PDA

View Full Version : K&N SRI custom heat shield vs induction box

Rictorious88
05-18-2010, 04:10 PM
**already used search button both here and google, not interested in CAI , will not switch.**

Hey guys,
currently i have a K&N sri, hondata IMG, OBX V2 race header, Apexi WS2 exhaust, and im getting the hondata reflash soon.

I'm trying to get rid of as much heat soak as possible (damn this Texas heat) so i planning on insulation wrapping the intake tube to keep the tube cooler and i was also thinking of making my own custom heat shield or air induction box (that will enclose the whole K&N cone air filter and draw air from the lower front of the car via large tube or something **haven't figured this part out yet)

I need your guys opinions/knowledge on which route to take and how to go about the design? (ive already drawn out a few specs but i'm unsure how well it will work)

Rictorious88
05-18-2010, 04:53 PM
or maybe for the induction box something similar to the password jdm intake except a huge velocity stack instead of another filter in such a way that retains stock battery location.

black05ep
05-18-2010, 05:45 PM
i had the k&n intake and i took it out and put the stock airbox back in ( i have dc race header no cat and skunk2 headerback exhaust) and felt an improvement over the k&n. then i made a ram air tube from the driver sidemarker hole and put a spoon airfilter in and the car pulls harder like that then when the intake was on it and just the box without the ram air. i also painted the box with hitemp ceramic paint and i plan on covering the box with that reflective heat tape and swapping the stock intake rubber tube with an aluminum one. good luck with the heatshield though. i thought about it then realized i liked the stock airbox better. all the race cars with a k series have the stock airbox(spoon,mugen,and a bunch of others) thats why i opted for that.

Rictorious88
05-19-2010, 03:01 PM
bump for more input.