PDA

View Full Version : I hurt my ep GRrrrrrrr HELP

jeenyusss
05-20-2010, 11:46 AM
I have done tons of oil changes without a problem and jacked my car up tons with no problems. Today however, was a bad day. I was using my POS husky jack and put it under the car and lined it up for the subframe. As i was jacking the car up it musta slipped/i didnt have it set great on the subframe, and it slide off and went under the radioator support thingy. Save the you are an idiot comments, bc i threw just about everything in my garage into the wall, including my fist. I took the best pics i could, but everything is kinda bent to shit. Anyone do this before? what kinda parts do you think im gunna need. :mfrown:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/jeenyussshonda/IMG_0844.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/jeenyussshonda/IMG_0846.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/jeenyussshonda/IMG_0847.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/jeenyussshonda/IMG_0848.jpg

RedSiBaron
05-20-2010, 11:54 AM
looks like a good old sledgehammer it the fuck back down party...that or order the new pieces and re spot weld them in

jeenyusss
05-20-2010, 11:57 AM
thats what i was thinking. problem is my helms is packed, im in the process of moving . how do the pieces come apart. They look welded, and i think that may be what your referencing. god damn it im a moron GRRRRRRRRRR

RedSiBaron
05-20-2010, 11:58 AM
dude this shit happens...i dont know for sure, but the top piece may unbolt, but the lower piece will be welded in...i say pull the front end, pull your headlights, pull your radiator and just bang the shit back into place...its not as safe as re welding but if you are in the middle of moving you might not have much of an option right now

civictype_r04
05-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Sucks dude!!!!!!!

Siborg
05-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Had the same happen to me, had to stand on the rad support and kinda push it down with my weight smoothly so it wouldnt tweek it any more(just enough so the hood would close right). When i had the motor out I fixed it alot more, the metal as you know is stupid weak so it bends back with a little persuasion easily. I had a little fender bender recently and insurance alowed like $400-500 and the entire front end was like $290 and it will take like 15 or so spotwelds and some paint (at the fender and frame rail). its like $250 to piece it together(for just the upper rad support and lower support) I just wanted every thing to be correct and new alignment wise(mine affected headlight aim) so I'm replacing it all .
here are your pieces from the firewall forward:

http://www.thehondapartsstore.com/herson/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry5=FRONT+BULKHEAD&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

good luck :mwink:

kenscivic
05-20-2010, 06:42 PM
No advice but I remember these posts were popping up every other day. Tons of folks have done that. Don't sweat it and get a big ass hammer and a piece of wood.

EP_Jon
05-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Damn:jaw:, i heard about this over the BBM group. now that i see the pic....OUCH

Deadphishy
05-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Sad day. Sorry to hear that. i had my buick fall of a jack once. Wasnt fun getting it back up with no wheel. Wheel ramps for changing Oil. then i only jack up the car by the Pinch welds on the side. I always toss the wheels that i take off, under the front or the sides of the car. just it case it falls. I still have the stock rims so i don't care if they get slammed on. But I do care if my face gets smashed while i'm under the car.

yyi
05-21-2010, 06:01 PM
man, sorry to hear that. The exact same thing happened to me, my jackpoint on the subframe buckled, and the jack slid off and hit the rad support. From the looks of it, you have a pretty severe case. Hope you find a way to fix soon!

jeenyusss
05-21-2010, 06:08 PM
im gunna see if i can pick some of the parts up at the junkyard this coming week

slo_k20
05-28-2010, 11:32 AM
this just happened to me :( i've jacked up my car so many damn times but the one time where i'm not in my garage, using a shitty $40 walmart jack on gravel. not the best idea now!

nolimit59
05-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Hammer it the fuck back down party... haha

sLiCk
05-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Like everybody has said, the lower rad support is spot welded into the chassis at many locations. The piece is extremely flimsy so chances are you can straighten her back out with some ingenuity. Take your time though because the headlights and hood latch bolt to it as well so it may affect the alignment if you get too aggressive.

Evomaniac
08-09-2010, 08:59 PM
i did this too...i was doing an oil change and it slipped exactly as you described it...that was one of the saddest days of my life...haha..now i use ramps to prevent this...still havent fixed it and my hood pops up a little to...welcome to the club...

hondaguy92129
08-09-2010, 10:33 PM
I did that to my mom's odyssey (oops! sorry mom...) and had to fix it. IDK how it is on the ep but on the odyssey i had to pull the bumper and radiator to get to that piece. Top part was bolted and the bottom was welded to the frame.

Good thing is it isn't structural, I just mashed it back into place with a mallet. Make sure you do a good job though or else your hood will be a b*tch to open/close...

jeenyusss
08-10-2010, 10:24 AM
i ended up bringing it to a local shop. 300$ out the door fixed it back to normail, you wouldnt even know i did it. cant beat that imo