PDA

View Full Version : Blue Print Valvetrain

02_epdriver
05-21-2010, 04:14 AM
I'm thinking I want to build my head with blueprint products, for those of you that are using their products what is a good place to purchase from. Blueprint racing themselves or someone else? Another questions is on there site they have some stuff listed for K20 and some stuff listed for 05-06. I don't think there would be any differences or am I wrong. I have a used 04 A2 head and a new 06 Z3 head. I want to start purchasing stuff for this K24A1/K20 build.

Are they better for N/A or more for boost. I'm doing some research just trying to get some info and opinions from the fellow hatchers.

Thanks

Kerby
05-21-2010, 04:26 AM
i don't remember EXACTLY what someone on this forum told me but I believe what they told me is that the metal that they use to fabricate their products comes from China....
They also told me to stay away.
This was/is a respected member, and has numerous builds under their belt. use at your own risk.

02_epdriver
05-21-2010, 04:37 AM
i don't remember EXACTLY what someone on this forum told me but I believe what they told me is that the metal that they use to fabricate their products comes from China....
They also told me to stay away.
This was/is a respected member, and has numerous builds under their belt. use at your own risk.

Ok, I havent heard a lot of things about them. but nothing really bad either. Maybe that member might chime in and say why to stay away or why the metal is bad. Just curious.

talonXracer
05-21-2010, 04:48 AM
BluePrint engine internals are for the most part Chinese made, but not from a typical Chinese knockoff shop, but one that follows decent quality controls. I have heard of issues with their valvetrain(cam's, springs), I dont know the full issues raised with their cam's but I always say you get what you pay for.

Deadphishy
05-21-2010, 03:57 PM
I have Blue print made Rods. they looked pretty decent when i got them. Still holding up in my motor after two years.

02_epdriver
05-22-2010, 01:14 AM
Hey Deadphishy what is your setup again?