PDA

View Full Version : new rims but what tires...then what suspension

Hajdoki_Ep3
05-20-2010, 10:18 PM
ok so I got new rims running at 16x8 offset 35 for the front and 16x7 35 for the rear. My question is will 225/50/16 fit with stock front suspension? Just wondering on front....

Also I've been told bilstien shocks are good for dd and track use..any thoughts? I also heard they arn't cheap so if anyone has any ideas for better setup let me know...

http://www.bilsteincanada.com/index.php?cPath=1_8042_8296_8326

?

RedSiBaron
05-20-2010, 10:46 PM
bilstien are are great and so is koni (which is slightly cheaper, you can get out the door from either king or tire rack for around 600) ...if you arent going coilovers these are your best choices...everything else i wouldnt spend them money on, but then again I am a suspension junkie

Hajdoki_Ep3
05-21-2010, 06:07 AM
bilstien are are great and so is koni (which is slightly cheaper, you can get out the door from either king or tire rack for around 600) ...if you arent going coilovers these are your best choices...everything else i wouldnt spend them money on, but then again I am a suspension junkie

well I went on the bilstien american site and looked up coilovers for our ep3s. I found struts at the cost of 450x2 for the front and 150x2 for the rear? Just for struts? Also I heard bilstein makes pss9 which is a great coilover aparently. As for koni I don't really know much but from what I hear they don't come mono tube...

_shift
05-21-2010, 08:04 AM
If you're not in too much of a hurry, I was convinced to get the Progress coilovers. I've been told many good things about these. They do cost about a grand, but the rates are pretty good for the occasional spirited driving I do on the weekends, but not too stiff for a DD (perfect for me). Only down side is that they take a month or so to get to you.

bearcat91
05-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Im wanting to drop my ride a little bit...woud lowering springs be fine ?