen CAI, the one that goes around the battery, no it's not 3", but the fact tha the air has a very straight path to the throttle body, not a straight 90 degree bend before the throttle body making the air very turbulent, as for a header, i have the Kiddracing header, and i am in love. and the exhaust setup.. ehhh, not gonna make much power there bro, thats gonna be like a jogger breathing through a straw, if you want a stock look get a 3" vibrant muffler with dual slanted tips (looks closeeee to oem) and 1 or 2 vibrant resonators, and have a 3" setup made. with a 2.36" exhaust, older intake i mentioned, and the Kidd header, i made 241.3hp. when i get a three inch exhaust, and maxbore'd throttle body and inlet casting, i hope to breach 250

MBaG
05-19-2010, 10:42 PM
from what i read, JRSC on an a3 won't make too much power, which gets pricey. many said, if they could do it all over again, they would swap first and go from there.

EDIT: i mean, for that amount of money, it won't make that much power.

04EP3Hatch
05-20-2010, 04:01 AM
personal preference, run the older style injen CAI, the one that goes around the battery, no it's not 3", but the fact tha the air has a very straight path to the throttle body, not a straight 90 degree bend before the throttle body making the air very turbulent, as for a header, i have the Kiddracing header, and i am in love. and the exhaust setup.. ehhh, not gonna make much power there bro, thats gonna be like a jogger breathing through a straw, if you want a stock look get a 3" vibrant muffler with dual slanted tips (looks closeeee to oem) and 1 or 2 vibrant resonators, and have a 3" setup made. with a 2.36" exhaust, older intake i mentioned, and the Kidd header, i made 241.3hp. when i get a three inch exhaust, and maxbore'd throttle body and inlet casting, i hope to breach 250

you are right, for the money you spend, the power isnt amazing, but it is a lot of fun. Im beating cars people told me i would getted ripped up by, and i look at it like this, with alllllll this stuff done, whenever the A3 goes, a k24a2 can easily take it's place

Canuck Civic
05-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah same thought I have if I swap I would still want to buy a JRSC. So why not buy it now slap it on the a3 and slowly build an engine up to how I want it.

Andrew
05-27-2010, 01:56 PM
you are right, for the money you spend, the power isnt amazing, but it is a lot of fun. Im beating cars people told me i would getted ripped up by, and i look at it like this, with alllllll this stuff done, whenever the A3 goes, a k24a2 can easily take it's place

Yeah same thought I have if I swap I would still want to buy a JRSC. So why not buy it now slap it on the a3 and slowly build an engine up to how I want it.

agreed with both, you can enjoy some boost life then really enjoy the boost life with a swap. or just sell the JRSC later on when you swap

Andrew
05-27-2010, 02:00 PM
from what i read, JRSC on an a3 won't make too much power, which gets pricey. many said, if they could do it all over again, they would swap first and go from there.

EDIT: i mean, for that amount of money, it won't make that much power.

well the thing is if you look at it, he's constructing pieces of a puzzle to a motor he has now and is using/enjoying. so thus in the future all he may need is just a motor and he'll have all the necessary parts without spending any extra money except only on a swap

kai-wun
06-02-2010, 11:50 PM
I only want the cheapest way to 200-230whp ... I'm not *that* power hungry (yes I know power is addictive) ... I'd rather have money, reliability, and without the need to replace tires every 8000km.

04EP3Hatch
06-03-2010, 03:56 AM
I only want the cheapest way to 200-230whp ... I'm not *that* power hungry (yes I know power is addictive) ... I'd rather have money, reliability, and without the need to replace tires every 8000km.

well the JRSC-R is the way to gett you there, but that tiny midpipe and stock axleback is going to hurt, if your going for a stock look, here is my suggestion on how to easily make 230 if not more depending on your tuner:

Have a custom mandrel bent 3" made, flowing from your race header (which hopefully will be the kiddracing) to this resonator
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/images/1142_WEBL.jpg

Then from that, flow into this muffler. Looks totally stock and wont be loud

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/images/1149_WEBL.jpg

jerseyjew
06-03-2010, 05:31 AM
You might want to check out my FOR SALE thread for some goodies to get this plan in motion! I made 235whp with my setup with my quickest ET to date being a 13.4, it was quick enough for around town.

04EP3Hatch
06-03-2010, 03:51 PM
You might want to check out my FOR SALE thread for some goodies to get this plan in motion! I made 235whp with my setup with my quickest ET to date being a 13.4, it was quick enough for around town.

im gunnin for your timeslip :) i made 6.3 more whp than you, but i wiegh more :(

JCM
08-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Sorry to jump in but who's resonator is that? I have the JRSC-R with straight pipe to Vibrant muffler and it's a little loud for my taste. I'd like to add a resonator to try and tone it down a bit. Will that effect the boost and tune? Just got the car yesterday so trying to comb the threads and learn a few things.

cleanep3
10-11-2010, 04:16 AM
Where can I buy this??both

well the JRSC-R is the way to gett you there, but that tiny midpipe and stock axleback is going to hurt, if your going for a stock look, here is my suggestion on how to easily make 230 if not more depending on your tuner:

Have a custom mandrel bent 3" made, flowing from your race header (which hopefully will be the kiddracing) to this resonator
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/images/1142_WEBL.jpg

Then from that, flow into this muffler. Looks totally stock and wont be loud

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/images/1149_WEBL.jpg

superchargedk20
10-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Vibrant makes sleeper series. I think thats what those are. I have vibrant and its quiet as shit.

Distance
10-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Vibrant makes sleeper series. I think thats what those are. I have vibrant and its quiet as shit.

what is recommend for the sc? 3 inch straight thru also? i remember asking about this set up awhile back but no answer.

superchargedk20
10-11-2010, 08:18 PM
what is recommend for the sc? 3 inch straight thru also? i remember asking about this set up awhile back but no answer.

whats ur goals? if i remember correctly a 3in is only neccessary when u start goin over the 250whp mark. Could be wrong. 04ep3hatch is currently gettin a 3in done to go with his JRSC setup. u should ask him. My supercharger days are long gone lol

04EP3Hatch
10-11-2010, 09:21 PM

the three inch straight was horrible with a can style muffler. it was obnoxious, girlfreind hated it and so did it. Now i have a 3" vibrant street power, the flat black one with a single tip and the ebay resonator that was in the exhaust and it is a lot quieter and deeper, i can clearly hear the blower again. but the thing is, i dont know if it was worth it. look into the merge collector of the KRRH and look what you see. i beleive it's a 2" collector. 2 INCH 8( i may do a custom merge collector to a 3" but i dunno. the setup might still like a little backpressure the keep psi up slightly to make torque. i think im gonna leave it alone though. But as for noise, im going even more noise compliant :) i am taking the single tip vibrant black muffler off, turning it 90 degrees (so the the ovalized can is facing up and down) and welding it where my resonator is. there is enough room there i just have to get hanger creative. then i am putting the flat black twin tip on the back so it looks a little better. how's that for quiet

EP_three
10-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Ive got the JRSC-R, 4" pulley, kpro, megan shorty heade,r 2.5" catback to a 2.5 megan dual tip axleback, HPS gold short ram intake and 440cc injectors and made 251hp on my own custom tune. SOld that entire engine and kpro and everything went N/A and now im going back to JRSC-R :) going with the same setup only making another, better, tune. I may run an IC. so wull see :) goodluck m8!

SandBagger
11-02-2010, 05:39 PM
2" is a small "exit" for a SC header. No less than 2.5". 3" exit is good for cars that are making upwords of 300whp and are shifting b/t 6-9,000 rpms all the time.