PDA

View Full Version : Add grease fitting to LCA?

purpleano
05-17-2010, 07:19 PM
I have heard about wear and squeaking from the compliance bushing on the LCA when using polyurethane bushings - has anyone put grease fittings in their LCAs to prevent these issues?

Sucka
05-17-2010, 08:21 PM
I used alittle WD-40 to get it to slip in and i also used a Mallet to hammer it in alittle too.

4angrybadgers
05-18-2010, 05:55 AM
I used alittle WD-40 to get it to slip in and i also used a Mullet to hammer it in alittle too.

Must be one hell of a mullet... :mbiggrin:

talonXracer
05-18-2010, 06:01 AM

You are not shittin there, it would take alot of haircare products to get the mullet stiff enough to use as a hammer....LOL

talonXracer
05-18-2010, 06:01 AM

You are not shittin there, it would take alot of haircare products to get the mullet stiff enough to use as a hammer....LOL

Adding a zerk fitting wouldnt be a bad idea, but the lack of internal reservoirs for the grease could be an issue. The greaseable bushings i have seen and used all have internal passageways to get the grease around to all portions of the bushing.

Drew1d
05-18-2010, 07:03 AM
I have heard about wear and squeaking from the compliance bushing on the LCA when using polyurethane bushings - has anyone put grease fittings in their LCAs to prevent these issues? I have poly bushings in the front but didn't put any zerk fitting or anythiong like that in. When I notice that it's making noise (like jumping on a mattress) or after it rains, I just spray silicone lubricant, and it's fine. I haven't noticed the wear that people have mentioned, but I don't use White Lithium grease because it tends to hold rocks and debris.

talonXracer
05-18-2010, 07:52 AM
With the urethane compliance bushings, jacking up the car will allow the urethane to be forced away from the bolt bushing enough that you can insert a grease gun needle tip and get some grease in there. When the vehicle is dropped back down, the excess grease squeezes out and around the bushing.

Sucka
05-18-2010, 09:53 AM
I used alittle WD-40 to get it to slip in and i also used a Mullet to hammer it in alittle too.

God damn it i spelled it wrong! I mean't Mallet? How ever you spell it.

EDIT POST.

talonXracer
05-18-2010, 10:14 AM
LOL too late now! LOL

Sucka
05-18-2010, 03:24 PM
LOL too late now! LOL

Thats just great..... Sigh....