PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP ASAP Urgent!!!!!!

rusty#1
05-20-2010, 07:52 PM
hey guys i have a built motor its been 4-5 month's since the shop put the motor together and in my car, i let it warm up all the time changed the oil dont abuse it. But in the middle of driving today otw to work my car shuts off in the middle of traffic it wouldn't start til the 4th time i turned the key, the car was turning over but didnt start until the 4th time, then i starting driving it and it went into safe mode driving rough and everything btw no lights came on the dash besides the cel that was on before because of some bad evap sensor.

So when i was done with work i started the car and it started fine it was not in safe mode but i noticed when i gave it some gas it wouldn't accelerate fast it would be a jerky like it was struggling im fearing the worst like a bad piston ring

also i have a diy catch can i made but i noticed the last couple of days that the hose was collapsing when i start the car, could this mean that there is too much pressure in the crank case if the hose is collapsing off of the pcv valve hence causing these problems

thanks guys really need some help

VIZHUNZ02SI
05-20-2010, 09:04 PM
hey guys i have a built motor its been 4-5 month's since the shop put the motor together and in my car, i let it warm up all the time changed the oil dont abuse it. But in the middle of driving today otw to work my car shuts off in the middle of traffic it wouldn't start til the 4th time i turned the key, the car was turning over but didnt start until the 4th time, then i starting driving it and it went into safe mode driving rough and everything btw no lights came on the dash besides the cel that was on before because of some bad evap sensor.

So when i was done with work i started the car and it started fine it was not in safe mode but i noticed when i gave it some gas it wouldn't accelerate fast it would be a jerky like it was struggling im fearing the worst like a bad piston ring

also i have a diy catch can i made but i noticed the last couple of days that the hose was collapsing when i start the car, could this mean that there is too much pressure in the crank case if the hose is collapsing off of the pcv valve hence causing these problems

thanks guys really need some help

doubt it your pvc. that pushes out vapors not suck them in. sounds like a problem i had. it turned out to be the tct failed due to oild pump failure.
i'd check the oil pump tct and timing chain. when me a3 shitted on me no lights came on either. dont try to drive it it'll only make it worse. no oil circulation=more friction= bolts n shit will start backin out. i learned the hard way

rusty#1
05-20-2010, 09:51 PM
hmm ic but everything is new not saying that; that couldnt be the problem i will check it out, but i have come to a conclusion tell me wat you think i think it could be the pcv valve is stuck because the hose is collaping the hose shouldnt collapse unless there is no flow kinds like a straw it wont collapse if the other side isnt blocked or my catch can is clogged. so tommrow morning im going to take the catch can off and run the stock setup without the catch can and if it collapsis its the pcv valve if it doesnt collapse its the catch can

talonXracer
05-21-2010, 05:00 AM
STOP assuming!!!!!!!!!!

Get the code read ASAP, more than one code can be present.

The engine would still breath thru the VC breather inlet if the PCV fails. But it wouldnt hurt to replecae the hoses to the catch can, you need to use very strong hose for those lines, fuel/vacuum.

What catch can? Pic's of it?

rusty#1
05-21-2010, 10:13 AM
its the diy catch can from k20a.org with the air water separator, i called the shop he said is sounds like it could be something electrical he told me to check everything then im gonna call him if cant find anything gonna scan it too