PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good rim cleaner?

smoody
05-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Is there any products any of you recommend getting? My wheels look a little oxidized on the lip that is suppose to be polish and would like to bring out the shine back out. Let me know please

Kerby
05-19-2010, 12:07 PM
to add to your post.... a cleaner that also removes baked on brake dust (the yellow stain kind).

ep_hatcher_510
05-19-2010, 12:50 PM
i use Amazing Roll-Off, for the lip just use some polish and a buffing wheel to bring the shine back.

skoolnu
05-22-2010, 03:21 PM
I have polished lips on my volks. this shit is the best i have ever found for polished items. night before a show my buddy sat down in front of his engine bay for a few hours sippin beers, polishing random parts by hand with it. i was shocked by the outcome.

http://www.speedymetalpolish.com/index.html

siege911
05-22-2010, 05:38 PM
I use Dupont Teflon wheel cleaner for my wheels, one application and it lasts for a long time. It coats them afterwards so that the resulting brake dust/grease just wipes right off with a rag, great stuff. It won't remove oxidation, though, I think you'll need to polish that out.

Chromium4500
05-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Simple Green 50:50 mix with water. It's stupid cheap and you can buy it almost anywhere. Takes the brake dust right off my stockies.

jh604
05-23-2010, 03:50 AM
engine degreaser!!! best stuff for wheels. just be careful with it. spray on, let sit for 15 seconds, scrub is needed then rinse off. guaranteed a clean wheel every time! just remember to rinse off well!

Blackexcoupe
05-23-2010, 11:21 AM
P21S gel wheel cleaner is a great PH neutral wheel cleaner. If the lip on your wheels are raw metal then Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish should do the trick.

Kerby
05-25-2010, 06:12 AM
Simple Green 50:50 mix with water. It's stupid cheap and you can buy it almost anywhere. Takes the brake dust right off my stockies.
that's what I use after i do a mortage payment.

But seriously... I use the simple Green with water everyother wash.

This past Sunday i purchased something different. It was from Turtle Wax. Its a liquid that once you spray it on it creates a foam. HOLY CRAP!
I really neglected my front red wilwoods.. so much so that the "wilwood" was like a brownish color. i sprayed this puppy on, and i used a old toothbrush... they fricken look like new!
They also did a pretty good job too at removing some baked on brake dust. i think after a few more washes it'll all come out.

I can easily go through a bottle in one wash. I use it for everything: bugs off front bumper, wheels, muffler, V-brace, S2K rear control arms, side skirts (in the wheel well)

rd02SiR
05-25-2010, 01:24 PM
i use an old wash mitt with soap and water. If you wash them regularly then you shoulden't have this problem. Some wax on the rims help too.

EpThreeD
06-01-2010, 05:25 PM
almost anything can work, just scrub them, sense some things protect , they will seal dirt on there.