PDA

View Full Version : type r calipers

black05ep
05-19-2010, 05:43 PM
im thinking about geting some type r ep3 calipers and i know i have to upgrade to the types rotors and pads. but y do i need to swap to a type s brake booster or mastercylinder whichever it was that someone told me. if eps swap to a bbk from stoptech or brembo etc why dont they swap it to?

black05ep
05-20-2010, 04:01 PM
bump for an answer im trying to decide if these calipers are worth the purchase or not.

RedSiBaron
05-20-2010, 08:44 PM
type r ep3 calipers are the same thing as type s calipers, except they have a cast type r logo on them...if you can get them, grab them, i need a set personally...but anyway, use type s equipment, and i AGAIN suggest getting the type s MC and prop valve...i ran without it, and it worked, so you definitely dont NEED it, but it balances out the system well and gives a much more finite response to the pedal, no hard on and off with the smaller MC...the 15/16 MC from the type s will give a stiffer pedal

FYI the prop valve and MC from the type s are the same 02-06...so you no worries on the year you get it from

black05ep
05-21-2010, 01:18 PM
thanks dude. i just wanted to kno if it was a must. or more important to have the MC. now that i kno that i can run the ep3 ones ill probly grab them. thanks.