PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Deal With This?

SteezyHFP
05-20-2010, 07:27 PM
has anyone ever had experience with these? not saying im buying it or anyhting just wondering about the "legitness" of it its just funny finding it on accident
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Catback-Exhaust-Honda-Civic-Si-02-05-EP3-03-04-K20-/150446084838?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23074912e6

cody_sir
05-21-2010, 02:25 PM
its because its no name basically. I would never buy something like this because its doesnt really give you any info about the exhaust. I mean it says that its japan inspired and blah blah blah but you cant really read reviews on it cuz there is no company name or anything. The only good thing really about this exhaust is the seller because he seems to have good feedback and stuff.

SteezyHFP
05-21-2010, 06:53 PM
yeah exactly i have herd from some places there just the exact same thing just minus the brand name slapped on them
kinda like captin crunch vs King Vitaman

MajorJones
05-21-2010, 07:13 PM
In my opinion i wouldn't trust it at all, like Cody said you cant read reviews. Plus when you click on about us it say company doesn't exist

SteezyHFP
05-21-2010, 08:52 PM
haha just found this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoYHzgQVnGE

RedSiBaron
05-22-2010, 09:04 AM
wow that sounds terrible

ep3moschini
05-22-2010, 10:02 AM
looks like a regular ebay crap exhaust that will most likely rot in a rear

showoff3civic
05-22-2010, 11:38 AM
wow that sounds terrible

you cant talk! used to the beautiful sound of the mugen ahhhhh sweet music to my ears

rallyp3
05-22-2010, 12:34 PM
wow that sounds terrible

sounds like every other EP exhaust.

RedSiBaron
05-22-2010, 12:37 PM
you cant talk! used to the beautiful sound of the mugen ahhhhh sweet music to my ears

hahaha well yes this is true, but ive heard others that sound pretty good too

sounds like every other EP exhaust.

ya that i would have to disagree with

rallyp3
05-22-2010, 12:42 PM
ya that i would have to disagree with
Only because you overpaid for a fad exhaust but hey its your money.

kprocivic
05-22-2010, 12:46 PM
after going through their feedback they seem to be ok. for 100 bucks i might try it. fitment is another story.

username011
05-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Unless you have a turbo you dont need some huge 4-5 inch tip cannon muffler on the back of your Honda Civic.

kprocivic
05-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Unless you have a turbo you dont need some huge 4-5 inch tip cannon muffler on the back of your Honda Civic.

why not they have them in the fast and the furious.

username011
05-22-2010, 02:30 PM
why not they have them in the fast and the furious.

My exhaust turned sideways with a 5 inch tip
I raced a z06 and took home his pink slip

black05ep
05-22-2010, 03:51 PM

i disagree on that. the skunk2 exhaust have 4 inch tips and work amazing for na car and boosted cars alike. i love mine sounds good and i felt a gain from it.i dont think its so much the muffler tip size as it is the size of the exhaust piping itself. mine is 2.25 but im thinking about upping to 2.5 possibly. but anything over 2.5 i wouldnt use without boost or high output na motor. i cant justify how well ebay exhausts perform but the fitment is usually pretty good.

cronicEP
05-22-2010, 04:12 PM
why not? 100 bucks...if you're on a budget....who cares what other people think...you don't have to be like everyone else and buy name brand shit...but i wouldn't trade my WSII for it...hehe

ep3moschini
05-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Only because you overpaid for a fad exhaust but hey its your money.

wow, thats one hell of a comeback

how about he payed good money for a quality exhaust that will last the life of his car, its not obnoxiously loud, and has a resale vale?

black05ep
05-22-2010, 06:38 PM

how about he payed good money for a quality exhaust that will last the life of his car, its not obnoxiously loud, and has a resale vale?

thats a good point. if i could afford the mugen twin loop or spoon N1 (very loud) i would. so i opted for the skunk2 i got a really good deal on it .

RedSiBaron
05-22-2010, 07:10 PM

haha thanks joe...you hit the nail on the head...

ya see heres a few things about my exhaust you might not know...its all hand made and hand bent by a small japanese fabrication shop out of quality stainless. It uses oem style fittings, and has perfect fitment. I was properly developed so it produces a lot of bang for the buck...It produces much better power than most of the exhausts out there... Oh yes and the best part i dont sound like a ricer, my exhaust doesnt detract from my car and in 20 years when i still own the car it will be worth more than i paid and will still look as good as it does today...

oh and by fad, you mean everyone has them? because very few do, and i personally bought mine because ive wanted a mugen exhaust on my car since i was 15 and couldnt get one for my old honda, so i saved for over a year to buy this exhaust for my ep...soooo hey if you dont get it i dont care, im more than happy with it and at the end of the day im not wasting my money

i guess haters gonna hate :shrug:

SteezyHFP
05-22-2010, 11:10 PM
anyone ever had any semi legit luck with ebay parts?

ep3moschini
05-23-2010, 03:47 AM
thats a good point. if i could afford the mugen twin loop or spoon N1 (very loud) i would. so i opted for the skunk2 i got a really good deal on it .

:mrolleyes: I had a spoon N1 with a MRRH, and a Type-R mid pipe and it was not anywhere near as loud as my Buddy Club exhaust's were (pro spec and spec III)

Deadphishy
05-23-2010, 06:25 AM
I might try their 3" RSX exhaust. then buy a 3" OBX Twin loop and have it put on to fit an EP.

I'm looking for a race exhaust system. Something i can take to the track but won't be to loud that i get kicked off. Or local track is pretty hard on noise.

Who cares if its cheap. my car won't see snow, and this exhaust will only see weekends. I think i'll scuff it up and paint it black anyway.

SteezyHFP
05-23-2010, 09:03 PM
ever heard of genki tuning?
hows there catback?

kprocivic
05-23-2010, 10:24 PM
haha thanks joe...you hit the nail on the head...

ya see heres a few things about my exhaust you might not know...its all hand made and hand bent by a small japanese fabrication shop out of quality stainless. It uses oem style fittings, and has perfect fitment. I was properly developed so it produces a lot of bang for the buck...It produces much better power than most of the exhausts out there... Oh yes and the best part i dont sound like a ricer, my exhaust doesnt detract from my car and in 20 years when i still own the car it will be worth more than i paid and will still look as good as it does today...

oh and by fad, you mean everyone has them? because very few do, and i personally bought mine because ive wanted a mugen exhaust on my car since i was 15 and couldnt get one for my old honda, so i saved for over a year to buy this exhaust for my ep...soooo hey if you dont get it i dont care, im more than happy with it and at the end of the day im not wasting my money

i guess haters gonna hate :shrug:

lol whatever floats your boat. especially with exhausts fitment is key though. i don't know the msrp on a mugen exhaust but if thats what you want more power to you, i find it odd for me to pay around 19k on the ep, and then spend 10% of my cars value on a exhaust system. just me though everyone is different.

black05ep
05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
:mrolleyes: I had a spoon N1 with a MRRH, and a Type-R mid pipe and it was not anywhere near as loud as my Buddy Club exhaust's were (pro spec and spec III)

But it was still loud though right? i kno the buddyclubs are notoriously loud.my friend had a dc5-s with a spoon N1 catback (version1) and just a shorty header and it was almost as loud as my sk2. was it the version 1 or version2?

SteezyHFP
05-25-2010, 06:24 PM
What's the best website to find some good ones cheap ?