PDA

View Full Version : How much have you spent?

DgrzEp3
05-19-2010, 10:44 PM
There are so many turbo build threads on this site. Some people have done it themselves or have had it done at a shop. I am curious to know how much did you initially spend on your turbo build and how much have you spent maintaining your build. Reason being..Im considering which route to start my build at the end of this year. Whether to piece it together or not. and i hope to find out which brands of parts are more durable.

Any input would be great

gtimportfanatic
05-20-2010, 03:52 AM
did the build with a friend at his shop so i didnt pay for labor .. just a whole bunch of xbox stuff that i got discounted anyways lol

kpro with boost solenoid-1000
EMUSA ep3 specific kit- 700 shipped
Siemens 55lb injectors- 140 off CRSX
prep work at Xenocron with little tid bits- 80
tune at Xenocron- 400
car made 263whp/235trq@7.5lbs

recently i bought stage 2 clutch flywheel clutchmasters - 400

so that leaves me around 2700 for everything.. not bad

ManManning
05-20-2010, 08:45 AM
I did all my work at my house, i spent a little over 3000, including a k24 swap. I live like 2 minutes away from you, so if you ever want a ride, just hit me up!

DgrzEp3
05-20-2010, 12:27 PM
I did all my work at my house, i spent a little over 3000, including a k24 swap. I live like 2 minutes away from you, so if you ever want a ride, just hit me up!

Nice..

i think ive seen an Ep similar to yours sitting at a walmart in chino. idk if its yours..?

im definitely down for that ride, where are you located?

Im not trying to chince around the corners or expect to pay nothing for a boost build, just trying to figure out how much would a solid budget build cost

i already have kpro & exedy stg 2 clutch

ManManning
05-20-2010, 05:34 PM
yeah dude, i'm in La Verne, but i don't really go to chino. but i think i've seen you rolling around diamond bar before, around Golden Springs. maybe i'm mistaken. but yeah, i'm taking care of some last minute things, but i can probably do something this weekend, i'll hit you up when it's ready!

TigerBallZ
05-20-2010, 08:30 PM
If you do it right the 1st time, there's not much maintenance involved. I've changed the plugs a few times, changed the timing chain tensioner 2 times(may be due to stiffer valvesprings), changed the oil every 3K or so, and upgraded the trans. Other than that, I fill it up and drive the hell out of it.

It just goes back to the old saying, you get what you pay for....parts wise.

DgrzEp3
05-21-2010, 01:56 AM
yeah dude, i'm in La Verne, but i don't really go to chino. but i think i've seen you rolling around diamond bar before, around Golden Springs. maybe i'm mistaken. but yeah, i'm taking care of some last minute things, but i can probably do something this weekend, i'll hit you up when it's ready!

yeah man i work in diamond bar. at a local bowling alley

forsure man take your time. anything would be appreciated

If you do it right the 1st time, there's not much maintenance involved. I've changed the plugs a few times, changed the timing chain tensioner 2 times(may be due to stiffer valvesprings), changed the oil every 3K or so, and upgraded the trans. Other than that, I fill it up and drive the hell out of it.

It just goes back to the old saying, you get what you pay for....parts wise.

Definitely is the turh. im thinking of running a low boost set up while it stays my DD.. so yeah..any "sleeper" tips or strategies i could use when trying to hide the fact that i will have a boosted car. Ive heard painting the intercooler black(instead of the chrome) might be better. Reason being i live in Socal.